• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:26 AM

Chaps- think we are getting confused here. Two events have been known to occur, the AGM (which must occur) and the conference (which would be nice). We once had to combine the two, which was very undesirable, but explains the confusion.

Cooperman is looking into the possibility of having a last minute conference at a farm in Yorkshire this year. I'm looking into venues for the official AGM next year. I have recieved two excellent offers of venues in the South.

Digger, I take your point, but what is considered North or South depends alot on where you live! We have not ever had a major event South of London and we do have a lot of members down that way, which is why we were looking into that possibility... Certainly for 2011 (!) I think the AGM should venture far into the frozen North.
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#17 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:31 PM

I know of village hall type places, local to myself, that can be hired for around £100 (a base figure- give or take.) I've done Cat 3 at places like this myself, not sure about Cat 4?

Just a suggestion, anyway.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#18 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:24 PM

I know of village hall type places, local to myself, that can be hired for around £100 (a base figure- give or take.) I've done Cat 3 at places like this myself, not sure about Cat 4?

Just a suggestion, anyway.

Thanks David, please see my PM...
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#19 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:38 AM

Many thanks to those who offered possible venues for the AGM.

The committee have decided to go for Brightstar's venue in Woodstock, North of Oxford. The main reason was it's very central location, no slur on the other venues intended!

Please put this in your diary as a firm booking. It would be nice to beat the 35 or so people we had this year.
Posted Imagethegreenman

#20 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:29 AM

Many thanks to those who offered possible venues for the AGM.

The committee have decided to go for Brightstar's venue in Woodstock, North of Oxford. The main reason was it's very central location, no slur on the other venues intended!

Please put this in your diary as a firm booking. It would be nice to beat the 35 or so people we had this year.

2hr drive but will defiantly come. have we a confirmed date?

#21 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:09 PM

Phil,

Is there anyway the UKPS can send a reminder email or message to its members (or forum posters) nearer the time? (I think this will increase the numbers attending).

#22 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:16 PM

Good idea CPF - I will do...

Doh! Saturday 27th March - I put it on the website, but not here!

Time probably 14-00 to 20-00, but this to be confirmed, date is definite.
Posted Imagethegreenman

#23 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:10 AM

Just a reminder of this important date for your diary.

UKPS AGM
Arrive 13.30 to start 14.00 probably 'till about 20.00
Saturday 27th March 2010
The Marlborough School
Woodstock
Oxford

As well as the (short) official business of the day, there will be lectures, demos, a chance to chat and a spectacular fireworks display. Full details and timetable to follow soon.

Last year we had a turnout of over 30 which was our best ever. Can we make it more this year? Friends, family, significant others and pyro hangers-on all welcome, there is lots of space and the event is free. We are also inviting the Sixth Form of the school to the lectures and display.

Please do not contact the school direct - they will not be able to help you. Any questions etc, via this thread or pm one of the committee members.

Please come - it's your society!
Posted Imagethegreenman

#24 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:32 PM

Might be a good idea for everyone to set up there on-line CALENDARS....please do it tonight guys,...we want as many of you to turn up as possible!

Edited by crystal palace fireworks, 26 January 2010 - 05:33 PM.

#25 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:43 PM

I certainly intend to come along.

Also i've had a couple of thoughts on improving membership numbers. Perhaps a discounted membership fee for relatives of full members living at the same address (they can take it in turns to read spark) might be a incentive for people to join up their wives/girlfriends and children etc. The more names on the membership list the more clout when dealing with the various authorities concerned.

Perhaps discounted membership for small retailers offering discounts to UKPS members.

I realise this is something that should be discussed at the AGM but thought it may be better to mention it now as people (my self for instance) may be intending to renew/start their membership at the AGM

Lastly are you looking for any contributions for the display ? i know i asked this last year and you said no, but thought i'd better check again...
Yo Ho Ho, a pyro's life for me

#26 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:08 PM

Is there a curry house in the town?
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#27 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:26 PM

Just a reminder of this important date for your diary.

UKPS AGM
Arrive 13.30 to start 14.00 probably 'till about 20.00
Saturday 27th March 2010
The Marlborough School
Woodstock
Oxford

As well as the (short) official business of the day, there will be lectures, demos, a chance to chat and a spectacular fireworks display. Full details and timetable to follow soon.

Last year we had a turnout of over 30 which was our best ever. Can we make it more this year? Friends, family, significant others and pyro hangers-on all welcome, there is lots of space and the event is free. We are also inviting the Sixth Form of the school to the lectures and display.

Please do not contact the school direct - they will not be able to help you. Any questions etc, via this thread or pm one of the committee members.

Please come - it's your society!

I am looking forward to it.

#28 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:04 PM

Is there a curry house in the town?

Well Woodstock is near Oxford and I'm pretty sure there will be one there...
Posted Imagethegreenman

#29 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

MIExpE & Director - Illusion Fireworks Ltd

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:43 PM

Excellent, i will be there, as Woodstock is a 15 min drive from my house!

www.illusionfireworks.com - A SKY FULL OF MAGIC!

#30 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:35 PM

as ever if anyone wants any supplies bringing down then please say so. Pm me with any requests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users