38 replies to this topic

#16 Mixologist

Mixologist

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:22 PM

Ah, OK, but I think to be honest his question was "What is the biggest available rocket to the public available through legal means."

Yes, and what i am saying is there are companies that will ship you old 1.3G rockets to you whether they are pyromeshed or not. And it is not your fault if they do it, it is on them to do it correctly and i know of a company that does what i said which saves you the drive.... I do not promote this, and i only know it happens as they sent me an order like this. But for this man it may be beneficial..... and i was just asking another question on the same thread of i wonder if anyone else does this as it may be beneficial to him also....

Edited by Mixologist, 06 January 2010 - 09:24 PM.

#17 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:40 AM

it happens, probably more often than people would like to admit :(

#18 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:52 AM

But for this man it may be beneficial..... and i was just asking another question on the same thread of i wonder if anyone else does this as it may be beneficial to him also....

But its an illegal practice. If people come on here asking for advice about consumer fireworks, it's best to offer advice within the law, including laws regarding transportation.

The fact that you personnally, as the consumer , might not be breaking the law is besides the point.

Edited by David, 08 January 2010 - 12:00 PM.

OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#19 Mixologist

Mixologist

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:03 PM

But its an illegal practice. If people come on here asking for advice about consumer fireworks, it's best to offer advice within the law, including laws regarding transportation.

The fact that you personnally, as the consumer , might not be breaking the law is besides the point.

I said i do not condone it and i didnt say who the supplier was, although im sure you know as youre a big fan...

I wonder who else does this though?

Main topic: I think the Kimbolton Mammoths are pretty awesome.

#20 Floydman

Floydman

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:44 PM

I said i do not condone it and i didnt say who the supplier was, although im sure you know as youre a big fan...

I wonder who else does this though?

Main topic: I think the Kimbolton Mammoths are pretty awesome.

I really dont think reputable all year rounders would take such a risk - would they ?

What would be the penalty if they did and how difficult would it be to actually prove ?

#21 Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

• UKPS Advertisers
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:30 PM

Unfortunately there are companies that will do this and WORSE!

What they risk is the whole industry not being able to use a courier for shipping fireworks.

People that send 1.3g masked as 1.4g are commiting a crime and putting the whole industry in jepody, I would like to see companies that do this lose their ability to use their courier account.

But then i've heard stories of companies boxing up fireworks, marking them as a nest of tables and sending them by Royal Mail to places like Scotland as they don't want to pay the hefty courier charges!

Unfortunately it's these people that jepodise the WHOLE industry.
Regards.

Mark

Posted Image

#22 Night Owl

Night Owl

Shell

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:26 PM

Guys! Fireworks jus like ANY other industry has loop holes and rule benders, for want of a better word, lets not get into slagging our own industry off.

#23 pjalchemist

pjalchemist

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:22 PM

Right hang on,

1.3G is collection only unless pyromeshed (still no idea what this is or looks like) and delivered by courrier

1.4G can be sent without all this pyromesh

#24 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:23 AM

Right hang on,

1.3G is collection only unless pyromeshed (still no idea what this is or looks like) and delivered by courrier

1.4G can be sent without all this pyromesh

1.3G CAN be delvered, but its more difficult for a number of reasons. As a general rule (I know of no exceptions- please correct me if I'm wrong), unless you are buying in case/wholesale quantities, you do need to pick up 1.3G from the shop directly.

A pyromeshed firework is a 1.4G firework, whilst in its mesh, so it can be delivered. As long as it's "meshed" it's classed as 1.4G.

A non meshed rocket could certainly be 1.4G (there are lots of 1.4G rockets on the market that don't require mesh to be 1.4G,) but due to the regulations, it's performance would be very tame.

But for big rockets, four options:

1. Buy 1.3G by the caseload, and have it delivered. Be aware of the NEC, and also the NEC of any other fireworks you have at home.
2. Go to a shop directly, and pick up 1.3G directly.
3. Find a seller who delivers pyromeshed big rockets and have them delivered.
4. Buy pyromeshed rockets directly from the shop. The advantage of this is that it saves delivered costs.

Be aware, too, that the law regarding personal storage of 1.3G differs from the 1.4G. What sort of quantity are you thinking of buying?

Be aware, too that "1.3G" and "Pyromeshed" are storage/transportation classifications. They don't, in and of themselves, guarantee that a rocket will be any good!!

Edited by David, 11 January 2010 - 12:28 AM.

#25 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:03 PM

Biggest (and best) rocket I fired this year was Hawk, from Marvel (Epic.)

You Tube

It's 1.3G , so you would need to pick it up, or they could deliver 50 for you.

#26 Floydman

Floydman

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:04 PM

Guys! Fireworks jus like ANY other industry has loop holes and rule benders, for want of a better word, lets not get into slagging our own industry off.

Agreed - like some tossers need an excuse to ban the decent loud fireworks and leave us with the crisp bag pop shite Posted Image

#27 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:24 PM

Agreed - like some tossers need an excuse to ban the decent loud fireworks and leave us with the crisp bag pop shite Posted Image

To be fair, it looks like the era of the Crisp bag pop shite has passed, more or less.

I hope.

The brands I saw bring new 1.4G in in 2009 are at least making a decent bang- Brothers, Royal Party, Bright Star. It isn't as loud as the older stuff, but it's a massive improvement on the 2007 "new spec" stuff- the real disaters- which seem to more or less have passed through now.

#28 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:58 PM

Dont get all this pyromesh crap if that firework was to go off say bye bye to the pyromesh and hello to expanda shrapnel mesh,I may just trademark that :)! I really dont know where or how the government or HSE get information stating that such packaging can make a real difference as this excess packaging puts more strain on suppliers as I am sure it costs more. This is just another way for the government to put more control on fireworks and decrease the industry once again. Any pictures of this pyromesh stuff? I would assume it is some sort of wood frame with metal mesh nailed to it?
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#29 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:36 PM

Dont get all this pyromesh crap if that firework was to go off say bye bye to the pyromesh and hello to expanda shrapnel mesh,I may just trademark that :)! I really dont know where or how the government or HSE get information stating that such packaging can make a real difference.

They can say it makes a real difference as it has to be tested to the HSE guidelines to PROVE that it does in fact act as a 1.4g item when packaged in this manner. This means videoed bonfire tests as I am sure you are aware.

When we went to Kimbolten last year the rev showed us one of his pyromesh containers that had been burned for one such test (1 cubic meter container for shops to store 1.3g as 1.4g)
Phew that was close.

#30 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:25 PM

So who come up with the idea for this pyromesh product?
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users