36 replies to this topic

#16 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:03 AM

All we need then is a 'traversable wormhole' and where sorted..Anyone up for the challenge? :lol:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#17 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:15 PM

The idea of coming back through the wormhole carrying a load of devices rich in flash is distinctly worrying to me :unsure:
Trying to do something very beautiful but very dangerous very safely....

#18 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:08 PM

just need a power source now. does keten have access to Dilithium crystals ,or can they be synthesized at home?

#19 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:28 PM

As i understand it you need to generate emense magnetic fields to distort space-time, and there's not enough power on earth to do so.

I read that one way of creating a wormhole is to have two giant plates in which you generate this emense magnetic field using giant coils, thus, "bending" space-time, BUT where does the wormhole go?..It's been a while since i looked into this so it's probibly gibberish lol.

pyrotrev --"The idea of coming back through the wormhole carrying a load of devices rich in flash is distinctly worrying to me". How come

Edited by portfire, 04 April 2008 - 06:31 PM.

#20 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:52 PM

I have a good collection of dummies, although generally nothing older than late 90s- I'll bring them along to Icarus's next meet as part of a little talk maybe.

The airb0mb evolved- like a lot of things, it reached its peak just before it became obsolete, ie banned. Three were basically three sizes- the "4 for £1" ones, the bigger ones like Thunderking, and large bore ones like Proton B0mb, Stealth B0mber etc- those really were LOUD.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#21 The Legendary Graham

The Legendary Graham

If it goes bang its ace.

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:55 PM

ive been back in time many times and i did nothing but get upto no good in fact im probably everyones oldest descendant hehe if you know what i mean.
We dont do girly shows.!!!

#22 icarus

icarus

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:36 PM

the air b**b is quite challenging to manufacture, The projectile tube has a solid magnesium based flare compound ignited by the lift charge . at the end of this a clay plug contains a half turn of visco type fuse leading through to a flash powder charge with a sawdust and resin end plug
protodezine@gmail.com

#23 EnigmaticBiker

EnigmaticBiker

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 10:12 AM

The idea of coming back through the wormhole carrying a load of devices rich in flash is distinctly worrying to me :unsure:

So, travel via an warped dimension in the fabric of space-time is OK, as long as you're not carrying flash. :P

There might be a pyro use for the Hadron collider and the mini black holes they theorise about.

I've got some airb0mb5 from the 90's hanging about, must dig them out.

Edited by EnigmaticBiker, 18 April 2008 - 10:17 AM.

#24 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 03:27 PM

I read that one way of creating a wormhole is to have two giant plates in which you generate this emense magnetic field using giant coils, thus, "bending" space-time, BUT where does the wormhole go?..It's been a while since i looked into this so it's probibly gibberish lol.

pyrotrev --"The idea of coming back through the wormhole carrying a load of devices rich in flash is distinctly worrying to me". How come

On the note of sounding more than a bit nerdish I think you may be referring to the Casimir effect of creating negative energy between a pair of plates (definite effect). Unfortunately the engineering involved in producing these plates of a sufficient size less than a single atom apart to create enough negative energy for worm hole formation sounds a bit challenging. I am sure the exotic particles flying around may have a bit of an effect on the flash powder too as stated.

It is Friday afternoon after all, nearly home time. I'll get my coat

Edited by digger, 18 April 2008 - 03:29 PM.

Phew that was close.

#25 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:27 AM

On the note of sounding more than a bit nerdish I think you may be referring to the Casimir effect of creating negative energy between a pair of plates (definite effect). Unfortunately the engineering involved in producing these plates of a sufficient size less than a single atom apart to create enough negative energy for worm hole formation sounds a bit challenging. I am sure the exotic particles flying around may have a bit of an effect on the flash powder too as stated.

It is Friday afternoon after all, nearly home time. I'll get my coat

Thats the one. It was a while ago, it was on TV. Dr. Michio Kaku (Great physicist) was explaining wormholes and how they might be generated..

I have a slight interest in the quantum world, I think it's because it's just so dam strange.I'll NEVER understand the math, I just like the theories and how the laws of classical phyisics no longer apply. It's certainly one strange place down there. 1 partical in 2 places at the same time :unsure:

Anyway, back to topic

Enough talk about Casimir effect ,negative energy, spacetime and traversable wormholes.

Edited by portfire, 19 April 2008 - 10:05 AM.

#26 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:25 PM

sitting down last night eating my tea, the "doctor" came by in his tardis and dropped this off for me looks like a late eighties air b**b, live to!

Posted Image

Edited by chris m, 20 April 2008 - 08:26 PM.

#27 MDH

MDH

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:55 AM

That's hilarious. Yes, those things are still legal here and unfourtunately are causing a lot of trouble. They can be purchased for only a dollar and people buy enough to last themselves the whole year. It's a shame really.

#28 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:55 PM

Another old Standard Airb0mb - this one an Airb0mb mine- One of the first Chinese made Standard items- pretty crummy construction, an odd mix of blue touchpaper and green fuse, and just a fountain with airb)ombs lose at the bottom- ie no sawdust, as is used in mines today- as such it seemed unusually light, and tended to rattle! Price coded " 15 " .

Posted Image

Edited by David, 25 April 2008 - 09:55 PM.

OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#29 BigBang

BigBang

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:41 PM

Am i missing something? when were airb0mbs banned? I bought some only recently, they call them'proton b0mbs' these days. Not exactly the same as the 'standard' type airb0mbs, but basically the same thing. You can buy them singly, as a double repeater, or as a battery, 8x double repeaters.

As for being hard to make, i beg to differ. The cases take a while to make, but once these are done, i can knock one up in less than 10mins!

#30 rr22

rr22

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:29 PM

Am i missing something? when were airb0mbs banned? I bought some only recently, they call them'proton b0mbs' these days. Not exactly the same as the 'standard' type airb0mbs, but basically the same thing. You can buy them singly, as a double repeater, or as a battery, 8x double repeaters.

As for being hard to make, i beg to differ. The cases take a while to make, but once these are done, i can knock one up in less than 10mins!

I think the colour makes them(protons) a different class from the banned A.B.s
Any chance of a rough construction guide?(for academic interest?)
I thought the effect was a flash cored comet.

Edited by rr22, 25 April 2008 - 11:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users