128 replies to this topic

#76 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:46 AM

I personally believe that both fountains and cakes are over-clayed. For instance ever took apart some fountains and saw that they had a large block of clay that say consumed 1/2 the tube while the composition only consumed 1/4? the only advantage to these types of fireworks is that you can some times (if in good quality) save the tubes and clay for your own especially the empty tubes they use for dressing.
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#77 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 10:05 AM

RangerOfFire is perfectly right in his description as to why cakes have a high weight ratio of clay. In fact, they probably have the highest weight ratio of clay of all firework types. But many of them are still pretty damned good, so enjoy your display.

Edited by Mortartube, 27 October 2007 - 10:05 AM.

Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

#78 Gigantic Crab!!!

Gigantic Crab!!!

Gigantic Crab!!!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 10:16 AM

I've never seen anywhere that sells Absolute.

Firework Crazy

Run by a nice chap called Mark. Website contains videos of the fireworks.
Also sells Panda and Brothers stuff.

ps, all that was said by Gigantic Crab!!!

#79 Asteroid

Asteroid

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:59 PM

I'm suprised no-one has mentioned SP fireworks. They seem to have some very good deals, and had I not just ordered from fireworks international I probably would have ordered from them. One criticism is that there are almost no details of what's in their display packs, they seem good value though

#80 Asteroid

Asteroid

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:17 PM

The 2 packs I ordered from fireworks international arrived today, the Party pack and the Chinese barrage no1. It seems very well packed and most of the fireworks are a good weight but The 2 cone fountains both have 40mm of open space at the bottom. 2 of the larger fountains are quite dressed up, with about 1/2 the diamter being comprised of air. The largest fountain is very dressed up with four tubes at about 20mm and the rest of the 100mm device being air and some clay. 2 of the roman candles also feel very light but I haven't checked inside, however I suspect a similar ruse. It seems as though they have tried to hide the window dressing, which is a shame, and they certainly can't claim "stability" as the gaps in the conical fountains are at the bottom. Still, I am overall very pleased and can't wait to fire them.
[photos removed - showed empty space]

Edited by Asteroid, 13 January 2011 - 09:26 PM.

#81 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 12:04 PM

Here's ours:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#82 MiniChris

MiniChris

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 05:58 PM

Thats an imressive collection, care to list what you have? Thanks

#83 RangerOfFire

RangerOfFire

Snap, crackle, pop

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 07:29 PM

Looks to me like 3 packs from Epic Fireworks: Guido's Party Pack, Majestic Platinum Box and the other one I'm not sure so I'll guess its the Bright Star Imperial Selection Box.

The 2 Benstar cakes are from Lidl.
>> Status: General Testing

#84 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:31 PM

WoW that must have come to £1k or so. VERY IMPRESSIVE!!! though i could never picture myself buying that many fireworks :) to see all my money go in seconds.
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#85 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:38 PM

Looks to me like 3 packs from Epic Fireworks: Guido's Party Pack, Majestic Platinum Box and the other one I'm not sure so I'll guess its the Bright Star Imperial Selection Box.

The 2 Benstar cakes are from Lidl.

Yep that's bassicaly it except the box isn't Brightstar, it was bought for me by a friend and is 'Streetwise fireworks' or something.

The Cube box was absolutely awesome. Siimply stunning. Wowed all the visitors, the cakes were immense.

Edited by Prestonboi, 05 November 2007 - 10:39 PM.

#86 MiniChris

MiniChris

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:08 PM

Sounds good, the cube box will be on my list for next year deffinatly. Assuming its not toned down too much with the new regs :(

#87 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:25 PM

Sounds good, the cube box will be on my list for next year deffinatly. Assuming its not toned down too much with the new regs :(

I hope so to. There were lots of bangs, it was just the range of effects in the cakes were just mindblowing, spinning whistles with silver comets to huge spiders and crackle, crackling to spinners, whistles and star bursts and the colours on each burst. wow. Best fireworks we have ever had, you could tell before hand though, every cake in the box was a weight.

One thing i have to mention though...the Mine in the Cube box..WOAH! It started with a piercingly loud screeching whistle, to a fountain then exploded throwing loud bangs into the sky and then they burst with a ginormous crackling effect, all the guests were screaming and shouting wow, even the next door neighbour came out shouting 'what the bloody hell was that!' lol.

I think we outdid the houses around us easily, it took about three hours to get through everything. All the guests went home happy and everyone had a great night. That is what Bonfire Night is all about, people who say fireworks should be banned: SCREW YOU!!

Here is a pic of the Cube box for anyone interested, it was called 'World Cube' and came with the Guido's party pack from Epic:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Prestonboi, 06 November 2007 - 12:26 PM.

#88 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:58 PM

I think the world box might be an end-of-line item. The discount Epic did was massive, and with the rockets too thats a very good deal indeed. But from what I've heard, they won't be making that box any more.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#89 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:26 PM

I think the world box might be an end-of-line item. The discount Epic did was massive, and with the rockets too thats a very good deal indeed. But from what I've heard, they won't be making that box any more.

It was a great deal, it's a shame about the Cube box though it was awesome for a garden display.

#90 MiniChris

MiniChris

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:29 PM

The cube factory is close to me, wonder if they will have any left overs they need to sell off ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users