• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31 maxman

maxman

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 06:29 PM

I went last night but was very disappointed that there was no stand and no tour! I was hoping to meet some new members. I braved the weather, paid full price and nearly got stuck in the mud. At least the fireworks were good. Many thanks to Digger and Pyromaniac303 for their company!

#32 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 06:44 PM

There were no plans for a stand this time. As for the tour, access to the firing site was unpractical from the audience side without an extremely long walk. Stanford Hall I think would be the better location for this. If it is any consolation there will not have been much to see unless you like looking at tarpaulins and waterproofing ;)

#33 maxman

maxman

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 07:26 AM

Got some video of the winners if anyone is interested Spyrotechnics Then some More Also MLE Pyro

Enjoy :rolleyes:

Edited by maxman, 11 August 2008 - 08:27 AM.

#34 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:09 AM

it wasn't the best site to have undertaken a tour given both the distance around from the audience side and the bad weather :)

#35 chemicalwazi

chemicalwazi

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:11 AM

12 hours Rigging in wind and rain, and 3 hours de-rigging in the wind and rain, what shocking weather :angry:
Glad to see some of you showed up and enjoyed the displays. I thought everything went surprisingly well, despite the conditions.
Top job by all involved, congratulations to Spyrotechnics, and many thanks to the boys at Blitz Fireworks for chipping in and lending us the Billygoats for the clear up. As Richard says tarpaulins and waterproofing are not much to look at. Fingers crossed for the next one.

Edited by chemicalwazi, 11 August 2008 - 11:17 AM.

"The Saltpeter is the Soule, the Sulphur the Life, and the Coales the Body of it"

#36 pyromaniac303

pyromaniac303

• UKPS Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:13 AM

I have the full video of all 4 displays. I'll upload them tonight, although I apologise in advance for the camera shaking around, I left my tripod in the car because I thought it would just sink in the mud. Shame about the weather but still worth the visit, and congratulations to Spyrotechnics!

Edited by pyromaniac303, 11 August 2008 - 06:34 PM.

You can never have a long enough fuse...

#37 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:42 AM

WELL!!! I'm gutted I didn't come, I was suppose to be coming down with paul, but due to a other priority (getting car back on the road) and limited funds at the moment (due to car) I couldn't make it. :(
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#38 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:54 AM

Stanford Hall 2009 I hope will see our inaugural marquee! We've got some nice big vinyl banners on order and I'm sure we could put together an informative stand with some dummy items, posters, video etc etc. Any ideas or help welcome!

I think all the teams deserve credit for putting up for displays of a high standard in frankly rubbish conditions! Well done to Stu and team. I knew those candles were Ricardo Caballer the second I saw them ;)

#39 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:15 PM

I knew those candles were Ricardo Caballer the second I saw them ;)

perhaps a little extravagant but they certainly perform well :)

#40 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

Resident Maltese shell builder

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:31 PM

Was a great day despite the shite weather, we had a great team and all worked well to get the show rigged. Congrats to Spyrotechnics, what a show. Yep those Ricasa candles were spot on, looked amazing. Expensive but top quality!

The rigging was a bit of a pain in the weather and moving heavy racks from our waterproof fusing area on to the firing site. Anyone who has the demo video please upload as I was not able to see it too well from the Abbey. Looking forward to the vids.

Well done to all the teams, and cheers for breakfast Waz!

Need some billygoats!

#41 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:36 PM

Posted Image

http://www.flickr.co...57606665133464/

#42 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:40 PM

so, Karl & Waz - probably met you during the day, passed a sarcastic comment or a moan about the weather :)

#43 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 07:31 PM

Stanford Hall 2009 I hope will see our inaugural marquee! We've got some nice big vinyl banners on order and I'm sure we could put together an informative stand with some dummy items, posters, video etc etc. Any ideas or help welcome!

Do you not fancy doing something similar at one of the many demo nights that will be going on during September and October?
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#44 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:20 PM

Thanks to maxman and pyromaniac303 for the company.

The weather was shite, but fortunately it did pick up for the displays.

I understand that the site visit was not practical, but that must have been known before hand surely. Reading the front page of the site it sounds like there was going to be some UKPS organisation at the show. I have to say I enjoyed the fireworks, but if i were a prospective member who had read the front page I would have been sadly disappointed as there was no visible presence of the society.

How long did it take you chaps to get off the car park? We were lucky as our car was parked by the entry so managed to get off before most had started their cars. My parents took about 1/2 an hour to get off the field, they said there were a fair few stranded cars.
Phew that was close.

#45 maxman

maxman

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:54 PM

Yeah, I got stuck in the mud because a car in front of me did and I had to stop and couldnt get going again! Not for long though. I saw spyrotechnic uploaded their entry to youtube. I think my files that I posted this morning about 12 posts up from here are clearer but the sound on mine isnt quite as good just incase anyone missed it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users