71 replies to this topic

#61 Mixologist

Mixologist

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:50 AM

MDF can be of varying strengths throughout it due to the manufacturing process.

For this reason to start with i`d go for something else, the last thing you want to be doing is repairing your racks all the time....

Just to re-iterate.

#62 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:07 PM

Another thing to consider when using MDF (and most plywoods for that matter) is that it splits quite readily parallel to the sheet, and that to get any strength you have to do mitred/stepmitred glue joints or loads of screws B)
Trying to do something very beautiful but very dangerous very safely....

#63 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:55 PM

Just to re-iterate.

Dont get me wrong, it's a valid point but the rack won't be used often (one-three times a year) and replacing the bottom peice once or twice wouldn't really bother me. As racks are made from wood, ply, metal, I was asking what people thought of MDF.

I'll just take Trevs "screwfix-it" idea :P
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#64 teaboy

teaboy

Ejects Stars and Bangs

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:43 PM

Sorry to drag this back from the past, but I've found these guys in France and I wondered if anyone had any experience of them/their equiptment? Looks pretty good to me. Any thoughts?

#65 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:09 PM

Never heard of the but I want some of the "spirale progressive tilt" units!

Not sure whether I've ever seen anything like this in action...

#66 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:28 PM

Sorry to drag this back from the past, but I've found these guys in France and I wondered if anyone had any experience of them/their equiptment? Looks pretty good to me. Any thoughts?

i like there foldaway racks, looking at there prices i can only see rental prices, no mention of selling the racks ect. wonder how much the racks could be brought for ?

#67 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:34 PM

I'm intrigued by the "many brides security" feature too. Is this intended for large wedding displays??
Trying to do something very beautiful but very dangerous very safely....

#68 teaboy

teaboy

Ejects Stars and Bangs

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:08 PM

I'm intrigued by the "many brides security" feature too. Is this intended for large wedding displays??

No, just for Mormon weddings

#69 MFE

MFE

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:41 PM

Hello,

I am the owner of the company MFE, from France.

Firstly, I must apologize for the bad translation (Concerning: Brides), in
French (Brides) I think it means : Lockbar Quick security

In response to your questions:

The spirales tilt are often used in horizontal or vertical
by Pirotecnia IGUAL (Spain) and Groupe F (France) with Comet single shot or with roman candles (small shells or mines), generally used in rapid succession. Depending on the angle and the fireworks products this effect is very nice, but do not overdo it! It'sa bit like a circle, but gradual and sometimes the effect in the sky (shells) really looks like a spiral!

Yes our equipment is only available for rental. Equipment unit is quite expensive but very reliable and a long life for rental usage, where these choices. Please contact our suppliers on our part for the prices.

All aluminium tools are made by Rovise SL in Spain, all these tools were designed and custom made for us, according to our ideas and our own
specifications, except:

-Aluminium Fan Support
-Spiral tilt
-Platform modular
-Universal platforms
-Large Fans for 1 Shot

The mortars tubes (alu & fiberglass) are from:

-Rovise SL (Spain)
-Vulcano (Spain)
-Pirotecnia Oscense (Spain)
-Europea SL (Spain)
-Lidu (China)
-Panda (China)

Resins stands (for 1 Shot) from:

iFire Systems (Philippines)
Focs d'Artifici Europla (Spain)

Computers and electronic firing system from:

Pyrotechnics Management Inc (USA)
iFire Systems (Philippines)
Focs d'Artifici Europla (Spain)
Firelabs (USA)

We currently have 4 FireLite XLII, 1 FireOne and 150 Firing Modules Rails with 32 cues (Max: 4800 Cues) (Model: Waterproof, compact, Airburst, customs, Splitters & Testers), all the hardware is in UltraFire mode and we use the Wireless FireOne + iShielded XLR Wire for FireOne.

Our flame projectors to 4 colors compatible FireOne comes from:

-Pyrolimited FireOne Malta (Malta)

Finally, our equipment for special effects comes from:

Universal Effects (France)

We work in France and worldwide with companies like Pirotecnia Igual (Spain) and Focs d'Artifici Europla (Spain) for most know, our material was very recently on the last festival Pyromusikale of Berlin in Germany

We can not sell these products because we are not distributors, we not currently have trade agreements with our suppliers. Thank you for your understanding.

Hoping to have answered your questions.

Excuse me for my bad english writing.

Kind Regards

Nicolas.L

Edited by MFE, 25 August 2009 - 10:50 PM.

#70 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:45 PM

Just to revive this old thread a little.

Yes I am aware of the debate of space or no space between Mortars, Wood or Metal.

Anyway...... Hear is a picture of the first few of mine off the production line (Read many many many hours in the workshop with my TIG welder)

I have tried to ensure that the design presents minimum surface to an exploding tube. The base is shorter than the plug in the mortar. The top and bottom positioning plates are laser cut with tangs for tieing off ematches, hooking QM under them and securing the Tubes in the Racks. The bottom plate is also laser cut and the rest is cut on my chop saw with many hours grinding out the ends of the box section to accept the round down sections. The whole lot is stainless steel.

A special thanks to the misses who has spent a few days brushing on hydrofluoric/nitric acid to clean the welds and helped chopping 300 or so bit of metal for these.

So here they are.....

Posted Image
Posted Image
Phew that was close.

#71 martyn

martyn

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:37 AM

They look fantastic!
I'm interested in your tangs - any chance of a closeup (oh err missus), or a description.
Also, what supports the base of the tubes? - can't imagine you'd use wood, ?ss box section.

#72 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

Impressive Gareth!

How do the racks of twelve interlock? and what are you using for ground anchoring?

Is this part of your manufacturing plans?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users