37 replies to this topic

#16 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:32 PM

Getting a private venue for playing in is the tricky part, get that sorted and there will be no shortage of pyro-nuts willing to come bearing gifts.

Icarus has some private space (a field)- If you did want to join us you are very welcome!
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#17 Gigantic Crab!!!

Gigantic Crab!!!

Gigantic Crab!!!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:41 PM

Leicestershire isn't too far from me, as long as I wasn't working I could pop along with some toys.

I have attended events organised through UKFR which have been fun. As soon as someone advertises a field going spare it normally snowballs into a massive event. If drumming up enough interest is a problem, give that lot a nod.;)

#18 icarus

icarus

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:52 AM

i can supply field +, a bonfire to make winter night possible jacket spuds etc if anyone has a gas barbie and or a gazebo for shelter + a few fold up camp chairs we could have a great "private members family and friends party " social event
protodezine@gmail.com

#19 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 02:13 PM

I have attended events organised through UKFR which have been fun.

Yeah , I was thinking along similar lines, for people from ths forum- I know some people here also post on the UKFR too- all are welcome- spread the word, get people to join this forum too! It does seem to make sense that people are already familar with each other by their login-names.

#20 YT2095

YT2095

The Resourceful One.

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 02:39 PM

I`ll have a chat to the Other committee members (I don`t think there will be a problem) about Cat 4 training at my site also.

I know some here are familiar with it already and being Central UK may be ideal for all as well.
"In a world full of wonders mankind has managed to invent boredom" - Death

#21 icarus

icarus

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:40 AM

tipton was brill location parking and public access is better than my location but one problem -- me!! my main interest is making rockets , stars ,jumping jacks , stingers etc all my pyro is kept well away from public i,ll definately support a social event and attend yto295 did a great job of nov5th but most people following the cat 4 / display path have to avoid my side of the hobby in case it spoils their chance of becoming display organiser . so its time for arthur b or david to volunteer to sort out the cat 4/ training side and i will exchange tech info with any constructors --- are there any rocket makers or pyro makers out there to join our social?????? large communal ball mill and bulk buying springs to mind
protodezine@gmail.com

#22 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 01:24 AM

tipton was brill location parking and public access is better than my location but one problem -- me!! my main interest is making rockets , stars ,jumping jacks , stingers etc all my pyro is kept well away from public

Fair enough! If you want to plan an event that is forum members only I am happy to help!

david to volunteer to sort out the cat 4/ training side

My contribution will be shop bought Cat 3 stuff- I'm not a Cat 4 man!

We can have a good meet up with Cat 3 and homemade stuff! :) I'm happiest to do that, to be honest.

#23 icarus

icarus

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:41 PM

members, families,guests, cat 3 ,home made,rockets,food/bonfire, all mix nicely only thing you cant add is passing random members of public or public location a rocket cato for example should be entertaining not an increased risk in any way so perhaps we could have a members ,families and guests event in a private location .Also later when the weather warms up how about a pyro and family holiday weekend camping and cottage accomodation snettisham beach norfolk near kings lynn i,m happy to host events in either location
protodezine@gmail.com

#24 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 02:09 PM

only thing you cant add is passing random members of public

Good point. Probably the best private location would be a very large back garden, or a field away from houses. Personally, lack of such space is my eternal problem.

I know a few people with such space, but I don't know them well enought to just turn up with a load of fireworks.

#25 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 07:07 PM

I did once have a venue and shooting ground in LE8 arranged for a cat4 training session, and a cat4 firing session This can be restarted if there are ten people interested enough to put money on it. There is another site local to that where we could put on a members' show with cat1 - 4 and home built. Sadly there are NO facilities on either site, except the space to shoot fireworks!
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#26 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 08:58 PM

Sadly there are NO facilities on either site, except the space to shoot fireworks!

For me at least, thats not a problem! Just bring a flask or similar, and maybe stop for a takeaway before, after or during if you are peckish.

cat4 training session, and a cat4 firing session This can be restarted if there are ten people interested enough to put money on it.

Personnally, this isn't for me. I've never been particularly interested in doing the Cat 4 course, or using Cat 4 stuff.

#27 icarus

icarus

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 09:32 PM

private venue no prob we have a long narrow 2 acre field starts end of our garden about 200m long im very happy for anyone to fire off pyro from it this weather a bonfire is called for as well thats why i offered to host a meeting its a bit wet and muddy today but if dry or frozen is perfect will pm you a postcode so you can see it on google map/sattelite all members / guests/ family welcome hence other earlier question can anyone bring camp chairs or gazebo with them camping possible but people would prob freeze to death this weather unless u have motor camper /caravan
protodezine@gmail.com

#28 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:03 PM

Icarus- that all sounds good! Do you want to suggest a date, and I can get buying some fireworks!

#29 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 05:04 PM

I'll bring my entrire collection- whats left of it! It would be good to get some stuff fired off- I have a lot of stuff that whistles, I can't use that in my garden at home, and for some reason I never take it to my displays so it tends to accumulate!

#30 icarus

icarus

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:30 PM

any times good for me do people preferr weekend ie saturday or week evening the more people who can make it the better saturday gives us chance to build bonfire and set up before dark heres hoping for more postings of people to come
protodezine@gmail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users