68 replies to this topic

#1 Alexander Martin

Alexander Martin

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:44 PM

Hi guys.

I left it a bit last minute this year buying my Pyro and have mixed and matched things from a variety of sellers. Supermarkets, garden centres, seasonal shops etc.

Next year I want to have a better picture of what I want. Just wondered what I would need to do in the long-run next year regarding making a 3hr trip to Epic. Can I just turn up unexpected and buy what I desire or do I need to contact them before hand?

I'm not quite sure how it works that's all.

Cheers.
Alex.

#2 jindivik

jindivik

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:24 PM

i asked the exact same question in another forum :)

we just turned up on the day, had an idea of what we wanted so just took a little list and off they went to pick it for us

a couple of items were out of stock in the shop but didn't say so on the website so it might be best to ring up and check they have what you want in stock, otherwise just go :)

don't get lost on the way like we did! we took a wrong turn and had to ring the shop for directions haha...the people at epic are really nice and happy to help with anything

#3 Alexander Martin

Alexander Martin

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:26 PM

Sounds promising! For next year I plan on getting my Pyro around end of Sept, beginning of Oct. Are they open then?

#4 jindivik

jindivik

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:27 PM

Sounds promising! For next year I plan on getting my Pyro around end of Sept, beginning of Oct. Are they open then?

as far as i know they are open all year round....not sure if they have a more limited selection out of season though, we went mid october and pretty much everything was in stock when we got there :)

#5 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:38 PM

Epic are open all year round, from I think 10-4- they are great guys- give them a ring and they are happy to stay open if you are running a little late. They tend to be fairly well stocked out of season, in my experience, although obviously they won't have everything.

Most of my Pyro this season is from Epic and the Firework Factory- two very good shops.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#6 Alexander Martin

Alexander Martin

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:43 PM

From what I can see on Epic's website, all their fireworks appear to be fairly cheap?

#7 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:49 PM

From what I can see on Epic's website, all their fireworks appear to be fairly cheap?

Yeah- depending on the brand, there are some real bargains at Epic.

#8 screwball

screwball

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 09:34 PM

Hi guys.

I left it a bit last minute this year buying my Pyro and have mixed and matched things from a variety of sellers. Supermarkets, garden centres, seasonal shops etc.

Next year I want to have a better picture of what I want. Just wondered what I would need to do in the long-run next year regarding making a 3hr trip to Epic. Can I just turn up unexpected and buy what I desire or do I need to contact them before hand?

I'm not quite sure how it works that's all.

Cheers.
Alex.

epic fireworks are open 7 days a week 362 days a year even off season they are open 7 days a week though slightly shorter hours , you can call in or order online or phone the week before to reserve items if you wish , the website isnt up to date all the time as its impossible to cope with shifting stock levels during the silly season , one min they can have 100 of an item the next they are down to 5 or 6 , by next season they should have moved to their new shop and stock levels should be more stable then and possibly even a better choice as well , and who knows what new items they will have next year

#9 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 12:05 PM

For next year I plan on getting my Pyro around end of Sept, beginning of Oct

please be aware of the legal aspect of storing 1.3G fireworks for that period of time :)

#10 dogsbody

dogsbody

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 12:10 PM

how long can we store CAT3 stuff? (will be in a shipping container)

#11 screwball

screwball

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 12:48 PM

how long can we store CAT3 stuff? (will be in a shipping container)

depends if you got a storage license or not , if you havnt then no matter where you store it your limited to 3 weeks roughly (i think)

if you have a license then you can have it as long as you want and up to 100kg of 1.3G powder weight

#12 Alexander Martin

Alexander Martin

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 01:44 PM

Looking forward to my trip to Epic next year already! Is Firework Factory nearby? Could do two trips together! I want some Firework International stuff!

#13 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 02:05 PM

Firework Factory is further North in Lancaster - where are you coming from?

#14 Alexander Martin

Alexander Martin

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 02:11 PM

Surrey.

#15 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 02:12 PM

Well, if you are coming up to the North, as part of a trip/short holiday Lancashire and Yorkshire are quite close together!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users