26 replies to this topic

#16 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:02 PM

No, its [Visco] T1 i believe. thats what it says on the packaging from the manufacturer.

and yet, there are quite some people who were successful at selling hundreds of meters of visco on ebay-germany and ebay-switzerland.

I'm not sure what you mean by " T1 " .

But I can say for sure that fuse isn't classed as a Category 1 indoor firework in the UK.

Cateogry 1 only refers to fully constructed items, anyway, and as such fuse obviously isn't in that cateogry.

I think this may well just be due to some confusion over exact terms.

Also, to be honest, this probably isn't the right board to be discussing visco on, because visco isn't a consumer firework , just like sugar isn't a cake.

Edited by David, 06 March 2008 - 06:16 PM.

OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#17 johnd451

johnd451

Certificated Distributor

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:07 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by " T1 " .

But I can say for sure that fuse isn't classed as a Category 1 indoor firework in the UK.

Cateogry 1 only refers to fully constructed items, anyway, and as such fuse obviously isn't in that cateogry.

I think this may well just be due to some confusion over exact terms.

Also, to be honest, this probably isn't the right board to be discussing visco on, because visco isn't a consumer firework , just like sugar isn't a cake.

i didnt put it here.
i started the topic in "general pyro" and i got moved here so i dont know...

no, im not "phoenix" from ebay.

sorry for confusing terms. I live in Germany and fuse is T1 as far as i know

too bad there is no place where i can offer my prodcucts. anyways, in 3 months well probably have an own homapage for the entire EU. ill keep you posted.
Selling cheap Visco Fuse: PM
pyroprovider@gmail.com

#18 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 02:08 PM

too bad there is no place where i can offer my prodcucts. anyways, in 3 months well probably have an own homapage for the entire EU. ill keep you posted.

Be sure to check out all the legal side, most obviously transportation.

Also when you say "your products" do you mean homemade fireworks? Again, I'm not 100% sure how legal it is to sell your own stuff.

#19 johnd451

johnd451

Certificated Distributor

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:25 PM

Be sure to check out all the legal side, most obviously transportation.

Also when you say "your products" do you mean homemade fireworks? Again, I'm not 100% sure how legal it is to sell your own stuff.

no, they are not homemade. They are legal german pyro products and they have the so-colled BAM certificate.
http://en.wikipedia....lt...d_-prüfung
pyroprovider@gmail.com

#20 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:49 PM

But still, when you say "pyro products" what do you mean? Consumer Fireworks that are typically sold on the german market?

Personally, I would indeed be interested in fireworks from Germany.

However, I wouldn't by anything that was being sold illegally. If you are selling fireworks to the UK do be aware of the laws, duty (tax) etc. All consumer fireworks must conform to BS7114 etc, you must have storage, proper transportation etc.

Edited by David, 10 March 2008 - 02:50 PM.

#21 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:20 PM

Until the EU Pyro directive is fully implemented by all member states then cross border shipping requires conformance with the receiving country's laws. Importing or supplying an unclassified item in the UK would be an offence.

ALWAYS pyro has to be shipped by appropriate methods and this excludes post in the UK
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#22 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:48 PM

Reading through this again, I think there might be some consfusion regarding "pyro products." The original site mentioned , egun, is a selling palce for hunting , fishing and shooting equpitment. I don't really see an obvious link between that and fireworks.

Do you mean "pyro products" or do you mean sporting ammunition etc? Its not the same thing.

#23 johnd451

johnd451

Certificated Distributor

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:42 PM

Reading through this again, I think there might be some consfusion regarding "pyro products." The original site mentioned , egun, is a selling palce for hunting , fishing and shooting equpitment. I don't really see an obvious link between that and fireworks.

Do you mean "pyro products" or do you mean sporting ammunition etc? Its not the same thing.

egun.de does sell pyro products
there is a category there "freie waffen" (free weapons) and thats where you find "feuerwerk" (firework)

or just look for "zündschnur" (visco fuse). i am currently selling there with the same nickname i use here
pyroprovider@gmail.com

#24 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:17 PM

Confusion or none, there is no legal firework auction site in the UK. The auctioning would not be a problem IF you could be certain that your remote buyer was of legal age to buy the devices.

The delivery of fireworks legally is almost impossible and impractically expensive for economy sales.

Post is a total No No
Only licensed couriers carry pyro and they charge LOTS and want regular business.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#25 johnd451

johnd451

Certificated Distributor

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:56 PM

Confusion or none, there is no legal firework auction site in the UK. The auctioning would not be a problem IF you could be certain that your remote buyer was of legal age to buy the devices.

The delivery of fireworks legally is almost impossible and impractically expensive for economy sales.

Post is a total No No
Only licensed couriers carry pyro and they charge LOTS and want regular business.

My company only sells fuses only to ID-members (which means their age is certified by the auction place itself) or I demand a passport scan to verify their age of at least 18yr.

Well, we will try to find auction places in other countries.
anyways, thanks for all the posts here
pyroprovider@gmail.com

#26 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:17 PM

Looking at that site, there does seem to be some consumer fireworks there, after a bit of a search!

Whilst the idea of an auction site for fireworks in the UK does have some appeal, the practical and legal restrictions make it impossible.

That said, if your products are legal, and you have the transport situation sorted out, then you could maybe sell them from your own site directly?

#27 johnd451

johnd451

Certificated Distributor

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:09 PM

Looking at that site, there does seem to be some consumer fireworks there, after a bit of a search!

Whilst the idea of an auction site for fireworks in the UK does have some appeal, the practical and legal restrictions make it impossible.

That said, if your products are legal, and you have the transport situation sorted out, then you could maybe sell them from your own site directly?

well thats the problem: we do not have an own site yet. but we will in approx 2 months and ill tell you about it.
secondly, a lot of people go directly to the auction place to look for porducts because they have a better idea of the market situation.

so, having an own site is good, but presenting our prodcuts on every auction place would be even better.
pyroprovider@gmail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users