• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#31 screwball

screwball

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:35 AM

All seems quite complicated with needing to register to store them, is that just to keep them in the house or garage?

Epic should be good next year with a purpose built store can only get better!

not complicated at all if i can fill the form in anyone can , its all pretty basic questions really , you pay (in my case) £80 and that allows me to store 100kilos of 1.3G or 250kilos of 1.4G

give your local petrol station and explosives officer a call at the fire station and have chat , if you have a registed store you can legal store all year round and take advantage of out of season sales

#32 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:26 PM

Best go to Epic this Thursday then as letting them off on Saturday!

Thats what I usually do- or even buy them on the day I am going to use them!

Edited by David, 04 November 2008 - 03:11 PM.

OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#33 yorkie

yorkie

Yorkie

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:45 PM

not complicated at all if i can fill the form in anyone can , its all pretty basic questions really , you pay (in my case) £80 and that allows me to store 100kilos of 1.3G or 250kilos of 1.4G

give your local petrol station and explosives officer a call at the fire station and have chat , if you have a registed store you can legal store all year round and take advantage of out of season sales

If you want to sell all year there is the addittional license to pay for which is about £500.00

#34 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:13 PM

If you want to sell all year there is the addittional license to pay for which is about £500.00

I know a few shops I have been in this year who have said they are going to stop doing that , as it simply isn't worth it.

#35 screwball

screwball

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:03 PM

thats true but were talking about personal storage not selling really

#36 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:00 AM

There was an article on teletext today about someone having a quantity of fireworks seized from his garage, so yeah- if anyone is buying in bulk, it is definatly wise to be aware of storage regs, or alternativly buy as an when you need them.

Edited by David, 05 November 2008 - 06:01 AM.

#37 RichardEvans

RichardEvans

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:10 PM

The Epic guys are great, all pyro nuts. Just remember that their stuff is really powerful 1.3G so you can only store it for 3 days if its over NET 5KG without a licence, however a licence is not hard to get 80 pound about?

but yeah go for em, they make their own Pyro such as Epic, Marvel, Paramount and Oriental. So they will get you the best price with everything half price, oh and you can turn up whenever you want, as long as they are open. May be best though to just maybe buy over the phone to ensure you get what you want when you arrive :D

#38 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:25 PM

Richard, are you affiliated with Epic in some way??

#39 chimp

chimp

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:50 PM

I'm not so sure that Trading Standards/Fire Services will be too keen to endorse registrations to every Tom, Dick and Harry just so that they can stockpile 1.3g fireworks in their garage or garden shed. It's not too difficult for a registration to be refused on the grounds of subjective opinion...eg unsuitability of the storage place (for any one of numerous reasons). Registration is generally intended for retailers and 'professional' users to carry out their business - private registrations for would be enthusiasts wanting to stash away 'non-preferred' classification fireworks is clearly not going to be welcomed across the board!

5kg is 5kg, and 3 days is 3 days.........

#40 screwball

screwball

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:38 PM

I'm not so sure that Trading Standards/Fire Services will be too keen to endorse registrations to every Tom, Dick and Harry just so that they can stockpile 1.3g fireworks in their garage or garden shed. It's not too difficult for a registration to be refused on the grounds of subjective opinion...eg unsuitability of the storage place (for any one of numerous reasons). Registration is generally intended for retailers and 'professional' users to carry out their business - private registrations for would be enthusiasts wanting to stash away 'non-preferred' classification fireworks is clearly not going to be welcomed across the board!

actualy i think you will find your wrong , there will be many many public events being held such as schools and scout groups etc that do a once a year event and for them to try and organise delivery storage 3 days before an event wil be hard to do to say the least especialy if GFN falls midweek when everyone is working , there only options would be to only use 1.4G material which is fine i guess assuming every single item they use is 1.4G

personaly ive had no problems getting a store registed and im neither a professional or a shop all its cost me is the cost of a shipping container (which has a buy back option on it) and £80 for the paperwork and now i can take advantage of out of season sales and get fireworks at less than half price

#41 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 03:11 PM

Agree with Screwball, before needing storage for business purposes iI had a registered store at my home address for a number of years.

However, if there is a sharp increase in the numbers of people applying then that may pose its own problems??

#42 Gigantic Crab!!!

Gigantic Crab!!!

Gigantic Crab!!!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 03:42 PM

However, if there is a sharp increase in the numbers of people applying then that may pose its own problems??

Like the authorities realising they're onto a winner and hiking up the licence costs massively, muses Gigantic Crab!!!

#43 RichardEvans

RichardEvans

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 04:39 PM

Richard, are you affiliated with Epic in some way??

No just a big supporter of their products, I was of Men Shun as-well before the ones I liked got ruined... and soon Brothers.

#44 RichardEvans

RichardEvans

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 04:41 PM

Wrong.

They are all too willing to support you and give a small holding license. The main reason they do it, is so your local fire station is aware that if they get a call to your house or wherever they are being stored, they can expect rouge fireworks and potential explosions. That's what its all about so yeah :P

#45 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:41 PM

No just a big supporter of their products, I was of Men Shun as-well before the ones I liked got ruined... and soon Brothers.

Sounds like love....

Just kidding!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users