UKPS First Annual Convention

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#31 pyromaniac303

pyromaniac303

• UKPS Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 10:21 AM

Im guessing we wouldnt be allowed to take any of our own devices to show people? What about half completed devices maybe with no comp, or individual chems (unmixed, such as just kno3 on its own, or just willow charcoal) if anyone wants to do a swap for something they really need? I just dont want to turn up and get kicked out for bringing something i shouldnt :ph34r:
You can never have a long enough fuse...

#32 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 10:45 AM

Given that is a very big grey area indeed, you must not bring any live compositions or such to the event. If you are planning on swapping supplies with other people, I don't see that being a problem within reason.

We must play by the rules at all times, I cannot stress this enough.

#33 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

Resident Maltese shell builder

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:39 PM

Please nothing over board! This is our FIRST big thing and we dont want to spoil it, its good to ask first but anyone seen breaking these rules could face possible banning.

#34 BrightStar

BrightStar

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 08:16 PM

Well, I'll pay in cash and beer if anyone could bring a few spare HDPE mortar tubes along.... I could really do with half a dozen 4" and maybe a few 6" - it would save me a fortune in shipping... Hope this wouldn't contravene any society rules.

PS: I'll be driving from Oxfordshire so might be able to offer someone a lift if it would help...

Edited by BrightStar, 20 September 2006 - 09:47 PM.

#35 shadowpyro

shadowpyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:18 PM

Well if anyon can get me some brass milling media of sorts, id buy them.- been pretty unsuccessful in finding brass rods and something to cut them with...
Maybe someone ought to bring some stuff to sell,- as in anyone who owns a pyro supply website or something as its not actually live compositions being sold. :)
There is no such thing as failure, either learn or succeed!

#36 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:21 PM

Your local engineering supplier will be useful, or google for Chronos. A saw is the conventional method of cutting things, and often available in various forms! An electric jigsaw with metal cutting blade is expedient, but a trusty hacksaw can also be used. Brass is a soft metal and cuts easily.

#37 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:56 PM

This should not be regarded as a Bring and buy pyro sale, im sure 'a few' items is ok but nothing too much or eyes will start to look at us all. Use an angle grinder it will take seconds to chop brass. And if you cant find brass then you cant have looked much, its easily found.

#38 shadowpyro

shadowpyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:47 PM

I know where to go etc, in fact ive already tried the local garages and even the local metal works shop but found nothing (they had bronze instead but 20 pounds to cut it and buy the rod was a tad steep!), as for th stateof my garage i wont be going in there for anything fora while---> serious asbestos problems until we get a new one built.
Ah well nvm. But im sure a few items will be a good idea, just stuff like willow charcoal, string even kraft paper....i see what you mean about the OTT chemicals stall thing though...

#39 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:51 PM

It now members last chance to join the convention. If you submit your request to join by the 28th, and make payment by 29th, you can still make it in.

Non-members are too late for this event, but with the fireworks season coming up, we have many other things in store. Support the UKPS and join today!

Edited by adamw, 27 September 2006 - 05:47 PM.

#40 shadowpyro

shadowpyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 02:44 PM

Ive just had a rather scary thought. Would it be possible for someone to check that my payment went through a while ago please? its just that i get this feeling that when i arrive someone'll tell me that im not registered for the event or something! if you need my member number i can pm it.

Thanks all

#41 pyromaniac303

pyromaniac303

• UKPS Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 02:56 PM

Would it be possible for someone to check that my payment went through a while ago please?

Are we supposed to be recieving confirmation of payment or not? I haven't heard anything either...
You can never have a long enough fuse...

#42 shadowpyro

shadowpyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 03:05 PM

Thats what i thought, i asked for confirmation in my paypal payment, thats why i'm slightly warried...

#43 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 04:35 PM

Just spoken to the rest of the Admin, yes your both ok to come. So please turn up. Apologise for not letting you know but we've all been very busy. If anyone has any questions then please ask TONIGHT, pm me or post here. All the other mods/admins are out of the office so to speak.

Thankyou.

Edited by karlfoxman, 29 September 2006 - 06:53 PM.

#44 Phoenix

Phoenix

UKR Forum Ex Regular!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 06:11 PM

Hi guys, as you've probably gathered (I guess many of you will be reading this on Sunday) I can't really get there. It's also the sailing team tryouts tomorrow, and the big climb up Snowden on Sunday, which I don't want to miss. Hopefully I'll be there next year. Have fun!

PS - Bangor's awesome!

#45 shadowpyro

shadowpyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:49 PM

OK thanks alot for the confirmation im relieved!
Shame about not being able to come pheonix, but im sure it'll be even bigger and better next year!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users