The "Ultimate" Fireworks display?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_Shrubsole_*

Guest_Shrubsole_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:37 AM

When did I ask you to keep my PM private :lol:

The clue was you sent me a PRIVATE message or else if you wanted it made public you would have posted on here. :P

Anyway, it's late and I'm just sitting here waiting for the next episode of LOST to come on line at about 4am...

So, shall we all just do the manly hugging bit and put it behind us? :D

Anyway, I know I started this thread, but what was the subject again? :blink: :wacko: :D

#17 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:22 AM

Special members status is not linked to post count alone, and it is a form of a privilege.

In general, special members group was originally created to allow members - which in the administrators/moderators opinion advanced and safe enough - to be ?less moderated?. Those are allowed access to one thread that we don?t look at as much as others.

In practice, this ?privilege? has not been actively used for some time, and probably quite a few members that should be ?special members? are not. Somewhere on our agenda is to review the whole policy and decide how we proceed with those categories ? but to be honest ? it?s not currently very high on the agenda. Each of us is doing his job in the UKPS voluntarily in our own free time, and the little free time we have means few things take priorities over others.

BigG

P.S.

If there are no objections, I will kill this thread in a week?s time ? and if someone wants to start the thread over under a similar name, that?s fine by me.

Edited by BigG, 19 October 2006 - 08:23 AM.

#18 EnigmaticBiker

EnigmaticBiker

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:00 AM

Special members status is not linked to post count alone, and it is a form of a privilege.

In general, special members group was originally created to allow members - which in the administrators/moderators opinion advanced and safe enough - to be ?less moderated?. Those are allowed access to one thread that we don?t look at as much as others.

Ah-hah, so thats what it means! :)

You've spoiled all my bizarre conspiracy theories about "Special Members" now. :(

Edited by EnigmaticBiker, 19 October 2006 - 10:01 AM.

#19 Guest_Shrubsole_*

Guest_Shrubsole_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2006 - 12:54 PM

In practice, this ?privilege? has not been actively used for some time, and probably quite a few members that should be ?special members? are not. Somewhere on our agenda is to review the whole policy and decide how we proceed with those categories ? but to be honest ? it?s not currently very high on the agenda. Each of us is doing his job in the UKPS voluntarily in our own free time, and the little free time we have means few things take priorities over others.

BigG

P.S.

If there are no objections, I will kill this thread in a week?s time ? and if someone wants to start the thread over under a similar name, that?s fine by me.

Personally, I have never, ever seen a "Buddies of the moderators system" (or whatever euphemism it gets called) do any good apart from cause a political mess that is not in anyway needed or wanted on any forum I have been on. They normally end in the "privileged" group forming a dictatorship with in fighting amongst themselves in their little power struggles and taking out their ego trips on the "Underprivileged".

Privileged status - secret sections - people we can "trust" (...and who decides? Yes, the very people who has elected themselves as above everyone else in the first place.) = All very 1984! (That was 22 years ago: let's move onward and away from that sort of thing that has never worked anywhere else either.)

I have no objections in this thread being killed in a weeks time as it has now turn into a political thread and nothing much about Pyro.

:)

Ah-hah, so thats what it means! :)

You've spoiled all my bizarre conspiracy theories about "Special Members" now. :(

I can think of some adult jokes about "Special members", but that's entirely inappropriate here! :D

#20 EnigmaticBiker

EnigmaticBiker

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:02 PM

I can think of some adult jokes about "Special members", but that's entirely inappropriate here! :D

:blush: I thought I'd managed to keep that a secret. :P

#21 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:19 PM

Do forgive me, but what the hell are you talking about?

I made a mistake, I said so publicly, end of story.

What is this ?privileged group? nonsense? What are exactly the benefits we get from doing this? Speaking for myself - I spend hours and hours from my personal time and my personal money for no pay, no gratitude, and lots of flack. I travel up and down the country to meet members and talk with business and authorities very passionately of having legal grounds for us to enjoy. I spend hours and hours planning, charting, discussing, meeting and executing ideas. What exactly are my privileges? I?m allowed to erase a post or tell someone off?

I do try not to take things to my heart, but you just really having a go at it. Except complaining, have you done anything for the hobby in this country?

This is not just another forum. Please point me to other forums who have created a company so they can try to help some of the things that the forum posters dream become a reality. And as for ?elected themselves? ? we hold elections every two years. You are welcome to attend.

#22 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:41 PM

Shrubsole, are you doing your level best to piss us all off? I don't think you understand the amount of work people like BigG puts into this. If you don't like the way we try to keep our forums free of all the s**t, or the way we run the society, then you clearly do not belong here.

Sometimes I really don't know why we bother, thankfully we have a growing membership base who are 100% behind us. If you want to enact change why don't you stop winging and put your money where your mouth is and join us. Either that or kindly find another forum to vent your incessant rantings on.

#23 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:33 PM

Shrubsole, are you doing your level best to piss us all off? I don't think you understand the amount of work people like BigG puts into this. If you don't like the way we try to keep our forums free of all the s**t, or the way we run the society, then you clearly do not belong here.

Sometimes I really don't know why we bother, thankfully we have a growing membership base who are 100% behind us. If you want to enact change why don't you stop winging and put your money where your mouth is and join us. Either that or kindly find another forum to vent your incessant rantings on.

Thankyou Mr. H for saying what is on all of our minds.
Category 4 Trained to BPA Level 1 Equivalent.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users