• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#61 jindivik

jindivik

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:49 PM

not launched that one yet mate, ill see if she will let me tonight & post back with the results

#62 W.P

W.P

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:17 PM

I've taken apart the 100 shot candle, it is basically ten 6mm candles with fuses tied together at the top; there is a central tube which is about 1/2" which is empty. I've only lit off 2 individual candles and I can say that they worked quite well, seeing all 10 together would be quite good- expecially for a cheap box as the Firepack.

I wanted to buy 2 boxes of the Firepack but only brought along a spare tenner that day, can't just buy fireworks and no weekly shopping.

#63 Dec

Dec

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:29 PM

I've taken apart the 100 shot candle, it is basically ten 6mm candles with fuses tied together at the top; there is a central tube which is about 1/2" which is empty. I've only lit off 2 individual candles and I can say that they worked quite well, seeing all 10 together would be quite good- expecially for a cheap box as the Firepack.

I wanted to buy 2 boxes of the Firepack but only brought along a spare tenner that day, can't just buy fireworks and no weekly shopping.

why not? :D

#64 jindivik

jindivik

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:59 PM

all 6 do work well together, i just let mine go!

the first couple of stars hit the ground but the rest got some good height, really quick too! unfortunately couldnt get a video but im tempted to get another firepack before the big night

Edited by jindivik, 21 October 2007 - 09:00 PM.

#65 RangerOfFire

RangerOfFire

Snap, crackle, pop

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:07 PM

OK thanks for that... sounds fun. Bet the neighbours were happy that they had fireworks already :P

David: unfortunately it is too far for me to go and a couple of other reasons.
>> Status: General Testing

#66 W.P

W.P

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:30 PM

the first couple of stars hit the ground but the rest got some good height, really quick too

All of the stars worked fine for me.

Bet the neighbours were happy that they had fireworks already

I think they were more happy when one of those incredibly thick tubes from Pyromaster2003 decided to CATO.

#67 djsansom

djsansom

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:03 PM

Hi everyone im a newbie........ this is my first post! I was wondering if any of you pyro`s have had experience with any of the selections offered from (absolute fireworks) ???
i have ordered the big party bag and the triple xl to supplement the sapphire box from kimbolton which i got from e-fireworks.co.uk ...for only £35 bargain i think .......thoughts anyone?

#68 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 07:53 AM

Let us know what you thought of the Kimbolton box! They have a good reputation.

I've never seen anywhere that sells Absolute.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#69 djsansom

djsansom

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 10:29 AM

Let us know what you thought of the Kimbolton box! They have a good reputation.

I've never seen anywhere that sells Absolute.

yes for sure i will let you know what i thought of kimboltobn and absolute ! you say that you have never seen anywhere that sell absolute,
(e-fireworks.co.uk) sell them! big party bag was £49.99 contains 8 larger fireworks and weighs 11kg i cant see the cardboard weighing much unless they have lined the bottom`s with lead, ha, seems like a lot of powder for the money. have you ever heard of absolute or are they a new brand etc? and what about the price for kimbolton sapphire box i paid £35 genuine bargain? i think so! or am i just another customer suffering from escalated rrp syndrome? most places i have come across charge up to double that price though.

#70 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:11 AM

£34 for the Sapphire box is pretty good, should be enough to keep you busy! Price-wise, Kmbolton are quite an honest brand- IE the price will reflect the quality.

You mentioned Absolute stuff that weights 11KG- the Net Explosive Content is usually about a fifth of total weight- so at over 2KG NEC thats not bad for £50.

I really don't know much about Absolute- anyone else any experience?

Edited by David, 24 October 2007 - 11:12 AM.

#71 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 12:56 AM

Has anyone bought any selection boxes from Men Shun, Black Cat, Cosmic, Star Burst etc? IE the stuff you are likely to see in fireworks shops. If so -share your thoughts!

#72 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 10:59 AM

If that 11kg is cakes, much of the weight is probably clay.
Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

#73 pmhcfc

pmhcfc

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 02:19 PM

Has anyone bought any selection boxes from Men Shun, Black Cat, Cosmic, Star Burst etc? IE the stuff you are likely to see in fireworks shops. If so -share your thoughts!

I see that Homebase are selling Men Shun this year- They have one selection box in there that I've already purchased. The 'After Shock' selection box is on sale for £99.99. It looks to have some half decent fireworks in it, although it's annoying that they double-up on on 'Nighthawk' and 'Exterminator' .. I wouldn't pay £99.99 for it myself, but then again I would say that after getting it free with all the other fireworks I'd bought.

As for Homebase selling 'Kit Boxes'...Their kit box 5 has 23 bigger fireworks (well I'd say 1/2 of them are bigger fireworks), but they double up on 4 of those and it'd set you back a cool £975.00! Incidentely, £975.00 is about what I've spent this year and I feel my stash is 3 times better than 'KIt Box5'. I guess it goes to show that it is worth going to a proper firework shop/s.

Edited by pmhcfc, 26 October 2007 - 02:27 PM.

#74 djsansom

djsansom

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:16 PM

If that 11kg is cakes, much of the weight is probably clay.

yes cake`s mostly.! clay! why the clay? he ask`s puzzled !

#75 RangerOfFire

RangerOfFire

Snap, crackle, pop

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:22 PM

Because clay is used to plug the end of the tubes. In fountains you have a handful of tubes so the amount of composition is high compared to the amount of clay, the tubes will be filled to the top.

In a cake there are a lot of tubes, each one is plugged at the end with clay, like a fountain, but the tubes are only half full so the ratio of clay to composition is much higher.

Or at least I hope that's it, I do talk a lot of bullsh*t sometimes.
>> Status: General Testing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users