• Please log in to reply
415 replies to this topic

#196 dark-sky76

dark-sky76

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:13 PM

Just sore in the sun newspaper Morrisons are now doing BOGOF on selection boxes... i know there not the best around but its a good deal compared to other supermarkets to what there offering..

#197 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:10 PM

Edited by Prestonboi, 05 October 2010 - 09:36 AM.

#198 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:16 PM

Just sore in the sun newspaper Morrisons are now doing BOGOF on selection boxes... i know there not the best around but its a good deal compared to other supermarkets to what there offering..

I saw a feature in the Sun the other day advertising 'good' fireworks and food from Supermarkets and going through the best deals.

Very pleasing to see a paper encouraging using fireworks at home on Bonfire Night.

#199 dark-sky76

dark-sky76

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:36 PM

http://www.morrisons...stic-fireworks/

MORRISONS OFFICIAL FIREWORK FLYER.

#200 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:25 PM

Warp Factor 100 £25
This 8 pack assortment is big, spectacular and very noisy – dad's choice.

New spec rockets?

Edited by Prestonboi, 01 November 2009 - 05:26 PM.

#201 andyliv78

andyliv78

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:54 PM

The Netto 20 shot space fight cakes are excellent, worth £2.49 of anyones money. Pretty weighty thing with 20 nice shots, 20mm bore. Got another few today ;)

#202 Dan2310

Dan2310

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:58 PM

I also highly reccomend these cakes!

For just £2.50 you can't go wrong. Our local netto is out of stock though, so only got one :(

#203 andyliv78

andyliv78

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:05 PM

Oops! The small colour pearl flower was OK too, not quite as fun as the space fight. Also impressed with the little powder kegs too.

#204 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:19 PM

Just noticed that TNT mark their selection box fountains with a date. I have two here from the same box, one is 09 , one is 04!
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#205 pdt23293

pdt23293

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:45 AM

:-( I was afraid of this. Got two packs of them already but definitely won't be getting any more. Did it have any effect to speak of? Looks like the only decent rockets I've got this year are the Kimbolton Medusa ones, all the others being Lidl TNT and Sainsbury's Standard.

Hi can you please let me know just how bad the War Hawk rockets are as I have 2 packs from Lidls.....always buy my rockets from there as usually very good.

#206 ChrisP

ChrisP

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:44 AM

Hi can you please let me know just how bad the War Hawk rockets are as I have 2 packs from Lidls.....always buy my rockets from there as usually very good.

I will be firing mine on Saturday (weather permitting). I can let you know what they're like after then if that's not too late. I know at least one poster here has tested them, though.

#207 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:47 AM

I wouldn't buy any rockets from Lidl after the awful Gold Medal Rockets I had on New Years Eve, they were really bad. Shame because they did used to have some good ones.

#208 ChrisP

ChrisP

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:52 AM

I wouldn't buy any rockets from Lidl after the awful Gold Medal Rockets I had on New Years Eve, they were really bad. Shame because they did used to have some good ones.

We had some Gold Medal rockets last year and to say we were disappointed would be an understatement. However, the Blue Apollo rockets they were selling (£10 for 5 and then slightly cheaper for New Year) were excellent.

#209 pdt23293

pdt23293

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:13 PM

We had some Gold Medal rockets last year and to say we were disappointed would be an understatement. However, the Blue Apollo rockets they were selling (£10 for 5 and then slightly cheaper for New Year) were excellent.

Yes the Blue Apollo were stunning, I had 5 packets last year. I strolled into Lidls and bought the biggest rockets as normal, only when I got home did I realise they were 5M fireworks. I actually called Lidls and they said that TNT tested these late and decided they were okay for 5M. I am also having display Saturday, I know that will not be amazing, but just wondered if anyone could comment on thoughts whether they are acceptable or not?

#210 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:10 PM

Yes the Blue Apollo were stunning, I had 5 packets last year. I strolled into Lidls and bought the biggest rockets as normal, only when I got home did I realise they were 5M fireworks.

1.4G rockets have a maximum of 20g NEC -thats the maximum for the rocket, not the burst. If you want display rockets, look at "pyromeshed" stuff, old spec rockets, or 1.3G.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users