• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16 pyromaniac303

pyromaniac303

• UKPS Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:54 PM

This may be good for a buildup to a finale: Celldweller - Ursa Minor

No lyrics to offend anyone and its a mix of music types so you're unlikely to get complaints. Really depends on the pace of your display, but at only 1:44 you have time for a slower track or 2 at the beginning.
You can never have a long enough fuse...

#17 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:02 PM

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll check out those Youtubes when I'm back home. It's always a difficult one when you're trying to cope with an audience with a wide age range.
Trying to do something very beautiful but very dangerous very safely....

#18 Floydman

Floydman

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:03 PM

The finale has to surely be "Auld Lang Syne" !
A traditional version or perhaps a raunchy version - "Runrig" do a good electric rendition.

#19 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:51 AM

About to head up to Firework Factory in Lancaster to get some pyro, not having Bulldog rubbish again or supermarket stuff for New Year, just a couple of cakes will do nicely.

#20 parachutelight

parachutelight

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:27 PM

Just been to Stealth Fireworks at Totton for my New Year fireworks.Got a Magellan rocket for midnight and six cakes and a mine for the display,also got two rocket packs from Lidl to fill in between.I also have a few bits in store from November,should last about 30 minutes,i always like to see in the new year with a nice little show,hope the weather holds,not looking too good at the moment down South!

#21 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:37 PM

Spent £50 in Firework Factory before on some Fireworks for New Years Eve. There wasn't much left by all acounts but still managed to get a few things, only got in as they were about to shut. Had a budget of £40-£50.

Got 2 Brothers Free Fall 15 shot cakes (2 for £20).

Brothers Ultimate Battle of Colours 12 shot cake. £5.

100 shot TNT whistle and bang pen lid cake. £5.

And out of what was left in the shop I was recommended a Kimbolton Roman Candle, 70 shot I think, called Emerald Dragonflies which I got for £20.

First time I've had any Kimbolton firework so looking forward to firing that. Also the new Brothers cakes I'm wary about, new Reg but surely can't be that bad. I nearly got Two 25 shot Royal Party Cakes instead of the Kimbolton candle but wasn't sure about them.

Overall pleased with what I've got, throw in a few packs of Sparklers left over from Bonfire Night and it's a good little stash for New Years Eve and I'm sure anything will be better than our stuff from last New Year!

Posted Image

Edited by Prestonboi, 28 December 2009 - 06:45 PM.

#22 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:29 PM

Bloody hell, its tonight! I'd better see what I can find! :D
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#23 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:32 PM

Also the new Brothers cakes I'm wary about, new Reg but surely can't be that bad.

From what I have seen, they are very good.

#24 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:02 PM

From what I have seen, they are very good.

I was after some of the others but the Brothers ones I have are all that was left, Free Fall seems a good size although Ultimate Battle of Colours is window dressed.

#25 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:19 PM

although Ultimate Battle of Colours is window dressed.

That could be to fit Cat 2 specifications, though (is it Cat 2- I'm not 100% sure.)

For £5 it's a good deal.

Edited by David, 31 December 2009 - 01:19 PM.

#26 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 09:41 AM

I was well impressed with our stuff last night. Could hardly tell the difference with the new reg cakes, they still had a bang and a big burst.

Fired in this order...

Free Fall
100 shot pen lid
Ultimate Battle of Colours
Kimbolton Emerald Dragonflies
Free Fall

Free Fall was brilliant, fired 1 of them first at midnight good bangs and effects and the ending of 5 shots at once is great. :) Ultimate Battle of Colours was the highlight, only a small 12 shot but very big bursts for it's size with whistling tails and good bangs.

The Kimbolton Candle was ok but seemed to be over quick had great humming effects. 100 shot pen lid was a bit more mad than I thought it would be, loads of shots up at once. Obviously the fireworks weren't as loud as the big flashpowder stuff from Bonfire Night but they were loud enough.

Highlight of the night had to be us entertaining the neighbourhood, sort of, hardly any other fireworks going off, nearest about 5 or 6 streets away, there were people out on their gardens actually waiting for us to fire our stuff! How did they know we had fireworks? :blink::ph34r::blush:

Have we got the reputation as fireworks nutters of the neighbourhood now? It was as if people just expected our house to let fireworks off. :P There were people cheering and shouting ''MORE!'' from their gardens. :D

Oh well top night, brilliant fireworks pleased with every one of them and the weather was perfect. Thanks to Firework Factory in Lancaster and roll on Bonfire Night 2010!

Happy New Year everyone. B)

Edited by Prestonboi, 01 January 2010 - 09:49 AM.

#27 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 10:48 AM

Didn't hear near as much pyro last night compared to the following year, was actually very boring.
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#28 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:20 AM

There wasn't much going off round here but heard loads on the skyline.

Had my camera with me last night so heres a video of Ultimate Battle of Colours...

And one of Free Fall...

#29 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:56 AM

Quite a lot of pyro around here! (S London)

Shot a couple a cakes to cries of more! more! from the neighbours - wonders will never cease.

Edited by phildunford, 01 January 2010 - 11:57 AM.

Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#30 parachutelight

parachutelight

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 01:26 PM

I fired all my stuff at midnight,a lot going off all evening round here! Started with the Magellan rocket,excellent ring of loud reports to welcome the new year!Then fired several Brothers cakes including Tivoli,Guinevere,Starring and Spinmaster,all great!
Fired smaller T.N.T.rockets in between and finished with a Cube Mine of Diamonds,really loud whistle with crackle burst followed by loud crackling shellbursts followed by a large Ball- Head rocket also with crackle burst and a whistle bang rocket to finish the display whch took 15 minutes.Weather perfect but cold.
Iwould like to wish all forum members a very Happy New Year and here's to November 5th 2010!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users