36 replies to this topic

#31 BigBang

BigBang

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:40 AM

Not sure what you mean by colour?? They both (AB & PB) give a white flash, except that PB have a little Ti added for effect.

As far as i understand it, an AB is a device that shoots a projectile into the air, that goes 'bang'! = PB, so whats the difference?

As for giving instructions on how to make these, ive got it down to a fine art. Im not sure this is the right place for a tutorial though, but if you want, i am happy to PM you instructions.

#32 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:30 AM

Am i missing something? when were airb0mbs banned? I bought some only recently, they call them'proton b0mbs' these days. Not exactly the same as the 'standard' type airb0mbs, but basically the same thing. You can buy them singly, as a double repeater, or as a battery, 8x double repeaters.

Single Tube airb0mbs were banned from general sale to the public from Jan 1st 2004- (edit- it was 2004, not 2005). It sounds like the single shot/double repeater Proton b0mbs you were sold were old style, old stock- so strictly they shouldn't have been on sale.

Airb0mb batteries with more than one tube are still available by law, although the new regs on flashpowder are effectivly removing them from sale, too- many shops have already removed them from their range.

I think the colour makes them(protons) a different class from the banned A.B.s
Any chance of a rough construction guide?(for academic interest?)
I thought the effect was a flash cored comet.

Yeah- some companies brought in air b0mb style single shotters, with crackle or colour rather than a flash-bang.

Edited by David, 26 April 2008 - 10:46 AM.

OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#33 BigBang

BigBang

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:02 PM

Single Tube airb0mbs were banned from general sale to the public from Jan 1st 2004- (edit- it was 2004, not 2005). It sounds like the single shot/double repeater Proton b0mbs you were sold were old style, old stock- so strictly they shouldn't have been on sale.

Airb0mb batteries with more than one tube are still available by law, although the new regs on flashpowder are effectivly removing them from sale, too- many shops have already removed them from their range.

Yeah- some companies brought in air b0mb style single shotters, with crackle or colour rather than a flash-bang.

Your absolutely right. I contacted the shop i bought them from, (in nov 2007), and the guy confirmed they were in fact old stock. :(

#34 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:31 PM

Your absolutely right. I contacted the shop i bought them from, (in nov 2007), and the guy confirmed they were in fact old stock. :(

The shop is, as Borat would say, " Naughty Naughty! "

#35 rr22

rr22

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:32 PM

Retailers were allowed to dispose of stock they already had,I don't know how much time they were allowed for this.
I think attempts were made to get around the ban by not having the noise as the primary effect,
I think (maybe wrongly) that an effect with a secondary salute was/is still allowed.

A PM with details (for academic research) would be much appreciated,but I think Cooperman was looking for content for his site,so maybe a post there would be in order?

#36 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:24 AM

Retailers were allowed to dispose of stock they already had,I don't know how much time they were allowed for this.

The Act was the 2003 Fireworks Act, I think they set the deadline as Jan 1st 2004. IE stock that was to be banned could still be sold during the 2003 fireworks and new year season- most retailers , from what I rememeber, where aware of the upcoming ban and so didn't stock them.

#37 BigBang

BigBang

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:03 PM

I think attempts were made to get around the ban by not having the noise as the primary effect,
I think (maybe wrongly) that an effect with a secondary salute was/is still allowed.

A PM with details (for academic research) would be much appreciated,but I think Cooperman was looking for content for his site,so maybe a post there would be in order?

OK done! Check your PM's and instructions are there. Hope you can follow them! :wacko:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users