• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31 Stew

Stew

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:38 AM

he meant LEWES! biggest bonfire celebrations in the country:D we march through the streets with flaming torches build tableus and effigies of people/happenings and then blow them all up with firewoks and a good old firework display at the end of the evening! 5 main societys really all relatively in 'competition' with each other. also too many members of the public come already! there has been 80,000 people there a couple of years.

#32 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:03 AM

He means Lewes, East Sussex. The Rainbow pub is at the top of school hill and a little way along on the same side as the old law courts. If anyone goes, expect to share the pavements with around 50, 000 other punters.

What time will you be there Skywalker?
Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

#33 skywalker

skywalker

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:17 PM

Yeah sorry bout that ( Lewes), was a bit late when i did that post last night. Pub quiz and all :wacko:
I will more than likley be up there all day or even go Friday. not going to try and leave it too late, especially with 50,000 - 80,000 others tring to get there iswell.

If you wana meet up ill be the one at the bar with red hair, red beard and some of them lovely girls that go in there.
if ya cant get in ask for luke and ill come save you. First beer is on me :) .

#34 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 07:09 PM

I will try to get up and meet you. I'm there from Friday for badge night, so maybe I can get to meet you after all.

#35 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:37 PM

Thought members might like to see some of my Nov 5th stuff

Posted Image

The traffic light uses a label from the firework museum - the rest my own design

Posted Image

This is my tribute to one of the 'tree' set pieces in the Weingart book - it's about 4 feet from top to bottom. Remains to be seen if the 7 gerbs and 2 double saxons all light at once!

Edited by phildunford, 30 October 2006 - 09:39 PM.

Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#36 skywalker

skywalker

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 12:25 AM

:)

I will try to get up and meet you. I'm there from Friday for badge night, so maybe I can get to meet you after all.

Yeah that would be cool, im going to be up there most of the day as my other half if geting her hair done in Lewes. may come back down 2 Brighton on Friday night but if you would like to meet up in the day that would be cool. But if not ill be in the Rainbow all of Satarday, so let me know.

all the best

Lukey

#37 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 12:49 AM

OK will do.

#38 skywalker

skywalker

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 12:54 AM

Mortartube are you from around sussex??

#39 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 09:58 AM

Yes. A quaint little fishing village called Newhaven. (If you've ever been there you'll know that's a complete lie.)

PM me nearer the time as this is a bit off topic, and with my memory I'll no doubt forget to contact you.

#40 Rip Rap

Rip Rap

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 11:28 AM

Thought members might like to see some of my Nov 5th stuff

This is my tribute to one of the 'tree' set pieces in the Weingart book - it's about 4 feet from top to bottom. Remains to be seen if the 7 gerbs and 2 double saxons all light at once!

Those are real works of art. Fantastic construction. Almost a shame to set them off :) Can you take any pics as they are fired?
"Choose a job that you love & you will never do a days work in your life!"

#41 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:23 PM

Thanks Rip Rap!

Yes, will see if I can get some pics on the 5th...

Think it makes them look more pro than just plain tubes. Does not take all that long either - compared with the actual making! Mostly done in Adobe Pagemaker, but any graphics program could make some nice labels I'm sure.
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#42 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:10 PM

Wonderful items you've got there Phil - a real inspiration! Thanks for posting them.

The satisfaction of looking at a finished device can clearly be multiplied by spending a little extra time on the decoration. I think I'll have to see about doing that myself in the future!

Would love to see some action shots of them if possible.

#43 EnigmaticBiker

EnigmaticBiker

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:40 PM

Yes, really impressive, video please.

I'm doing mine now and appreciate the time and work it takes, nothing as elaborate as that though!

#44 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 09:09 PM

Phil those are mighty fine items, my favourite is the tree of gerbs and saxons. That's how a proper firework should look, noy some Japanese inspired sci fi labels from China. I hope they do exactly what you want them to.

#45 iggy

iggy

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 11:19 PM

on the 3rd we are at newlands school in seaford and in sevenoaks prep school
4th we are at kings church in hastings and winchelsea bonfire
5th we are at the green lawn tennis club in hastings and crowhurst bonfire
10th stafford school in eastbourne

0 user(s) are reading this topic