415 replies to this topic

#31 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:00 PM

on a serious note them prices see a good credit crunch price.

Hard to tell , it depends on the performance of the items!
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#32 Dan2310

Dan2310

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:19 PM

Hmm, Im wondering wether Aldi will be having fireworks this year. http://www.aldi.co.u...m?WT.z_src=main They have put their special buys on for next Thursday, but no fireworks.

Maybe they may be on next Sundays special buys, hopefully!

#33 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:38 PM

Hard to tell , it depends on the performance of the items!

Quite right, I'm hoping they wont be really weak.

#34 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:42 PM

why doesn't somebody pop down, buy a box and film the dam things! it'll cut out all the speculation of "performance" any takers?

#35 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:45 PM

why doesn't somebody pop down, buy a box and film the dam things! it'll cut out all the speculation of "performance" any takers?

I know of one chap who is keen to review selection boxes, although I don't think he posts here. :)

Proper firework shops will often film their own stock, and upload videos- or at least be n a position to offer advice. The advantage of this of course being that the customer has a good idea about the firework's performance before buying them, removing the "pot luck" aspect.

Edited by David, 08 October 2009 - 07:48 PM.

OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#36 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:56 PM

you fancy the job david? i know you like photography how about wielding a camcorder in anger

#37 Dan2310

Dan2310

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:34 PM

Sorry for the double post but has anyone used The Firework Warehouse near St Helens?

Just I heard an advert on the local radio for it before, checked out their website, and they look quite good!

Im just looking for somewere to visit, rather than buying stuff from supermarkets.

#38 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:54 PM

I know of one chap who is keen to review selection boxes, although I don't think he posts here. :)

Proper firework shops will often film their own stock, and upload videos- or at least be n a position to offer advice. The advantage of this of course being that the customer has a good idea about the firework's performance before buying them, removing the "pot luck" aspect.

Not everybody is lucky enough to have a firework shop a sensible distance away,so they will buy from the supermarket etc,from here in the southwest i exspect it is a good 400 mile round trip to a firework shop.

#39 pmhcfc

pmhcfc

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:16 PM

Not everybody is lucky enough to have a firework shop a sensible distance away,so they will buy from the supermarket etc,from here in the southwest i exspect it is a good 400 mile round trip to a firework shop.

Aren't skyburst(.co.uk) in the SouthWest ? They do some really good DIY display packs if memory serves

Edited by pmhcfc, 08 October 2009 - 09:17 PM.

#40 pmhcfc

pmhcfc

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:25 PM

Sorry for the double post but has anyone used The Firework Warehouse near St Helens?

Just I heard an advert on the local radio for it before, checked out their website, and they look quite good!

Im just looking for somewere to visit, rather than buying stuff from supermarkets.

How far you willing to travel ? St Helens to Batley (Epics) can't be that far and very worth the journey!

(btw - just seen Morrisons fireworks for this year...All TNT)

Edited by pmhcfc, 08 October 2009 - 09:28 PM.

#41 Epic Fireworks

Epic Fireworks

Pyro Grand Master

• UKPS Advertisers
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 05:17 AM

Come on down mate. Posted Image

How far you willing to travel ? St Helens to Batley (Epics) can't be that far and very worth the journey!

(btw - just seen Morrisons fireworks for this year...All TNT)

Epic Fireworks
Wentworth Business Park
Maple Road
Tankersley
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
S75 3DL

Tel - 01226 749 587
Fax - 01226 361 858

#42 Dan2310

Dan2310

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 06:54 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the offer, and if it was me driving I definitly would be, but as its my mum, I can't see her going that far :/

#43 Daedalus

Daedalus

Me, I only do Cat. 3

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:13 AM

Sold from Thursday 15 October

TNT Fireworks (Same as last year)

http://www.lidl.co.u...91015.index.ar1

Selection Boxes
Super Star Selection Box £4.99
Blazing Skies Selection Box £14.99

Cakes
Sky Jubilee Roman Candle Battery £4.99
Purple People Eater Roman Candle Battery £9.99 (or 2 for £16.00)
Colour Explosion Roman Candle Battery £9.99 (or 2 for £16.00)

Rockets
StarBurst Rockets £4.99
War Hawk Rockets £9.99 (or 2 for £16.00)

Well, everyone seems to be ignoring the fireworks and criticising the poster. To add some balance:

Last year Lidl didn't stock TNT - it was Benstar and some of that was good value. Ths year the selection boxes are the same price as the equivalent last year, lots of fountains and at a guess best avoided. Rockets, I can't imagine this year are really worth buying with the new regs - certainly last years medium rockets were poor, and this year look as thought they are smaller still. The cakes - Purple People Eater at £9.99 - this is full RRP and available at that price from some of the all year dealers. No idea about the other two but all the cakes seem to be lots of crackles.

BTW the 2 for £16 isn't too bad as it is mix and match (given that the 3 fireworks in the offer appeal). I may well try a couple of the cakes as I have used the 90 and 32 shot cakes in my display for several years now - so I'll look at giving them the benefit of the doubt). Much of my display though is from year round suppliers :)

#44 RstredS

RstredS

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:38 AM

Anybody know what Costco are doing this year? Ok its not quite a supermaket, but still....

#45 Skyburst

Skyburst

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:12 AM

Aren't skyburst(.co.uk) in the SouthWest ? They do some really good DIY display packs if memory serves

We are indeed, and indeed we do!
Currently firing for Skyburst - The Firework Co.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users