77 replies to this topic

#16 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 12:00 PM

We are sending everything starting now. If nothing shows up in your Email by midnight. Let a moderator know.

#17 Phoenix

Phoenix

UKR Forum Ex Regular!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 06:03 PM

I'd love to come to the convention, but it's a few days after I start Uni (i.e. during fresher's week). I'd thought that I might wait until I got to Uni and see if it was going to be practical to hop on a train and skive off for a day, but having investigated this, it seems it would take me about 5-1/2 hours to get there and 6-1/2 to get back, changing trains frequently. I think I'm going to have to give it a miss. Apologies to everyone who's organised the convention, it has my full support in spirit, if not in person. Hope you all have a great time!

#18 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 08:40 PM

I'd love to come to the convention, but it's a few days after I start Uni (i.e. during fresher's week). I'd thought that I might wait until I got to Uni and see if it was going to be practical to hop on a train and skive off for a day, but having investigated this, it seems it would take me about 5-1/2 hours to get there and 6-1/2 to get back, changing trains frequently. I think I'm going to have to give it a miss. Apologies to everyone who's organised the convention, it has my full support in spirit, if not in person. Hope you all have a great time!

Phonix - I suggest you will post where you are coming from and see if someone can give you a ride. Car share is an option people will glad to go with! 3 weeks to go - register!

#19 minalth

minalth

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:38 PM

I am in the same position, but since I'm going to the University of Birmingham I'm not too far away. I'm still not sure whether I will be able to come along though.

If I don't make it, good luck and have fun. I will try hard to come though.
If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.

#20 Phoenix

Phoenix

UKR Forum Ex Regular!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:19 PM

Well, I'll be at the University of Wales, Bangor, which is in North Wales. Should be able to get a (sensible) train to nearby places. I don't really know what the situation will be like at Uni - I'll have to see if it would be OK to miss a day of fresher's week, so I can't really commit to coming now. If someone offers me a lift (PM) then I'll register for it and confirm whether I'm coming later. Cheers!

#21 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:37 PM

Mate, the only thing you'll miss at Freshers week is the pub! Your all going to miss some seriously impressive things, so make sure you try and get along. I am sure we can help get you from nearby stations to the event and vice versa.

#22 shadowpyro

shadowpyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:12 PM

The University of Birmingham? what are you studying? -i'm thinking of going there as well for chemical engineering.
Besides, the convention is on a saturday for a reason-alotta people are free on saturdays.
There is no such thing as failure, either learn or succeed!

#23 Gavin

Gavin

• UKPS Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 04:16 PM

The University of Birmingham? what are you studying? -i'm thinking of going there as well for chemical engineering.
Besides, the convention is on a saturday for a reason-alotta people are free on saturdays.

Chem eng that brings back some memories. I'll bet they still have the same logo on the faculty sweatshirts etc "exchange heat in a fluidized bed with a Brum Uni Chemical Engineer" :D

#24 shadowpyro

shadowpyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:56 PM

LOL!! dont remeber seeing that when i went on the headstart course there... methinks im gonna have to get myself one of those sweatshirts!
Gavin, what grades did you get to get into the university?
There is no such thing as failure, either learn or succeed!

#25 minalth

minalth

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:38 AM

doing biological sciences :)
If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.

#26 Gavin

Gavin

• UKPS Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 02:31 PM

LOL!! dont remeber seeing that when i went on the headstart course there... methinks im gonna have to get myself one of those sweatshirts!
Gavin, what grades did you get to get into the university?

To be honest I can't remember what the requirements were. It was quite a while ago & the grey matter aint what it used to be!!

#27 pymp

pymp

Trying to move into SFX..

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:05 PM

On the subject of getting lifts there, is anyone leaving from or going through Hertfordshire? If anyone is and they have a spare car seat I would be more than happy to split petrol costs. :)
"There are many old pyros
There are many bold pyros
But there are not very many
Old, Bold Pyros"
- author unknown

#28 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:29 PM

You want to talk to BigG. He will be travelling from the area and more than likely will be able to help.

#29 pymp

pymp

Trying to move into SFX..

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:45 PM

Thanks for the tip Richard, I'll drop him a PM :)
"There are many old pyros
There are many bold pyros
But there are not very many
Old, Bold Pyros"
- author unknown

#30 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 03:46 PM

Attention, if you have not registered for the convention yet and wish to attend, please do so NOW. We will not realistically be able to process any more registrations after the end of this coming week.

http://www.pyrosocie...n_register.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users