The "Ultimate" Fireworks display?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Shrubsole_*

Guest_Shrubsole_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2006 - 03:11 PM

I don't know if any of you have seen this before, but how about this for the ultimate lazy Pyro Wizzard:

http://www.paramount...m/fireworks.htm

1. Order
2. Take from front door to back garden
3. Open up a can of beer
4. Light fuse
5. Sit back and make claims that you made it all yourself!

:D

#2 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

Resident Maltese shell builder

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 03:58 PM

It says its made by the biggest uk firework maufactuer! Hmm I would not think its made here! Just looks like any other single ignition display cake to me, oh well whatever rocks your boat! :D

Edited by karlfoxman, 15 October 2006 - 03:58 PM.

#3 ProfHawking

ProfHawking

3... 2... 1... Umm

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 05:11 PM

yeah dont belive the sales pitch. It has a blackcat logo on it, i must say im not too impressed with their big single ignitions.
Have a look at International fireworks' Tigers Revenge. Its doesnt last long, but i really like the look of it as a finale peice

#4 Guest_Shrubsole_*

Guest_Shrubsole_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2006 - 10:28 PM

?69.95! - That's a lot of chemicals to me.

And where is the fun of DIY?

Buying extra fireworks is all very good, but I can stand all of mine in a cardboard box if that's the object :D

It just kinda defeats the object that we are all about on here (but then I don't think it's aimed at us.

...And ?69.95 for 3 minutes seems a hell of a lot to me.

We all go to so much effort to produce something meaningful V a cardboard box with no imagination by the manufacturer OR the person who buys it.

But as you said... Each to their own. :rolleyes:

#5 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 10:58 PM

?69.95! - That's a lot of chemicals to me.

And where is the fun of DIY?

Buying extra fireworks is all very good, but I can stand all of mine in a cardboard box if that's the object :D

It just kinda defeats the object that we are all about on here (but then I don't think it's aimed at us.

...And ?69.95 for 3 minutes seems a hell of a lot to me.

We all go to so much effort to produce something meaningful V a cardboard box with no imagination by the manufacturer OR the person who buys it.

But as you said... Each to their own. :rolleyes:

Ok Shrubsole. I suggest you stop it right there. From what I hear, you are making fireworks at home (not a registered facility), and then show them to a crowd?

Let?s just understand what you are doing for a second. You make fireworks at home, hopefully under 100g (please, if it?s more, I don?t want to know), and then display them to people, without any insurance. So, you display what is effectively cat 4 fireworks (even under 100g) to audience, without insurance?

Listen; since these forums are read by the HSE and other legal organizations, I suggest you will control the information you provide on these forums. What you do is not endangering yourself, but others, and that?s just not responsible.

This hobby is a lonely hobby. Share it with you fellow enthusiasts (join the society!), not with the general public.

#6 Guest_Shrubsole_*

Guest_Shrubsole_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2006 - 02:12 PM

Ok Shrubsole. I suggest you stop it right there. From what I hear, you are making fireworks at home (not a registered facility), and then show them to a crowd?

Let?s just understand what you are doing for a second. You make fireworks at home, hopefully under 100g (please, if it?s more, I don?t want to know), and then display them to people, without any insurance. So, you display what is effectively cat 4 fireworks (even under 100g) to audience, without insurance?

Listen; since these forums are read by the HSE and other legal organizations, I suggest you will control the information you provide on these forums. What you do is not endangering yourself, but others, and that?s just not responsible.

This hobby is a lonely hobby. Share it with you fellow enthusiasts (join the society!), not with the general public.

:wacko: What a strange reply!

Full of assumption with not a lot of evidence.

"From what I hear, you are making fireworks at home (not a registered facility), and then show them to a crowd?" - You have? From whom? TOTALLY WRONG!

Then based on ONLY what you have decided to make up or imagine, you then take it upon yourself to reprimand me.

"So, you display what is effectively cat 4 fireworks (even under 100g) to audience, without insurance?" - Oh at last! a question rather than just jump down someones throat you should be asking questions in the first place. (Either here or via PM or email)

But to answer your question: No! I don't do or ever have done any of that and have no plans to do so in the future. If by "Make your own fireworks" you mean do a few experiments (under 100g) and by "Crowed" you mean my brother and I and maybe anyone who is outside my property looking in, then yes, I do do that.

So after you come down from you high horse, you can apologise! :angry:

I have come across bad moderation before and have even been one myself, but never seen one go off on one, attacking people with little or no evidence instead of conducting themselves as an adult and asking questions if they have read something and don't understand it. - Or all they do is look bloody silly!

"2. Take from front door to back garden" - How am I going to get this imagined crowd into my back garden for this imagined Cat 4 display. Oh that's right! It only exists in your imagination.

I'm a fully grown man, I have no idea who you are, but please don't imagine that you can get away with talking down to me as a little kid because someone has foolishly (Based on the FACT of this weird outburst from you) elected you a moderator. :rolleyes:

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing: That more than applies to your moderating skills.

Let's keep to FACTS in future shall we? or at least ask questions if you don't understand something. That applies to fireworks AND your moderation!

:angry:

Edited by Shrubsole, 18 October 2006 - 02:17 PM.

#7 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 02:49 PM

:wacko: What a strange reply!

Full of assumption with not a lot of evidence.

"From what I hear, you are making fireworks at home (not a registered facility), and then show them to a crowd?" - You have? From whom? TOTALLY WRONG!

Then based on ONLY what you have decided to make up or imagine, you then take it upon yourself to reprimand me.

"So, you display what is effectively cat 4 fireworks (even under 100g) to audience, without insurance?" - Oh at last! a question rather than just jump down someones throat you should be asking questions in the first place. (Either here or via PM or email)

But to answer your question: No! I don't do or ever have done any of that and have no plans to do so in the future. If by "Make your own fireworks" you mean do a few experiments (under 100g) and by "Crowed" you mean my brother and I and maybe anyone who is outside my property looking in, then yes, I do do that.

So after you come down from you high horse, you can apologise! :angry:

I have come across bad moderation before and have even been one myself, but never seen one go off on one, attacking people with little or no evidence instead of conducting themselves as an adult and asking questions if they have read something and don't understand it. - Or all they do is look bloody silly!

"2. Take from front door to back garden" - How am I going to get this imagined crowd into my back garden for this imagined Cat 4 display. Oh that's right! It only exists in your imagination.

I'm a fully grown man, I have no idea who you are, but please don't imagine that you can get away with talking down to me as a little kid because someone has foolishly (Based on the FACT of this weird outburst from you) elected you a moderator. :rolleyes:

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing: That more than applies to your moderating skills.

Let's keep to FACTS in future shall we? or at least ask questions if you don't understand something. That applies to fireworks AND your moderation!

:angry:

The staff on this forum happen to be some of the best moderators I have met, I am a member of many forums and this is the best kept that I know of. BigG is simply looking out for your safety and the safety of others.
Category 4 Trained to BPA Level 1 Equivalent.

#8 pendulum

pendulum

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 03:31 PM

When I read this thread I thought BigG's reply was a bit strange considering what Shrubsole wrote. The basis of his reply was built on loads of assumptions that I didn't think were right...

So I am not surprised about the guy replying in an angry way, most of us probably would if we got accused of doing stuff like that.

Just my 2p's worth from someone who knows neither of you (unbiased!).

#9 Guest_Shrubsole_*

Guest_Shrubsole_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2006 - 03:45 PM

The staff on this forum happen to be some of the best moderators I have met, I am a member of many forums and this is the best kept that I know of. BigG is simply looking out for your safety and the safety of others.

My safety is never put on the line and as this "Crowd" only exists in BigG's mind, their safety doesn't exist as they don't exist.

Anyone fancy debating using REALITY as opposed to someone's stupidity?

Little bullies everywhere and always their little lynch mobs trying to protect and suck up even at the expense of any factual reality.

The person you have met may indeed be the finest bloke on the planet bar none. That doesn't make him a good moderator. Ranting on at people for something that doesn't exist IS NOT good moderation - It's stupidity! (Sorry, but that's a FACT!)

You put up with it if you so choose, but don't imagine that I will.

Over moderation IS just as bad as under moderation and unfactual personal rants and treating people like little kids whilst totally failing to ask a single question beforehand, is as I have said; Pure stupidity and something (when it is aimed at me) I will not be putting up with.

You live in cloud-cuckoo land if you wish, but I won't be joining you there.

:)

When I read this thread I thought BigG's reply was a bit strange considering what Shrubsole wrote. The basis of his reply was built on loads of assumptions that I didn't think were right...

So I am not surprised about the guy replying in an angry way, most of us probably would if we got accused of doing stuff like that.

Just my 2p's worth from someone who knows neither of you (unbiased!).

I agree!

I'm not angry as such, just someone who has seen these sorts of bizarre moderators and never have put up with the rubbish that they (as someone has given them a badge) think that they have some sort of right to dish out.

Power corrupts! (It even supersedes any form of factual reality)

#10 Guest_Shrubsole_*

Guest_Shrubsole_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:54 PM

After a PM also having a go at me form a certain "Special member" (Name with-held as it was a PM and I for one have the decency to keep that private as they wished) and fully explaining it to them, they answered:

"Apologies, but I can't be bothered to either read your reply, or get into a childish s**t-slinging match with you. Any further replies will not make it into my PM folder."

What a shame as the message I sent explained it all - WHAT AROGANCE!

and it went on to say:

"If you don't want any more of these 'lectures' from the mods, you might want to take a look at a forum such as the APCforum.net"

No it's simple: I won't put up with anymore lectures from the mods that they won't and don't apply to everyone.

But you would have found that out had you had the common decency to actually read what I PMed you! :rolleyes:

Was it just a case that you didn't have a leg to stand on as with your bully buddies at the top you are completely in the wrong?

What a sad state of affairs. And also how typical of a small group that sets up something that the corruption and power struggle of the under leaders gets taken out on the members. Please don't include me in your little ego trips to ingratiate yourself with the top people of the UKPS.

You also didn't explain to me if your comment on me joining the UKPS was a threat or not?

What I've learnt:

1. Unless you hold a Cat 4 licence you MUST NOT:

Post on any "Making tubes" thread
Post on any "Making your own Ball Mill" thread
Post on any "Experiences about your fountains, Rockets, Roman Candles, or offer any advice

In fact ANYTHING at all as because you don't hold a licence, you don't do it or you must pretend you don't do it.

OH WAIT! YES YOU CAN! - Because BigG will only pick on me and not you! (That's seems fair! post away!) :rolleyes:

Or are the MODs going to check the licences of the 1000s of posters here and remove all of the 1000s of posts that are about the posters illegal activities? - If not, why not?

No! I won't put up with a little bully who goes around only applying rules to some and not practice what he is ranting on at me about.

Seems like any society, a little bit of power has gone to some people's heads.

BACK OFF - I'm the wrong one to pick on as I never have and never will put up with bullies!

The bottom line being that if anyone is picking on any and not applying what they are going on about to ALL that is a bully and a very be moderator.

...But then you could have found all that out had you had the decency to read my PM! :rolleyes:

...and what does it say about you lot at the "top" (laughable) who dish out rubbish, don't apply what you preach fairly to everyone and then say that you are refusing to read PMs? :rolleyes:

I'm in great danger of running out of "Rolleyes" on this post! :rolleyes:

#11 ProfHawking

ProfHawking

3... 2... 1... Umm

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 09:24 PM

seriously dude, take a breather.
I dont know the ins and outs of whats been said, but it sounds like you are ranting a bit too much, and being rather hypocrytical.

I had some dissagreements with the way things are modded when i first joined, not quite to your exent, but I learnt pretty quickly that the mods are only trying to keep things organised and safe.

Please try to understand that the mods here really do work very hard to keep the forum under control for the good of the users, not for themselves. They are not out to spite you or anyone else in particular, and have done so much for the community here that they really deserve respect.

I would suggest that you talk to the mod(s) decently by PMs, and try to fix any missunderstandings, rather than just list grievances on the board.
BigG is a decent guy and im sure he will listen if you explain things. The same goes for the other admins im sure.

#12 Guest_Shrubsole_*

Guest_Shrubsole_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:13 PM

seriously dude, take a breather.
I dont know the ins and outs of whats been said, but it sounds like you are ranting a bit too much, and being rather hypocrytical.

I had some dissagreements with the way things are modded when i first joined, not quite to your exent, but I learnt pretty quickly that the mods are only trying to keep things organised and safe.

Please try to understand that the mods here really do work very hard to keep the forum under control for the good of the users, not for themselves. They are not out to spite you or anyone else in particular, and have done so much for the community here that they really deserve respect.

I would suggest that you talk to the mod(s) decently by PMs, and try to fix any missunderstandings, rather than just list grievances on the board.
BigG is a decent guy and im sure he will listen if you explain things. The same goes for the other admins im sure.

Hi,

Just a few points:

"seriously dude, take a breather.
I dont know the ins and outs of whats been said, but it sounds like you are ranting a bit too much, and being rather hypocrytical."

So basically with you not knowing the ins and outs you have decided that I'm in some way in the wrong. :rolleyes:

"I had some dissagreements with the way things are modded when i first joined, not quite to your exent, but I learnt pretty quickly that the mods are only trying to keep things organised and safe."

No, what they are doing is picking one one person and not applying what they are spouting about to everyone - You put up with that kind of moronic moderation if you so wish, but I won't be!
What's with this safety rubbish? I have not suggested anything that is in the slightest, "Unsafe" to me OR others.

"Please try to understand that the mods here really do work very hard to keep the forum under control for the good of the users, not for themselves. They are not out to spite you or anyone else in particular, and have done so much for the community here that they really deserve respect."

By attacking one person for doing what? Boy! you all talk in riddles! What is it that I have done then?
BigG has a MADE UP, IMAGINED bee in his bonnet and attacks me for something that he has dreamt up.

RESPECT IS DESERVED - You don't get it by acting in the disgusting manner he has. It's also a two way thing: You worship from a far if you wish, but he won't get my respect by going around, making up things and attacking people.

"I would suggest that you talk to the mod(s) decently by PMs, and try to fix any missunderstandings, rather than just list grievances on the board.
BigG is a decent guy and im sure he will listen if you explain things. The same goes for the other admins im sure."

WHAT? - The bloke has publicly turned up on this very thread and went off on one like he was drunk! (If that was the case, at least it would make some vague sense!)
He could have PMed me in the first place with a decent QUESTION if you think that is the way to do things, but no!

I don't elect anyone a God and don't go around worshiping anyone. This is a SOCIETY NOT a dictatorship!

And STILL no evidence of what I did that was so wrong and that 90% of posters here are doing and so why only I have been publicly talked down to and reprimanded.

And for what reason does that attacked any "respect?"

#13 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:21 PM

You are right Shrubsole. It was a piece of bad moderation. You see, there was a post after your post that very clearly stated what the specific member is planning to do. I usually write my replay in Microsoft word because my spelling is rubbish and I need a speller.

By the time I come back to the thread the post was gone, and I failed to notice it, copying the name of the member of the last post available (yourself) without noticing it?s not the post I intended to answer to (which is a piece of bad moderation).

None the less, the very brutal attack that followed (and I appreciate that you were angry with my post), suggest you think I am a rubbish moderator in general, and pick on certain members rather then others.

Let me assure you that I have absolutely no sentiments to anyone when it comes to moderation, and that I FULLY read and reply to any PM sent to me. Please don?t compare me to members who don?t. I also take advise from members if I consider their point as just. If you feel that I unfairly moderate the forums, please feel free to PM me when any examples and suggestions and I?ll be glad to follow.

BigG

Edited by BigG, 18 October 2006 - 10:38 PM.

#14 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:18 PM

After a PM also having a go at me form a certain "Special member" (Name with-held as it was a PM and I for one have the decency to keep that private as they wished)

When did I ask you to keep my PM private :lol:

By the way, I'm only classed as a 'special member' because of my post count - nothing else. I'm not a member of the society, and in no way consider myself to be amongst the people 'at the top'.

I just wanted to clear that up. I sincerely apologise if I offended you by ignoring your PM - I simply didn't want to get into an argument with you. I'm also very sorry to see this get so out of hand, but I can assure you that there is no culture of bullying here, and while human nature assures mistakes will always be made from time to time, the moderating team do a damn fine job.

EDIT: good point Fishy - I really have no idea... I always assumed it was linked to post count! !Doh.

Edited by Creepin_pyro, 19 October 2006 - 12:01 AM.

#15 fishy1

fishy1

Name

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:30 PM

By the way, I'm only classed as a 'special member' because of my post count - nothing else. I'm not a member of the society, and in no way consider myself to be amongst the people 'at the top'.

If you get "special member" status for post count alone, why are sizzle, who has the same number of posts as you, and me, who has more posts than you, both not "special members"? That's not a hint, honestly.

?69.95 sounds a fair bit for what could be a lot of paper tubes and packaging. I also personally enjoy lighting off more than one firework, rather than just lighting one thing and sitting back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users