65 replies to this topic

#31 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:06 PM

MenShun fireworks have great labels and interesting names. They sell well too!

However, I spent £200 last November on the MenShun range but I was really disappointed with the effects. The smaller (and cheaper) Firework International cakes offered better much better value!

Spot on.

Actually, I would say some of the Men Shun effects were nice (albeit a bit "generic".) But yeah, head to head at RRP Fireworks International had the edge.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#32 Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

• UKPS Advertisers
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:11 PM

hi all all rumours true about the big 2 cosmic have set up again of which was certain but i think it will be hard for any suppliers to get any credit now so there will be a huge shortage of fireworks this year the only firework company seems to be moving in right direction is dancing red devil fireworks they always bring new products out each year and they have taken on new sales team any one needing stock should certainly call them well worth a call

Would you really want to buy from a company that still has the VERY OLD mode a & b regs on the backs of their brochures. Including their 2009.

Edited by mdj101, 23 April 2009 - 11:12 PM.

Regards.

Mark

Posted Image

#33 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:44 PM

Would

Just checked out your website and trip to China bit- some really cool pictures there- start a thread and tell us about it!

Edited by David, 23 April 2009 - 11:47 PM.

#34 Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

• UKPS Advertisers
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:36 AM

Just checked out your website and trip to China bit- some really cool pictures there- start a thread and tell us about it!

Hi David as soon as I get some time I will.
Regards.

Mark

Posted Image

#35 TGR

TGR

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:16 PM

Would you really want to buy from a company that still has the VERY OLD mode a & b regs on the backs of their brochures. Including their 2009.

That glaring error will be rectified asap :rolleyes:

#36 gunpowderplot

gunpowderplot

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:07 AM

cosmic fireworks have gone into liqudation but have re emerged as cosmic fireworks uk ltd.apparently a paper excerise to wipe off debts owed by them to the tax man and suppliers. wonder if i could get away with that as a indivuel!!!

#37 gunpowderplot

gunpowderplot

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:10 AM

men shun have pulled out of the uk market after takeing a very heavy debt in europe all stock has been sold to a company called spooks fireworks in scotland

#38 TGR

TGR

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:11 AM

men shun have pulled out of the uk market after takeing a very heavy debt in europe all stock has been sold to a company called spooks fireworks in scotland

No it hasn't. Interested to see where you got that "rumour" from. :rolleyes:

The name stock and sundries has been bought by Brightstar Fireworks. There is a possibility that Spook took stock that they had previously purchased. If any more info is needed on Men-Shun brand / stock then my suggestion would be to feel free to contact Brightstar directly.

Edited by TGR, 06 May 2009 - 10:30 AM.

#39 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:44 PM

Yeah, Men Shun, as a brand, will now marketed by Bright Star.

Up to them what they decide to do with it really- they might keep most of the range, or slim it down a lot and just keep a few notable lines.

#40 Mixologist

Mixologist

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:39 PM

I dont know if anyone knows of Jonathons fireworks in Leamington Spa??

Well they seem to have alot of MEn Shun on clearance, BOGOFS etc.... maybe they bought a few containers of stock....?!

#41 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:42 PM

Most places who sell Menshun do it on special offers/bogoffs etc, rarely sold at full rrp :)

#42 gunpowderplot

gunpowderplot

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:02 PM

talked to black cat today only to find that there reps have been made redundent so a regional manager is looking after accounts.they are saying that the pound against they dollar was poor and price hikes in transpoetation are to blame along with the poor season. this year sees no new material only re branded no trade shows and only a photo copy of there brouchure this year not there normal one............looks a bit bleak out there for some companys and black cat being one of the biggest....time willl see

#43 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:15 PM

I dont know if anyone knows of Jonathons fireworks in Leamington Spa??

Well they seem to have alot of MEn Shun on clearance, BOGOFS etc.... maybe they bought a few containers of stock....?!

Jordan's Fireworks in Leamington Spa? There is also a Jonathans, that is in Nuneaton.

#44 Mixologist

Mixologist

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:51 PM

yes. 2 different companies.

#45 TGR

TGR

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:46 PM

As far as I see it a lot of the repercussions we see now are a result of what Men Shun did in the early days.

Most companies would offer a fair discount to wholesalers and they in turn gave a fair deal to retailers....

Then we saw the likes of MS offering stupid discounts to wholesale in an attempt to cut in on the market, now wholesalers EXPECT 50% - 60% as a matter of course and with that in place we saw the massive upsurge in BOGOF lines. Weren't PANDA in 2007 offering something like trade less 75%.

The only people who benefitted were the retail customers, every one else in the food chain had to tighten belts and as a result some companies are now suffering.

As for BC getting rid of reps, this usually is a sign that the order books are full or signals the death knell as without the reps they won't get the orders in.....can't see it been the full order book option...can you? :huh:

Edited by TGR, 07 May 2009 - 11:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users