415 replies to this topic

#1 Dan2310

Dan2310

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:35 PM

Hi,

I was around last year on the run up to Bonfire night, and I havnt forgot about this site, ive been checking out every few weeks since last year :)

Anyway, just thaught I would make a topic to ask about 2009 Supermarket fireworks.

So, does anyone know or have any clues of which brands supermarkets will be selling this year?
Last year BM Bargins had some good Men Shun stuff, but I hear that they have gone into administration, so i wonder what brand they will have? I hope they get some good stuff in again this year, I also hope Aldi have a good range this year!

Lidl, I baught the Cosmos cake for a reduced price for new year, and thaught it was great for the price, so I hope they have some of them again.

Thanks

#2 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:43 PM

Not sure if any of the soopermarkets will be doing Cosmic this year, I think several are doing TNT, and another is doing Standard.

If they are doing anything, I'd hazard a guess that B and Bargins will be doing Bright Star.

Where do you live? Is there not a decent proper fireworks shop nearby?

Edited by David, 06 October 2009 - 04:43 PM.

OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#3 Dan2310

Dan2310

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:48 PM

Not sure if any of the soopermarkets will be doing Cosmic this year, I think several are doing TNT, and another is doing Standard.

If they are doing anything, I'd hazard a guess that B and Bargins will be doing Bright Star.

Where do you live? Is there not a decent proper fireworks shop nearby?

Thanks for that,

I live in Liverpool, so I dont really know any decent ones around here :/

TNT, :/ not too happy with that brand, especially if its simmilar to the Asda selection.

#4 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:07 PM

Adverts are now up in Tesco for fireworks, saw them before and picked up a leaflet for Lidl, who have now finnally got a new range. It's TNT stuff, 2 boxes, 3 cakes and 2 rocket packs in the range.

Each item has a description on the leaflet and the prices are what you would expect from a supermarket £9.99 or 2 for £16 for example. B)

Advertised as on sale 15th October.

Edited by Prestonboi, 06 October 2009 - 05:08 PM.

#5 Dan2310

Dan2310

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:15 PM

Omg, Im exited lmao.

Love it when leaflets start to appear in the shops!

Thanks for the info.

#6 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:20 PM

Adverts are now up in Tesco for fireworks, saw them before and picked up a leaflet for Lidl, who have now finnally got a new range. It's TNT stuff, 2 boxes, 3 cakes and 2 rocket packs in the range.

you can hvae any colour you like, as long as it's black....

I'm not knocking you, Prestonboi, but this range sounds really limited. Why people limit themselves to just one of three cakes (presumably just at different price points) when there is such a good range to choose from at proper shops is beyond me.

Edited by David, 06 October 2009 - 05:20 PM.

#7 Gigantic Crab!!!

Gigantic Crab!!!

Gigantic Crab!!!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:30 PM

Gigantic Crab!!! asks: Warrington too far?

The Big Firework Shop

The owner is a good chap and a genuine enthusiast.

#8 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:30 PM

you can hvae any colour you like, as long as it's black....

I'm not knocking you, Prestonboi, but this range sounds really limited. Why people limit themselves to just one of three cakes (presumably just at different price points) when there is such a good range to choose from at proper shops is beyond me.

It's fine I was only saying whats in there, I wont be touching any of it, went to Epic this afternoon to get all my stuff.

#9 Dan2310

Dan2310

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:35 PM

Gigantic Crab!!! asks: Warrington too far?

The Big Firework Shop

The owner is a good chap and a genuine enthusiast.

Thanks for that! Nope its not too far, I might go and check it out actually, looks ok from the website :)

#10 Gigantic Crab!!!

Gigantic Crab!!!

Gigantic Crab!!!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:11 PM

Thanks for that! Nope its not too far, I might go and check it out actually, looks ok from the website :)

Gigantic Crab!!! suggests: sign up to the UKFR forum (now free) and ask him what he's got. His name is Ian but goes by the handle pyrotechnictigger.

#11 cpfireworks

cpfireworks

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:37 PM

nice bloke Ian and knows his stuff.. it will be worth the journey

#12 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 06:03 AM

It's fine I was only saying whats in there, I wont be touching any of it, went to Epic this afternoon to get all my stuff.

Good stuff! :D

So I guess it's nothing from the Preston seasonals for you either? :lol:

Years ago, Preston used to be a great town for fireworks shopping.

#13 jindivik

jindivik

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:44 AM

hello again! i only really post here around silly season every year Posted Image but i've been reading pretty much every day, interesting to see what new things David has to say!

on topic: i always but a cheap box or 2 from a supermarket, last year i think i got a box from morrisons & the fire pack from aldi & to be honest they were better than the big Men Shun box i got from a respected all-year seller (and cheaper too!)

What did you get from Epic Prestonboi? I'm making my trip in a couple of weeks, hate waiting for payday! I just hope they still have what i want or all my overtime will be wasted Posted Image

#14 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:49 AM

Good stuff! :D

So I guess it's nothing from the Preston seasonals for you either? :lol:

Years ago, Preston used to be a great town for fireworks shopping.

It did used to be good lol, I've learnt a few lessons over the past few years and decided not to get anything from seasonal shops in Preston this year.

What did you get from Epic Prestonboi? I'm making my trip in a couple of weeks, hate waiting for payday! I just hope they still have what i want or all my overtime will be wasted Posted Image

Hopefully they will have but they said what they have got now is it for Nov 5th once it's gone it's gone, only King Hell coming in.

I got Open Fire, Brothers Choice, Sky Thrillers, Raging Bull, 6 Machine, Devils Dungeon and plenty of other stuff.

Jindivik I think I remember what you got from last year, did you get the Penny For The Guy pack? I would recommend it, Companion box and 3 good packs of rockets for £39.99.

Edited by Prestonboi, 07 October 2009 - 10:49 AM.

#15 jindivik

jindivik

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:12 AM

Didn't buy any of the packs last year but this year i'm getting Guido's party pack (Brother's Companion, the new Black Cat All Night Party & some decent rockets) & the rest i'll pick & choose some extra rockets & cakes, was originally aiming to get there on the 24th but i might see if i can borrow my budget from the mrs & pay her back on payday Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users