DRD????

#33 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:05 PM

Dancing red Devil (at least tats what I assumed)

Stu

#34 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:05 PM

DRD is Dancing Red Devil. For those that don't know , its a Cheshire based brand that only tends to appear seasonally, and is of debatable quality.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#35 MiniChris

MiniChris

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:07 PM

DRD eh, well good luck to you :)

They were actully very good items for the money, why do you have a dislike for them Starsky?

@ zebedee
http://www.dancingre...com/en_main.asp

#36 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:21 PM

All you can go on is your own personal experiemce and in mine I found them poor quality, in terms of both effects, build quality and consistence.

You say they were good for the money, well I guess thats a relative thing - if you are getting an item with an rrp of £99 for £10 I guess most things would be deemed as good value.

For me they were a brand built to a very low cost price with a view to heavy discounting from the fictitious RRP's. There is obviously a market for them with the seasonal stockists but it's not a brand I would ever stock :)

most factories will build items at varying quality/costprice, it could be that I had a bad experience :)

Edited by Starsky72, 09 October 2008 - 03:23 PM.

#37 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:33 PM

For me they were a brand built to a very low cost price with a view to heavy discounting from the fictitious RRP's.

I wouldn't say that their given RRPs are much higher than similar items from other brands, to be honest. It might depend on the individual line. But eg their 300 shot "pen lid" cake was RRP £12.99, that seems a pretty average price for a 300 shot pen lid cake.

For me personally it is not a brand I buy much, because I can get better stuff cheaper.

#38 pyro-pete

pyro-pete

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:49 PM

Hi,

I have a friend who has moved up to Sheffield from down South. He has asked my advice about where to get good fireworks at a reasonable price in that area. If you can recommend anywhere I am sure he would be grateful. Brands, items as well as retailers if possible pleaee. he likes a fair bit of noise.

please please try the powder keg in castleford, 01977669909 the very best shop ever ++(check their web site a+
ll top brands and massive discounts, many half price on kimbolton, cosmic, soverigien, royal party , weco and more really is the best shop ever.

#39 pyro-pete

pyro-pete

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:54 PM

thats just one line mate, if Latifs are doing the Kimbolton Crown of Rubies or Lake of Sapphires at a better price then I would be worried ;)

try the powder keg castleford £30.00 each!!!!!!!!!!!! and masses of other bargins

#40 pyro-pete

pyro-pete

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:56 PM

Hi,

I have a friend who has moved up to Sheffield from down South. He has asked my advice about where to get good fireworks at a reasonable price in that area. If you can recommend anywhere I am sure he would be grateful. Brands, items as well as retailers if possible pleaee. he likes a fair bit of noise.

www.thepowderkeg.co.uk your mate will never be able to thank you enough 90% of their stock is 1.3g enjoy

#41 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:00 PM

Erm, do you work for the Powderkeg?

#42 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:58 PM

try the powder keg castleford £30.00 each!!!!!!!!!!!! and masses of other bargins

sorry mate,Powder Keg is obviously tooooo expensive .At PureParty Kimbolton Crown of Rubies AND Lake of Sapphires are both £24-99 and have been for some time (as per our retail leaflet ;) )

#43 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:09 AM

Just thought I'd chirp in here with some potentially important news.

A friend tested a number of smaller different Absolute Fireworks cakes recently (around 18mm most of them), quite a large number blew themselves to pieces and sent stars everywhere. Those that cato'd but stayed intact blew tobes through the bottom card on the base of the cake. These were fired on level ground. These are cat 3 cakes and he believes that have too much lift in them and the recoil is doing this. He is an experienced person so I believe what he says.
Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

#44 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:57 PM

It is best to bury cakes, for exactly this reason, and to light one firework at a time and get away. Persons with professional training and appropriate PPE are an exception. But for the consumer, using Cat 3, it is better to be safe than sorry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users