58 replies to this topic

#46 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 09:32 PM

You can own a .177 or 2.2 air rifle upto the power of 12 foot pound without a licence. If you want to own a shot gun or a 2.2 rifle that uses live ammuniton, then you need to show that you have an area to fire it (doesnt have to be your land, just permission of the owner), a reason (you can use fun, I think), show that you have sutable storage and you must not have a criminal record. The best thing to do would be to find a local shooting club as they will give you the beef on the current situation with gun laws in this country (You are in the UK arnt you?).

BTW The highest calibar you could fire will probebly be a 2.2 live. Civilians are not allowed to own anything higher but you never know, you might find someone who has a licence for one. Hell, I know of someone who has a sniper rifle (thats no joke) fully licenced. He was in the army as a sniper.

Stuart

#47 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 09:41 PM

You can fire bigger calibers such as 5.56, 7.62, 7.92 etc etc (even .50 if you can afford it), but not on semi auto. Manual pull only. First they banned handguns, then semi-auto, what next...?!

Oh yeah, you also have to be over 21, and have a FAC (Firearms Certificate) and a good reason etc etc.
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#48 OxCid

OxCid

May Cause Fire

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 01:36 PM

ok thanks for the info, il see what i can find out about the range my neigbour go's to. BTW this neigbout has been shooting for about 25 years and im prety sure he has some pre-ban weapons, such as a full-auto .22 and a magnum ;)

#49 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 08:49 PM

Well if he has, then he's in a lot of trouble! Unless he has a section 5 license, which I would doubt if he is only a casual shooter and not a dealer or manufacturer.

#50 OxCid

OxCid

May Cause Fire

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 02:57 PM

well as long as you don't say anything theres no problem, is there. i doubt he has much ammo for either anyway.(he's not a terrorist or anything)

#51 Guest_skinhead_88_*

Guest_skinhead_88_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2003 - 08:45 PM

i hate these uk laws. the only people who cant get weapons are the ones who would use em legally...
anyone have any info about:
making primers
homemade machine tools.. eg milling machine
making cartridge casings
???

#52 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 07:46 PM

Making primers - too dangerous plus you can buy them anyway.

Anyway if you want to make ammunition without a license then we don't want anything to do with it; that is out of the realms of fireworks and general pyro.

#53 Guest_skinhead_88_*

Guest_skinhead_88_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2003 - 08:55 PM

i was thinking of a mortar to fire aerial salutes using a self contained proppelant cartridge... the fact that you could make ammunition is just a bonus
i thought you needed some sort of permit for the primers + proppelant?

#54 bernie

bernie

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 11:16 PM

I'm gonna take a guess and say that skinhead88 is the reason that Gor is jumpin'. Not much of a trade off in my opinion. One numbskull for an educated and enthusiastic pyro lover.

Thought of a thousand appropriate things to say to the racist but it ain't worth the trouble. There is much satisfaction in knowing that such an individual will suffer a fate fashioned by no one but himself. Grow up you puke!

#55 Robbie414

Robbie414

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 12:02 PM

I have removed my post as Skinhead has now been dealt with and I don't like having negative posts on the forum.

;-) big!

Robbie

Edited by Robbie414, 25 September 2003 - 08:20 AM.

#56 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 02:16 PM

Today I have recieved several complaints regarding skinhead_88 and his comments on the forum. There is no place for racism or illegal firearms on this forum, or indeed in a tolerant society. Consequently skinhead_88's account has been banned permanently.

Let this serve as a lesson to any other members who have criminal intentions or extremist views towards other races and cultures. Simply put we do not want you here.

If anyone has any further comments regarding this matter would you please contact me directly and not reply to this thread.

Thank-you.

#57 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 08:04 PM

Byeeee Skinhead...Ya Pri*k

#58 Gor

Gor

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 07:29 PM

Thanks guys,

I have recieved loads of u2u's and i am REALLY GLAD you feel the same way.

So I guess you are stuck with me for a while longer.

Gor

#59 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 09:32 PM

Welcome back!

Please remember if anything like this or other offences happen, please let a member of the team know incase we dont spot it straight away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users