crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:51 AM

It's with an e : )

http://www.groupef.c...roupef-eng.html

Thanks Creepin Pyro, I will take a peep at there site!

Edited by crystal palace fireworks, 29 August 2008 - 08:35 AM.

#18 michaelli66

michaelli66

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:56 AM

I completely believeing UK's fireworks company have enough pyrotechnics to make fireworks show on his own country,but everythings to be a change possible on four years later.So hope everybody just share his great idea and discuss together,I 'm also share our newest product for you as one of largest fireworks supplier in Liuyang China.
FIREWORKS SUPPLIER
FIREWORKS NEWS,PICTURE,VIDEO
YOUTUBE VIDEO
www.facebook.com/fireworks.supplier

#19 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:41 PM

Ok, this marketing company produces events and shows based on research/marketing/presentations (apparently they did `Athens 2004`) I don`t see any reason why UK firework display companies can`t pitch to them, or to make representations to the ODA that local work forces/companies should be used!

I completely agree with you, but look at it from Jack Morton's perspective. They have produced a number of olympic-scale events and others including the London Eye NYE shows. On each occasion they have chosen Groupe F. Why would they want to risk using anyone else when Groupe F have a track record? I doubt a company like that is going to throw caution to the wind.

#20 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:41 PM

It's with an e : )

http://www.groupef.c...roupef-eng.html

Ah, its the french company that did the Effel Tower fireworks/effects at the millenium celebrations = first class!

Im sure there is enough talent in the UK and on this forum to compete with them though on a artistic and innovative level.

#21 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:43 PM

Whilst I greatly admire Groupe F's magnificent shows, I don't think they should be allowed to steal this one, and I don't care a brass f*** what Jack Morton wants. It's the British taxpayer who's footing the bill for this, and the whole thing should be seen as an opportunity to develop British talent, just as in the sports events. Methinks we should try and find out who's making the decisions, and if they're looking abroad some lobbying ought to be started, what say you Rich? Maybe Mark Lancaster is a good person to start with.

Edited by pyrotrev, 29 August 2008 - 07:08 PM.

Trying to do something very beautiful but very dangerous very safely....

#22 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:55 PM

Whilst I greatly admire Groupe F's magnificent shows, I don't think they should be allowed to steal this one, and I don't care a brass f*** what Jack Morton wants. It's the British taxpayer who's footing the bill for this, and the whole thing should be seen as an opportunity to develop British talent, just as in the sports events. Methinks some lobbying ought to be started, what says you Rich? Maybe Mark Lancaster is a good person to start with.

Here F-in here !!

Im sure there is enough talent in the UK and on this forum to compete with them though on a artistic and innovative level.

Dam right !!!

Edited by portfire, 29 August 2008 - 07:00 PM.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#23 wjames

wjames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:00 PM

HONESTLY.....as a one off.........and as something that has never been done.....

i would involve the MOD, and have them use their ground based laser missile defence system ( a form of TALON ) to remotely detonate the worlds largest shell.

the shell could, in theory, be dropped from a plane at 10,000 feet....perhaps on a small parachute.

the laser would EASILY track it, and provide ignition at a given point....

hence the worlds largest single firework, and nobody would know it was coming !

#24 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:29 PM

I completely agree with you, but look at it from Jack Morton's perspective. They have produced a number of olympic-scale events and others including the London Eye NYE shows. On each occasion they have chosen Groupe F. Why would they want to risk using anyone else when Groupe F have a track record? I doubt a company like that is going to throw caution to the wind.

I understand your logic richard, but why assume that jack morton is calling the shots when we don`t know if they have any concrete contract with the ODA?

As I see it, and as pyrotrev has said, this is a great opportunity for british companies to show what they can do, (its only case up scaling up an event by delegating and spreading the work load to others who have experience anyway),...............I think we should make contact the BPA and join forces with other british artistic groups to lobby the Olympic Delivery Authority on this particular event.

#25 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:52 AM

HONESTLY.....as a one off.........and as something that has never been done.....

i would involve the MOD, and have them use their ground based laser missile defence system ( a form of TALON ) to remotely detonate the worlds largest shell.

the shell could, in theory, be dropped from a plane at 10,000 feet....perhaps on a small parachute.

the laser would EASILY track it, and provide ignition at a given point....

hence the worlds largest single firework, and nobody would know it was coming !

Like your thinking!,...............do you have any unique ideas on lighting the olympic flame?

#26 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:45 AM

Just let Osama Bin Lighter do that bit! It wouldn't surprise me if Al Quaeda isnt planning to contribute something undesireable. Getting into the ceremony is going to be like getting into the DOme for the Millenium opening ceremony. Everyone security checked 5 miles away then taken in on trains.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#27 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:50 AM

Four years is a long time- the way things are going there could be a bit of a barney going on with the Russians by 2012...... oh, bloody hell.

Edited by David, 30 August 2008 - 10:51 AM.

OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#28 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:53 AM

Just let Osama Bin Lighter do that bit! It wouldn't surprise me if Al Quaeda isnt planning to contribute something undesireable. Getting into the ceremony is going to be like getting into the DOme for the Millenium opening ceremony. Everyone security checked 5 miles away then taken in on trains.

Yeah, you feel something could happen!,..........Stratford train station is full of security people and we are still 4 years away!

#29 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:02 AM

I don't think we should give it to Kimbolton, even if a British company did get the contract. Kimbolton have had their fair share of big shows, it's about time that others who have been waiting in the wings had their chance.

I have nothing against Kimbolton and they do a fine show, but if the same few large companies keep getting the contracts, a lot of talented other people out there will not get the chance to shine.
Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

#30 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:23 AM

The site is only 5 miles from Green Lanes in north London where the Greek and Turkish communities live together in undeclared war. The site is partly in the Borough of Newham where the Seikh and assorted Musilm communities have re-runs of tribal battles occasionally we also have the Travellers who were evicted from the site during it's clearance very unhappy and a growing eastern european and russian community springing up within 5 miles. If there were no incident I would be surprised.

We have to hope that the "men is suits" will have expected something on this front and made some preparations. I think I can say with some certainty that they will not publish their plans in advance!

The last Cold War with the USSR only ended when they couldn't afford to pay for their forces and pay to keep their buffer states controlled by secret police. Since they have exported Gas in huge quantities they have the money and have already restarted the occasional airspace penetration by the Tupolev Bears towards northern Scottish UK airspace.

Nothing yet convinces me that the men in suits will have an easy task! I wish them luck, they have a challenge - cost us nothing til you are needed then be totally effective, -instantly!
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users