#16 Floydman

Floydman

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:46 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope you beat them!

The anti fireworks press surfaces every year and right royally p*sses me off, granted you get the chavs messing around but apart from that why ruin family fun? We have a great evening in the garden. It's usually really good around here, hopefully will pick up soon.

I hope the anti fireworks brigade havent finnaly put people off buying pyro, or I wont be best pleased, we'll see on Wednesday night but right now it aint looking good.

Cant agree more prestonboi - I am one of the good guys too.
I hope the Men Shun stuff which makes up a lot of my £650 selection is not going to pop and fizz or I'll be right on the phone. The descriptions on the side of the casings are fairly convincing. Hope they are not taking the p***. Whats your view on the 120 db limit ? Do you still think things are still loud at this rating ??

#17 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:52 PM

Whats your view on the 120 db limit ? Do you still think things are still loud at this rating ??

I had an Omega Bomb barrage last year, I think that was at the limit or around it and it was loud enough for me, but it's still a shame to be restricted.

I have the Thunder King this year, I think it's the same so plenty of noise, I hope!

I haven't had any complaints from neighbours before and have let off some decent stuff the past few years, I think they kinda get into the spirit and let off fireworks aswell or just don't mind but theirs is usually small or supermarket stuff so it's fun competition. :P

#18 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:52 PM

Floydman -Take a look at the side of your Men Shun stuff- the yellow panel with all the safety info etc. It will say a date in the bottom righthand corner. If its 2006, it is old spec- so will be generally loud and flash based. If it is 2007 or 2008 it will be blackpowder based- so not as loud.

120db is bloody loud- however, most new spec stuff doesn't come close to that limit (which has been in force for a few yaers now.)

Edited by David, 02 November 2008 - 10:54 PM.

OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#19 Floydman

Floydman

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:03 PM

I had an Omega Bomb barrage last year, I think that was at the limit or around it and it was loud enough for me, but it's still a shame to be restricted.

I have the Thunder King this year, I think it's the same so plenty of noise, I hope!

I haven't had any complaints from neighbours before and have let off some decent stuff the past few years, I think they kinda get into the spirit and let off fireworks aswell or just don't mind but theirs is usually small or supermarket stuff so it's fun competition. :P

Couldnt get hold of the Thunder King unfortunately. Is available now but think I've spent enough. Got some 2006 spec stuff but mostly all 2008 - hope its decent or it could be curtains for that source.
Ever thought of making your own ? :wacko:

#20 Floydman

Floydman

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:06 PM

Floydman -Take a look at the side of your Men Shun stuff- the yellow panel with all the safety info etc. It will say a date in the bottom righthand corner. If its 2006, it is old spec- so will be generally loud and flash based. If it is 2007 or 2008 it will be blackpowder based- so not as loud.

120db is bloody loud- however, most new spec stuff doesn't come close to that limit (which has been in force for a few yaers now.)

Thanks - got the hang of it but I'll wait and see how these items perform. As I said to you before there may be issues surrounding the descriptions on the casings.

#21 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:13 PM

Thanks - got the hang of it but I'll wait and see how these items perform. As I said to you before there may be issues surrounding the descriptions on the casings.

Well, Men Shun's descriptions are always a bit vauge. Some are reasonably accurate, others really are nothing more than waffle! One of the talks about some guy called Tim and his (we assume girlfriend) Helen! Best thing to do is check out some You Tube vids, or vids on sites.

#22 Floydman

Floydman

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:22 PM

Well, Men Shun's descriptions are always a bit vauge. Some are reasonably accurate, others really are nothing more than waffle! One of the talks about some guy called Tim and his (we assume girlfriend) Helen! Best thing to do is check out some You Tube vids, or vids on sites.

Are you sure that was the side of a firework you were reading David Posted Image
Seriously, I am hoping the information provided by the good folks on this site will be more a help with these matters. I am unsure of the authenticity of the vids on the web.

#23 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:25 PM

Couldnt get hold of the Thunder King unfortunately. Is available now but think I've spent enough. Got some 2006 spec stuff but mostly all 2008 - hope its decent or it could be curtains for that source.
Ever thought of making your own ? :wacko:

I wouldn't know where to start with my making own stuff! :wacko:

I am the same I have a few Bright Star items that are new reg and unsure about them, most of my stuff is new reg though aswell as a few old reg items.

#24 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:30 PM

Are you sure that was the side of a firework you were reading David Posted Image
Seriously, I am hoping the information provided by the good folks on this site will be more a help with these matters. I am unsure of the authenticity of the vids on the web.

If you are interested in a specific firework, ask away, someone may well have seen it. The UKFR does review a lot of Men Shun stuff, however, this is all the old spec (pre-2007) stuff.

Men Shun are at a bit of a turning point, to be honest. they basically changed everything in 2007 (a lot of it was very different) but they have brought out a lot of new lines this year. Time will tell.

Edited by David, 02 November 2008 - 11:38 PM.

#25 Floydman

Floydman

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:35 PM

Thanks for the chat gents - will be in touch.

Vive la Banger !!!

#26 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:50 PM

I am seriously worried, it has been dead around here this weekend just gone for fireworks going off and tonight is even worse! Just a few bangs on the skyline. :o

This time last year it was going bonkers! It's not even worth me sitting on our window ledge to watch the action (or lack of it!), we usually go for a drive around Preston the night before Bonfire Night and see whats going off around Preston but might not be worth it.

It's definently not the weather as Bonfire Night has given Cloudy dull weather but the past few nights have been perfect for fireworks.

I hope this is just a blip and things will be back to normal next year, or fireworks around here could just all happen on Bonfire Night, although I like things to be spread out around November 5th as they usually are.

Edited by Prestonboi, 03 November 2008 - 06:51 PM.

#27 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:19 PM

Preston did always used to have a lot of pyro going off! That said, yeah, it could be that people let some off at the weekend , then people are waiting until bonfire night. Sunday was quite loud earlier on, I was near Liverpool.

#28 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:14 PM

Preston did always used to have a lot of pyro going off!

It certanly did!!

Well our luck changed just a bit tonight, the surrounding area went quiet and much to my delight a house at the other end of the street behind us started letting off pyro!

I've been stood on my garden for a good half hour wathing. :D

Nothing special but seeing as everything is quiet round here it was welcome and everything else is quiet so it felt louder! There were 2 or 3 cakes, 7 or 8 rockets and from what I could hear fountains a plenty, all in about half an hour. :D

Seems to have died down now but rockets were a nice bang and a few stars, some of them crackling, cakes were shoot up and bang with stars (looked about 10 shots each though). :huh:

But still, made my night, especially as that Bonfire Night fireworks/smoke smell is now lingering around the neighbourhood!

Edited by Prestonboi, 03 November 2008 - 08:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users