• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#151 NickC

NickC

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:31 PM

Unfortunately Mark Edwards will have to drop out, his wife reminded him of his Holiday commitments.... Still Phil you defo have cheques in post from NickC and Chris Hinze. Sorry about that.

#152 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:57 PM

OK I've had one other drop out, so to be honest, it's in the balance.

We can't run it with less than 10, as the society cannot aford to make a loss...

I'll make the decision in 10 days & keep you all informed.

Hopefully still time for another taker or two.
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#153 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

MIExpE & Director - Illusion Fireworks Ltd

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:35 PM

Count me in if its not too late with another colleague a possibility....

www.illusionfireworks.com - A SKY FULL OF MAGIC!

#154 Mike40

Mike40

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:31 PM

I might be up for this if it is still on :)

Might bring someone as well, how suitable is this course for a novice with limited technical experience??

#155 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:43 PM

I might be up for this if it is still on Posted Image

Might bring someone as well, how suitable is this course for a novice with limited technical experience??

Hi Mike

I would say at the moment, that the course is pretty likely to run - I will make the decision based on deposits I have recieved by the end of next week. I do need to see the colour of 10 peoples money though & we are not quite there yet. More than 10 is not a problem - max about 15.

Everything in the course exam is taught on the day - no pre knowledge is assumed, though I think we have to assume that people have a basic interest in fireworks. It's quite an intensive (though fun and interesting) day & you do have to concentrate. Having said that, I think we have had about 40 go on this course & no one has struggled as far as I know.

Might be timely to remind people that they need to bring appropriate PPE - Helmet with Polycarb visor & flameproof boiler suit are fine.

Please PM me with any questions.
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#156 Mike40

Mike40

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:53 PM

Did you get my PM???

#157 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:03 PM

Yes Mike - you now have mail.

Well, I'll have a tot - up tonight, but I would now say we are pretty certain to be able to run this.
Posted Imagethegreenman

#158 Mike40

Mike40

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:40 PM

Yes Mike - you now have mail.

Well, I'll have a tot - up tonight, but I would now say we are pretty certain to be able to run this.

Just to confirm I have posted my deposit off to you for 2 people....

Mike

#159 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:25 PM

We are near enough there now - just one or two more deposits in the post.

As stated, I will confirm at the end of the week.

We certainly still have places for a few more, if anyone is interested...
Posted Imagethegreenman

#160 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:46 PM

I now have 10 deposits and have spoken to Steve Illage today, so the course is definitely going to take place.

I will send everyone full details at the weekend.

If any more are interested, you will be more than welcome, but I would need your deposit & details no later than one week before the course, as Illuminate have to print manuals etc.
Posted Imagethegreenman

#161 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:38 PM

To remind all students, the course will take place at

Bishop Thomas Grant School
Belltrees Grove
London
SW16 2HY

On Saturday July 10th 2010 at 8.30am sharp. Please be there by 8.15am to register. The course should finish at 5.00pm

You can see a map here: http://www.streetmap...searchp=ids.srf

If you go though the school main gates and turn sharp right, you can park in the lower car park. There will be UKPS signs to show you where to go.

Assuming that the final number of attendees is 10, the balance to pay will be £60 each (total £110) – you can either send this now or bring it on the day. I can arrange pizza lunch, tea coffee & snacks for an additional £5.

Please remember to bring PPE – at least helmet and visor, plus flameproof overalls. Illuminate will not let you do the practical part of the course without these.

Please contact me by PM, email or phone with any questions.

Look forward to seeing you on the day – hope you all have a great time!

Edited by phildunford, 26 June 2010 - 08:40 PM.

Posted Imagethegreenman

#162 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:02 AM

Just a reminder, training is this Saturday - 10 deposits have been recieved - thank you.

Someone asked where you can eat early nearby & as this may be useful to others, I repeat it here:

There is a little 'greasy spoon' that looks quite nice, It's called The Winning Post Cafe & I checked today that it is open from 7.00am on Saturdays.

It's at the junction of Greyhound Lane & Streatham High Road and about 5 mins from the venue.

161 Greyhound Lane, London SW16 5NJ‎ - 020 8769 3622‎

Also about 2 mins south down Streatham High road is a large Sainsburys that has a cafe and that is open from 7.00am as well.

See you Saturday!

Posted Imagethegreenman

#163 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:55 AM

Just had a very kind offer from Nick.

He only lives 20 mins from the venue & has offered to fire up the barbeque & the big screen telly, so that course participants can come back to his after the course, have a burger and watch the match.

Naturally he needs to have some idea how many would want to come, so please PM me if you wish to take up this generous invitation.
Posted Imagethegreenman

#164 NickC

NickC

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:26 PM

Just had a very kind offer from Nick.

He only lives 20 mins from the venue & has offered to fire up the barbeque & the big screen telly, so that course participants can come back to his after the course, have a burger and watch the match.

Naturally he needs to have some idea how many would want to come, so please PM me if you wish to take up this generous invitation.

BBQ still on offer for course attendees - just realised match is on Sunday evening.... not Sat....

Edited by NickC, 08 July 2010 - 09:27 PM.

#165 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:02 PM

BBQ still on offer for course attendees - just realised match is on Sunday evening.... not Sat....

Think there is 3rd 4th place playoff, though I'm no football expert!
Posted Imagethegreenman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users