58 replies to this topic

#16 Toby_129

Toby_129

Toby

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 04:19 PM

A company called Ribbands Explosives used to stock military signaling and screening grenades, they may be able to help you.

http://www.ribbands.co.uk/

#17 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 08:17 PM

No, they wont. They were sold out a long time ago. I dont know why they have the advertisement for them on anymore, as they arent easy to come by.
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#18 Dr Oizo

Dr Oizo

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 12:02 PM

just wondering how you guys got into airsoft, i really fancy giving it a go. did you join a club, i wudnt have though you could just do it anywhere.

How old are you first? you don't need to get into a club (there aren't any only teams). find a skirmissh site near you
http://www.airsoftmap.co.uk/
and go and rent a gun and have a go. also go to this site and you will be able to find loads of information on the forums
www.ukan.net

#19 Pyromaster2003

Pyromaster2003

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 17 August 2003 - 10:26 AM

from the pictures i just looked at on that link, it looks like paintballing. could someone fill me in on exactly what airsoft is?i bloody love paintballing :-)

#20 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 17 August 2003 - 02:28 PM

Airsoft is the same as paintballing but uses BB guns instead, powerful BB guns. You get by one even under a couple of layers of clothing and it will leave a nice lump

Stuart

#21 Pyromaster2003

Pyromaster2003

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 17 August 2003 - 02:38 PM

niice:)how do you know when i guy gets hit though if its only BB's?ye iv had a few nasty cuts and bruzes from paint balling, i love it especialy when people start buying smoke screens and flash bangs, make it feel more real.im guessing you have to be over 18 to play airsoft?

#22 bernie

bernie

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 17 August 2003 - 07:41 PM

Let me get this right....you fellas run around and shoot each other with BB guns?

#23 Dr Oizo

Dr Oizo

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 August 2003 - 09:04 PM

Ok to straighten things up please go to Ukan.net. Airsofting (as we like to call it) involves Airsoft guns that can shoot up to 500Fps (feet per second) and originates from Japan. The guns fire O.2gram 6mm BB's and can range from single shot Springers to fully automatic Vulcan cannons. Unlike P**ntballing the BB's do not really hurt and we work on an honour system to see who has been shot. Airsoft is very realistic and pyrotechnics take a very big part in skirmishes (Airsoft games). The limits for guns in Skirmishes are usulally 350FPS for automatic guns and 400FPS for semi Autos. Most guns are made out of ABS or metal and cost about 200 pounds Plus. The guns we use in Skirmishes run off Ni-CD batteries but we have secondary weapons that run off Gas (usually pistols). Anyway airsofting is very cool and very fun but it might not to be to every ones liking! If you have any questions just ask :). If you want to see what Airsofting is about go to your nearest airsoft site WWW.airsoftmap.co.uk with about 30 pounds.
Cheers guys.

Oh yea you have to be 12 to play airsoft but 16 to buy a gun. (usually)

Ok another thing it's not like paintballing. The games are very different and alot more realistic. P**ntballing isn't tactical (as much as airsoft) and the games usually involve flag catching where as airsoft involves assualt and defending, aswell as hostage and other scenarios.

Edited by Dr Oizo, 17 August 2003 - 09:10 PM.

#24 Pyromaster2003

Pyromaster2003

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 17 August 2003 - 10:44 PM

sounds briliant i mite try ive it a go some time. i like the fact that paint balls hurt thought, it makes you a lot more alert and gives a massive adrenalne rush when you make a run knowing you make get shot up the ass with a marble like plastic ball, ouch

#25 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 17 August 2003 - 11:08 PM

...gives a massive adrenalne rush when you make a run knowing you make get shot up the ass with a marble like plastic ball, ouch

What ever floats your boat dude :D

#26 Pyromaster2003

Pyromaster2003

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 10:10 AM

theres allllllways one :rolleyes:

quick someone agree with me, its a good fealing when you make a big run and your soo scared ya guna get shot and hurt but ya dont and you make it;)

#27 Rhodri

Rhodri

One of the gang!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 10:47 AM

".....and sleep!".....as he clicks his fingers.
Making light, sound and good conversation.

#28 Dr Oizo

Dr Oizo

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 10:47 AM

They do hurt :) tell me they dont when you get shot at close range by a 500FPS gas mauzer rifle. As I said go to Ukan

#29 Pyromaster2003

Pyromaster2003

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 11:32 AM

great il deffinatly be trying this out:)

#30 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 10:29 PM

Got myself a Glock 18C with 50rd mag on the way from good ol HK (thats the one in T3 in the crypt scene - the pistol with the long mag that fires on full auto). What kit you got Ozio?
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users