• Please log in to reply
415 replies to this topic

#331 Dan2310

Dan2310

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:24 PM

he actualy says he worked their mmm! just out of interest how come your setting of 25 carate how come not ipanema as ipanema is the best in my opinion

I know but, I meant I was joking in the way that I said 'he only works there its not his shop' lol

And hmm I dont know wether I should fire and Ipanema or 25 carat Im still undecided!

#332 Sl7

Sl7

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:02 PM

Birthday = Ipanema :ph34r:

#333 ChrisP

ChrisP

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:17 PM

A lot of people have been recommending me the Terminal Velocity rockets from Aldi (£9.99 for 16) - apparently they're really good for new spec rockets. Just wondering - has anyone on here tried them and has anyone tried the Aldi Sky Shuttle rockets (which are £19.99 for 20)?

#334 Sl7

Sl7

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:27 PM

I looked at the Sky Shuttle pack because it seems to contain the Terminal Velocity Rockets (that are getting rated) PLUS bigger versions of the same, could be the way to go but I haven't actually seen any of them fired. Would be interested too. ;)

#335 ChrisP

ChrisP

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:51 PM

Are you by any chance Si7 from the MoneySavingExpert thread ? ;-)

It's odd how many people seem to rave about the Terminal Velocity pack but no-one even mentions the Sky Shuttle pack. I am quite keen to try the Liberator pack, although I'm wondering whether it's as good value as Night Star's Barrage Blast pack, which costs £14.99 at my local seasonal shop and contains 12 barrages. I had it last year and some were really quite impressive, especially when you consider it works out at about £1.25 a barrage.

#336 Sl7

Sl7

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:20 PM

Yes, that's me :) Signed up here last year, hadn't found MSE then :D

I think the Sky Shuttle is the better value for money pack even though it's twice the price - Terminal Velocity has 5 x Meteor, 5 x "Shutt" or something & 5 x Comet, all small rockets (think the Comet's bigger than the other two). Sky Shuttle has the same well rated 5 x Meteor & 5 x Comet THEN 5 x much larger Ranger Star Burst & 5 x even bigger Explorer Star Burst all for just £10 more. Still, haven't seen any of these fired, only going by hearsay, although saying that I believe this is a Terminal Velocity in action :

Don't suppose you have a pic of the Night Star Barrage Pack from anywhere?

#337 ChrisP

ChrisP

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:15 AM

Yes, that's me :) Signed up here last year, hadn't found MSE then :D

I think the Sky Shuttle is the better value for money pack even though it's twice the price - Terminal Velocity has 5 x Meteor, 5 x "Shutt" or something & 5 x Comet, all small rockets (think the Comet's bigger than the other two). Sky Shuttle has the same well rated 5 x Meteor & 5 x Comet THEN 5 x much larger Ranger Star Burst & 5 x even bigger Explorer Star Burst all for just £10 more. Still, haven't seen any of these fired, only going by hearsay, although saying that I believe this is a Terminal Velocity in action :

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6H2CNAR2-ks

Don't suppose you have a pic of the Night Star Barrage Pack from anywhere?

I do have photos of the Night Star Barrage Blast pack (took a few with my digital camera last year) but not sure how to upload them here. There is a small image here: fourth from bottom. It says r.r.p. £24.99 but my local seasonal shop does it for £14.99. I think most of the r.r.p.s on Night Star's website are unrealistically high, so that retailers can advertise them as 'half price' etc.

As regards the Aldi rockets - I'm wondering whether those bigger rockets are actually better, or whether it's just more empty packaging. I'm a bit wary about spending £20 on a pack of TNT rockets given how awful the ones Lidl were selling last year were, I wish someone could just post a review of the Sky Shuttle pack!!!

Edited by ChrisP, 24 October 2010 - 01:25 AM.

#338 c.brad

c.brad

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:18 AM

erm... quick question about night star how do you know hoe much a case is?

#339 Sl7

Sl7

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:33 AM

I do have photos of the Night Star Barrage Blast pack (took a few with my digital camera last year) but not sure how to upload them here. There is a small image here: fourth from bottom. It says r.r.p. £24.99 but my local seasonal shop does it for £14.99. I think most of the r.r.p.s on Night Star's website are unrealistically high, so that retailers can advertise them as 'half price' etc.

As regards the Aldi rockets - I'm wondering whether those bigger rockets are actually better, or whether it's just more empty packaging. I'm a bit wary about spending £20 on a pack of TNT rockets given how awful the ones Lidl were selling last year were, I wish someone could just post a review of the Sky Shuttle pack!!!

Night Star Barrage Pack does look OK in the pics, hard to be sure on performance, did the box feel heavy? Not a great indicator but a start. Also can you see the bore of the cakes? If they are the 8mm type you'll just be seeing quiet comets, no bombettes, which are OK but might become repetative. The six cakes in the middle do look very similar too.

I hear you on the rockets, there's a lot of air headed rockets nowaday, bigger isn't any indication of better. Surely somebody on the internet has fired on of these somewhere :D

#340 Sl7

Sl7

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:37 AM

erm... quick question about night star how do you know hoe much a case is?

The case/carton quantity is the amount of items in an outer carton for wholesale purposes, in the case of the Night Star Barrage Blast Pack there's 6 packs in an outer cardboard case. I presume you can buy them seperately though.

#341 Dan2310

Dan2310

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:04 PM

I set off one of my 25 carats last night. Amazing! Also set off cube items etc and to be honest you could hear the difference in the bangs but not by a lot! The way that 25 carat fills the sky just makes up for this. A VERY good firework and thats before you consider the price! When asked noone that was watching my display guessed that item was a supermarket firework and more importantly just £6.

Because of this Im going back to Lidl tomorrow or Tuesday to buy another 1 of each cake @ £12 for 2.

Will post in the other topic with reviews etc for each firework and how my display went!

#342 ChrisP

ChrisP

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:00 PM

The case/carton quantity is the amount of items in an outer carton for wholesale purposes, in the case of the Night Star Barrage Blast Pack there's 6 packs in an outer cardboard case. I presume you can buy them seperately though.

Yeah you can buy them separately; that website is, as you say, just for wholesale purposes. If anyone lives in the Surrey/Greater London area then the Worcester Park seasonal shop are selling quite a large range of Night Star fireworks (as they do every year), amongst which is the Barrage Blast pack for £14.99. I can't remember a great deal about it but I do remember being very impressed considering the price, and the effects were not just comets there were some pretty decent bursts in there as well.

I've just come back from Aldi and have gone with the Liberator barrage pack and the Terminal Velocity rockets (didn't want to pay the extra tenner for the other rocket pack in the end, considering how much I've already spent on fireworks!!).

#343 John C

John C

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:57 PM

I brought one of each of the selection boxes from lidl the weco ones and one each of the roecket packs the cakes was sold out but I thought I would try it that big selection box looks good that big box is £12.99 tescos big standard fireworks box is £40 get one free in Lidl there is a 2 for 12 offer so I got the small rocket pack and the small selection pack for £12 the whole lot came to £25 as I had a 5 pound off voucher all that in tescos would come to £65 big saving

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by John C, 25 October 2010 - 07:02 PM.

#344 ChrisP

ChrisP

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:04 PM

That's a shame the Lidl cakes were sold out - did they say whether they'd be getting any more in?

#345 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:13 PM

Think I will have to top up my stash with a couple of 25 Carat's seeing as I didn't pick anything up from the Firework Warehouse. Might get Fire Fighter aswell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users