67 replies to this topic

#16 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:42 PM

its very quiet here in bolton lancs,i know mini rockets etc have gone now, but last year there were a few small cakes going off here and there, i suspect its the recession , there's a lot more people out of work, on lower wages, or temping through agencies not knowing if they have a job next week,also increased fuel bills something has to give.

#17 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:49 PM

its very quiet here in bolton lancs,i know mini rockets etc have gone now

Long gone!

This year seems noticably quieter than the last few years.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#18 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:52 PM

Not a peep round here. :( Hopefully pick up next week.

#19 jindivik

jindivik

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:12 PM

its very quiet here in bolton lancs

bolton eh? i'm just down the road in Radcliffe :)

heard a few whistle-bang rockets, probably from the shops selling red devil/bad boy around here Posted Image

#20 Gigantic Crab!!!

Gigantic Crab!!!

Gigantic Crab!!!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:19 PM

Gigantic Crab!!! has heard the odd firework (mainly crackles) but not enough to float his boat, until the other day when he scuttled around a corner and detected the unmistakable odour of spent sparklers, which he is not afraid to admit did cause a little excitement. :blush:

#21 Floydman

Floydman

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:58 PM

Gigantic Crab!!! has heard the odd firework (mainly crackles) but not enough to float his boat, until the other day when he scuttled around a corner and detected the unmistakable odour of spent sparklers, which he is not afraid to admit did cause a little excitement. Posted Image

Hey how about UKPS patenting a new air freshner for the home "essence of blackpowder" ........ eh OK thats enough from me, back in my box Posted Image

#22 Gigantic Crab!!!

Gigantic Crab!!!

Gigantic Crab!!!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:05 PM

Hey how about UKPS patenting a new air freshner for the home "essence of blackpowder" ........ eh OK thats enough from me, back in my box Posted Image

Anything that will hide the scent of Rothmans from my landlord. :rolleyes:
Nah, it is always the smell that gets me going, which is odd for someone with no visable nose.

Mmmmmmmmmmm, sulphur. :wub:

#23 MiniChris

MiniChris

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:20 PM

A few going off here now, nothing major just small bang rockets. Wait till they hear mine! ;)

#24 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:39 PM

absolutely nothing in peterborough, i though i heard a bang today but when i went outside it was just a mouse farting. (easy to get confused with the new black powder bangs and mouse farts.) didn't have that problem when we has flash based products lol

on a serious note, it has been so quite, i mean even the local kids past years used to set of cakes during the day :rolleyes:(never will understand that lol) but nothing this year dead silence. what is the world coming to.

Edited by PyroPDC, 29 October 2009 - 11:39 PM.

#25 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:59 PM

Well, from Friday people will be having their "main" displays, plus there will be some public/organised ones too - I've seen a couple advertised locally, so probably there will be a few more things going off!

#26 Jon

Jon

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:10 AM

Going off the lack of noticable bursts in the sky and ambient bangs, this must be one of the most peaceful "silly seasons" for many year- or at least it seems this way round here.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing or a good thing- just making this as a point of observation.

Got to be a good thing. Means the kis cant afford/get a hold of fireworks. Were all feeling the pinch at the moment but I personally have doubled my budget. Not that I had meant to mind. I just cant help mself this time of year. :D

#27 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:37 AM

As life these days is so driven by centres of consumerism ie big shops! The drive for weeks has been Halloween because a supermarket can have whole aisles of halloween trash for sale for profit without the restrictions that apply to firework sales.

My Adsa will have a whole 10metre seasonal aisle stacked three level high with halloween tat and only one stall and one assistant selling fireworks.

Turnover vs hassle halloween has to be the commercial winner for shops that watch the turnover and profit for each foot of aisle space.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#28 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:41 PM

I saw a few bursts in the sky, but its POURING down here, so might be putting some people off!

#29 MiniChris

MiniChris

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:31 PM

Had a few rockets go off during the day today! And a few this evening, nothing special tho.

#30 Jon

Jon

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 02:35 AM

As life these days is so driven by centres of consumerism ie big shops! The drive for weeks has been Halloween because a supermarket can have whole aisles of halloween trash for sale for profit without the restrictions that apply to firework sales.

My Adsa will have a whole 10metre seasonal aisle stacked three level high with halloween tat and only one stall and one assistant selling fireworks.
s
Turnover vs hassle halloween has to be the commercial winner for shops that watch the turnover and profit for each foot of aisle space.

If only they saw the potential of fireworks. Yeah they can only store so much but if they were pro active in selling and had at least 1 person there with "the knowledge" then they would make a killing. They could restock as soon as they run low on stock.

Im glad they dont though. I personally dont benefit from annual retailers but dont want them to die out because supermarkets have a foot hold. I know supermarkets wont and they never will. B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users