#211 seymour

seymour

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 05:14 AM

Greetings :)

Here is a video of some things I've been working on for a while. In particular the last three devices. The rest was largely filler and haunted by stars blown blind ect!

The monkey leaped off it's sunny perch and flew off into the night sky.

#212 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:00 PM

Great work there seymour!! Loved the shell at 1:14, any construction pics? and what fuse did you use for your "ascending separating stars" (Shimizu)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#213 michaelli66

michaelli66

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:59 AM

www.youtube.com/michaelli66

FIREWORKS SUPPLIER
FIREWORKS NEWS,PICTURE,VIDEO
YOUTUBE VIDEO
www.facebook.com/fireworks.supplier

#214 seymour

seymour

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:02 AM

Great work there seymour!! Loved the shell at 1:14, any construction pics? and what fuse did you use for your "ascending separating stars" (Shimizu)

Thanks!

I used standard chinese timefuse for all the timing. I have quite a few construction pics, but I'll have to upload them when I'm on my computer.
The monkey leaped off it's sunny perch and flew off into the night sky.

#215 Mumbles

Mumbles

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:07 AM

Some shells from a recent shoot.

My mines didn't make it on video, but they were quite nice I must say. I think I finally have my glitter figured out. I wasn' 100% satisfied with the shells, but they'll do for now.

6" ball Spider to Red
6" ball TT to Blue
5" sun and planet - Yankie purple planets (the prime burned off most, and didn't light the star), and varigated sun.
4" Serpent with chartreuse stars, and bottom shot
5" 5 timed report with purple and chartreuse and bottom shot. - Flower pot 2sad.gif

http://www.apcforum....es/July2009.wmv

#216 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:14 PM

Some shells from a recent shoot.

My mines didn't make it on video, but they were quite nice I must say. I think I finally have my glitter figured out. I wasn' 100% satisfied with the shells, but they'll do for now.

6" ball Spider to Red
6" ball TT to Blue
5" sun and planet - Yankie purple planets (the prime burned off most, and didn't light the star), and varigated sun.
4" Serpent with chartreuse stars, and bottom shot
5" 5 timed report with purple and chartreuse and bottom shot. - Flower pot 2sad.gif

http://www.apcforum....es/July2009.wmv

Very nice mumbles,i particulary liked the first two ,the reports sounded awesome in the last shells !

Edited by starseeker, 14 July 2009 - 05:16 PM.

#217 Mumbles

Mumbles

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:04 AM

Those ball shells were pasted on a WASP, and I wasn't impressed with the symmetry. They seemed lopsided. I don't think they had enough pasting on them. They were quite undersized, but the guy said he makes them that way all the time. I use more pasting, and I feel I get fuller breaks.

Yeah, two pounds of flash really slams oddly enough, which is how much was in that 5" flower pot. I'm just glad they survived the lift. I fired out of steel just in case.

#218 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:52 PM

Yeah, two pounds of flash really slams oddly enough, which is how much was in that 5" flower pot. I'm just glad they survived the lift. I fired out of steel just in case.
[/quote]

Yes it is strange the efect two pounds of flash has is it not, :blink:

#219 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:18 PM

Yes, I'm happy for you too, 2 lb of flash going off in steel tube wouldn't be nice :(
Trying to do something very beautiful but very dangerous very safely....

#220 Mumbles

Mumbles

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:28 AM

I'd much rather fire from steel with shells like these. I'd never chance a low break (from faulty gun) with any other material. The video may not show it, but the two shells with bottom shots were e-matched and several hundred yards away. With good technique, the bottom shot and all the inserts should survive in a flower pot.

#221 sasman

sasman

Sasman

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:10 PM

I'd much rather fire from steel with shells like these. I'd never chance a low break (from faulty gun) with any other material. The video may not show it, but the two shells with bottom shots were e-matched and several hundred yards away. With good technique, the bottom shot and all the inserts should survive in a flower pot.

Hi
Mumbles Just watched the video and very nice!...Can you tell me what video camera you used the video quality was fantastic...

Thanks

#222 Mumbles

Mumbles

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:40 AM

A friend of mine filmed that. I'll try to ask. It might suprise you that it was actually a digital camera, and not a true video camera.

#223 pyrobrainiac

pyrobrainiac

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:36 PM

this was the first batch of stars i'd made and first mortar launch.all in all i was really pleased with it

kaabooom

#224 knackers

knackers

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:34 AM

I had a family get together a couple of weeks ago and fired a hanfull of shells and mines ( and a wheel that only 1 spoke lit :( which ended up looking like a high rise fountain ) so i put together a few in this vid. the first 3 shells that go off consecutively are 3" shells with H3 burst and the 4th is a 4" willow diadem with whistle boosted 18# Bp burst.
Its only a short 4 shell vid and i slowed it down a 1/4 speed , i hope this doesnt offend the members, ( i will remove it if it does ) .
90 % of what i've learnt is from ukps and i am getting better, the other 10% is suck it and see experimentation, so a big thank you to all you members here :) .

4 quick shells

The stars that look white are flash core but my cam didn't pich up the nice blue that they were

Edited by phill 63, 04 August 2010 - 08:38 AM.

#225 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:32 AM

Recent firing of an 8" I witnessed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users