dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:08 PM

Posted Image
morrisons selection this year

Edited by dr thrust, 22 October 2011 - 04:09 PM.

#392 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:14 PM

Has anyone tried or seen the contents of the wonderland selection or dreamland selection?
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#393 John C

John C

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:47 PM

Just been into Tesco to have a look at their fireworks , not really very impressed with them. They over priced for what they are.... There is however a place in wembley selling Brightstar on a buy one get 2 free deal will be taking a trip there at the end of the week Posted Image

Well yes falcon cash and carry (open to the public) in Leicester sell same as Tescos but at half the price those big £40 selection boxes in Tescos are £20 there buy one get 2 free in falcons

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by John C, 24 October 2011 - 09:05 PM.

#394 John C

John C

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:36 PM

What is the best selection box you can buy for under £40 and the best rockets pack for under £20 im in Leicester any goos firwworks shops there

#395 SamCT

SamCT

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:30 PM

Prices this year on Standard pyro are up due to a whole shipment of their stock going down into the sea just outside of china.

If any of you are near to Northampton, or don't mind a drive I'd recommend 'Amazing Fireworks' in Daventry, they have loads of stuff there, and alot of 1.3g pyromeshed rockets. I've bought all of my fireworks from them for the past 3 years. Richard and Louise there literally live for fireworks, they hand pick everything that is in the shop so there is never any disappointment in what you buy.

www.amazingfireworks.co.uk

www.facebook.com/amazingfireworks

Sam

Edited by SamCT, 25 October 2011 - 06:31 PM.

#396 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:59 PM

I've been to JTF and bought a ship load for £80 today, they look quality.
http://www.jtfmegadi...arehouse.co.uk/
Our saviours : In the ninth century, a team of Chinese alchemists trying to synthesize an "elixir of immortality" from saltpeter, sulfur, realgar, and dried honey instead invented gunpowder.

#397 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:34 PM

make sure to post yer stashes chaps ;)

#398 ROCKETMAN007

ROCKETMAN007

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

I am looking to buy the Hydro selection box, Blast off 24 shot cake and the Crystal Shot tubes from tesco does anyone know they are like or have any feedback with regards to quality.

Thanks

Edited by ROCKETMAN007, 01 November 2011 - 05:37 PM.

#399 John C

John C

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:23 PM

I am looking to buy the Hydro selection box, Blast off 24 shot cake and the Crystal Shot tubes from tesco does anyone know they are like or have any feedback with regards to quality.

Thanks

I had the shot tubes last year they wss ok the family enjoyed them and this year theyre buy one get one free they say there an alternitive to rockets I get stuff at Tescos because I work there and get discount and points the selection boxes are same as boxes sold at standard fireworks own shop but in differnt packageing

I got the ecclipse box and the velocity box as my free one I also got the 2 pack catherine wheel the crystal shot tubes and got the crystal rocket pack 2 free also went for the Asteroid 16 shot cake for an extra £8

I like them but there not for the likes of some of the people on this fiorum who like the bigger more expensive stuff but if you have not a lot of money go for it as no one has surgested a better value alternitive

#400 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:35 AM

JTF are doing fireworks again. Personnaly I've found their service and selection to be a bit crap -ie not everything in, random and untrained assistants etc but none the less they do have some decent fireworks and demo nights.

They have some decent looking meshed rockets I might try.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#401 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:59 PM

Went to the JTF demo- pretty typcial JTF stuff- although to be fair it's not bad at the price. They didn't fire any rockets, though, which is a shame - would have liked to see the meshed rockets in action.

#402 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

Spent £80 for starters at JTF yesterday. Tesco obviously don't want to make much on fireworks this year.
Our saviours : In the ninth century, a team of Chinese alchemists trying to synthesize an "elixir of immortality" from saltpeter, sulfur, realgar, and dried honey instead invented gunpowder.

#403 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:58 PM

Unfortunatly, Tesco will make a fortune. Their MO seems to be to sell avergae quality stuff on phoney "deals," and it seems to work. If they offered deep fried monkeys cocks on buy one get one free the English lower middle class would be queueing up to buy them.

#404 Floydman

Floydman

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

Unfortunatly, Tesco will make a fortune. Their MO seems to be to sell avergae quality stuff on phoney "deals," and it seems to work. If they offered deep fried monkeys cocks on buy one get one free the English lower middle class would be queueing up to buy them.

Deep fried monkeys cocks. Are these not a delicacy in China :o

#405 megabusa

megabusa

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:07 AM

Deep fried monkeys cocks. Are these not a delicacy in China :o

They are a bit too chewy for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users