• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:05 PM

The society has always taken a professional approach to our cause from the start. Like many organisations we plan to develop our presence in various ways, from attendance at large events but also through promotional materials like polo shirts and so-on. I don't think anyone is suggesting that t-shirts will recruit members, simply that people are wanting to tell the world they are a member or supporter of the UKPS.

#32 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:20 PM

T-shirts is really a marketing tool, not a selling tool. There is NO way that people who do not know of the society can join without first being made aware of it's existence. -That's what the Tees do! Make people aware.

Some may want to do pro firework manufacture with licence, others will want to know a little more than they already do to enjoy watching or using retail fireworks for better effect and more safely.

All are welcome as members
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#33 icarus

icarus

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:33 PM

any dates yet for t shirts????
protodezine@gmail.com

#34 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:34 AM

I think you need to give that busy man Adam a slight nudge.

The plan is that he will put up several possible designs for a vote and then the winner will get made up.

He has the designs 'on the back of an envelope' but they are not up for view yet...
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#35 wjames

wjames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 01:09 PM

paypal funds waiting........back is itching for a UKPS tshirt !

#36 SamCT

SamCT

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 07:06 PM

I'd buy one! :)

...oh.... MY FIRST POST!.... yay!

#37 icarus

icarus

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:40 AM

how many grammes of H.E constitutes a nudge ???
protodezine@gmail.com

#38 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:06 PM

You could nudge yourself into a position of responsibility!

#39 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:20 PM

A good time for T shirts would have been around bonfire night, when interest naturally peaks- however, is it too late for Christmas? That is a good time too.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#40 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:26 PM

The best time for T-shirts is spring when a Tee is enough to keep the sun at bay. ATM a Tee is as the Americans would say a vest to keep the cold at bay. Though if these are to actually happen the best time is NOW, no waiting about.

#41 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 11:52 PM

These are most definitely still on the cards. They will be well worth the wait!

#42 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:29 PM

At a meeting just before Christmas, I suggested that as Adam is currently so busy, we should press on and produce a basic publicity 'garment' (polo shirt was suggested as being more more useful than a T).

Here is a simple design that we could produce pretty much straight away (Phill Cooper has been looking into a possible producer).

Posted Image

It's nothing fancy, but says what it needs to say - I'd buy and wear one. Later on, I'm sure we can produce something clever, sexy, arty etc, but for now I think we should just produce something!
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#43 icarus

icarus

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 03:31 AM

there is a t shirt printing company i have used in coalville leics called revolution. Ive known the company owner for many years 100% reliable- do u want me to get a quote ??? if you call them ask for jan or rachael and mention me they came to last pyro event
protodezine@gmail.com

#44 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 03:12 PM

there is a t shirt printing company i have used in coalville leics called revolution. Ive known the company owner for many years 100% reliable- do u want me to get a quote ??? if you call them ask for jan or rachael and mention me they came to last pyro event

Hi Steve,

Obviously need to get the OK from the committee (which will probably meet next Wednesday) but a quote would be useful info - maybe one for 20 and one for 50 Polo shirts - Several people people have expressed the opinion that they would rather pay a bit more for a good quality garment rather than just go for the cheapest...
Posted Imagethegreenman

#45 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:37 PM

So who wants a Polo shirt then? :) We have resurrected this and the order is being placed imminently. The first run will be for 30, or more if we get a lot of confirmed orders now. 10 each of Small, Medium, and Large so far. Should we consider any other sizes in this run?

The design is a quality Fruit of the Loom white Polo shirt. The left breast will feature our embroidered logo and 'UK Pyrotechnics Society' underneath. The rear will feature our website address 'www.pyrosociety.org.uk' in bold black text. We will be selling these at £15.00 each. If demand is high and a further order is justified, the more we buy, the better the price.

I can't wait to see the finished product. I am sure Phil will post some photos of the sample swatch when it arrives!

We plan to offer shirts for sale or indeed collection at the AGM. We can naturally send them out by post too at extra cost.

Cheers guys and gals.

1 x Medium for me please!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users