• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#16 Alexander Martin

Alexander Martin

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:32 PM

Is it bad that I'm excited for next year already :P.

#17 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:37 PM

Is it bad that I'm excited for next year already :P.

Yeah- there is New Years Eve, of course!
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#18 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:39 PM

if you havnt then no matter where you store it your limited to 3 weeks roughly

you are limited to THREE days if you purchase Cat3 that is rated as 1.3Gmaterial, it's classed the same (for storage) as a professional shell (upto 6")

#19 screwball

screwball

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:35 PM

you are limited to THREE days if you purchase Cat3 that is rated as 1.3Gmaterial, it's classed the same (for storage) as a professional shell (upto 6")

yup my answer was for cat3 in general , had forgotten they had changed the goalposts this year

however knowing what half this forum do anyway im sure they know all the ins and outs of legalities storage wise

#20 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:45 PM

no goalpost changing as far I am aware, the storage regulations for 1.3G products (most of Epics range) have stated three days for quite some time and will probablyl become even more regulated in the next year or so :)

#21 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:46 PM

Another law that will be complied with by the trade but if the local newsagent sells 1.3g Cat 3, I bet he doesn't tell the customer they have to use it within 3 days.

The H.S.E really need to address this all the way down the buying chain.

Edited by Mortartube, 03 November 2008 - 06:48 PM.

Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

#22 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:49 PM

just to add it isn't of course all related to Epics fireworks, we (as well as many others) sell items that are now classed as 1.3G and as such I feel have an obligation to advise our customers accordingly :)

I am sure the HSE will be addressing the issue in the future :)

#23 screwball

screwball

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:07 PM

no goalpost changing as far I am aware, the storage regulations for 1.3G products (most of Epics range) have stated three days for quite some time and will probablyl become even more regulated in the next year or so :)

guess it comes down to how long is quite some time at the end of the day , i know the rules and regs were changed to stop white van man storing gear for selling and claiming it was for a display however havnt got the relevant documentation in front of me to check when it all changed

#24 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:15 PM

I'm not sure about this, but I don't think the 3 day (or 14 day with 1.4G only) rule applys if the NEC is less than 5kg?

IE you can have a small quantity of fireworks at home for any length of time. and "Small" in this case could mean 9 Airbosses (500g NEC) and a few spraklers and little rockets.

Edited by David, 03 November 2008 - 07:26 PM.

OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#25 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:14 PM

if you have a license then you can have it as long as you want and up to 100kg of 1.3G powder weight

If people are travelling hundreds of miles to purchase their fireworks then I would guess their purchases would be over 5kg nec, probably best to get a storage registered with the local authorities as Screwball mentions :)

#26 screwball

screwball

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:45 PM

If people are travelling hundreds of miles to purchase their fireworks then I would guess their purchases would be over 5kg nec, probably best to get a storage registered with the local authorities as Screwball mentions :)

isnt that hard or expensive to do either really though i guess that may depend on where in the country you are , west yorkshire is pretty easy to comply with , with regard the requirements needed to obtain one , enables you to take shops up on out of season sales and save ourself a small fortune in the process

#27 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:02 AM

I had a store registered at my home address for years before I started the "business" - I can't recall exactly how much it was (under £50) a year, it allowed me to store 100kg of 1.4, which would equate to 25kg (nec) if you pop a 1.3G item in there, 25kg nec is quite a decent amount :)

#28 Aftershock

Aftershock

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:46 AM

All seems quite complicated with needing to register to store them, is that just to keep them in the house or garage?

Epic should be good next year with a purpose built store can only get better!

#29 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:08 AM

All seems quite complicated with needing to register to store them, is that just to keep them in the house or garage?

garage/shed =- secure location, not under your bed :)

it may seem complicated but if you plan on purchasing a couple of hundred quids worth of items that are classed as 1.3G (and keeping for more than three days) then it's a legal requirement :)

#30 Aftershock

Aftershock

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:51 AM

Best go to Epic this Thursday then as letting them off on Saturday!

Is the loft a secure location lol?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users