#16 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:40 PM

English Heritage
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#17 RFD

RFD

RFD

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:07 AM

Just to keep the ball rolling,will bung in a ton as well,its only up the road for me (sort of) so just waiting on the "when",Phil.

#18 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:43 AM

RFD many thanks mate - another one for the wall of fame!

BTW everyone, if you can, cheques would be better than Paypal, as we loose some money to Paypal fees.

Details on the project website:

Project Website

but to repeat here,

Cheques made payable UK Pyrotechnics Society please and send to:

UKPS
41 Kelmscott Road
London
SW11 6QX

Thanks everyone...
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#19 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 04:18 PM

Also, now heart-felt thanks to Regimental Pyro for a £100 donation.

This is a really fabulous start to the appeal! It means that as soon as we have sorted out the practicalities with UOG we will be able to start the recovery phase.

BRILLIANT!
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#20 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 05:28 PM

Hi guys, sorry if I have not sent some of you personal messages of thanks (I ve been quite busy as you can imagine),...I just want to say a big thank you to everyone who have kindly gave there generous support to this project so far,...its really appreciated by myself, Phil, and Chris Dunford.

Just a quick thought,.......if any of you have Youtube pages, please could you spend a little time contacting your friends or subscribers to spread the word about Amberley!

Cheers

Keith

#21 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:24 AM

Does anyone own/have access to a lorry/van that we could use for a couple of days (with you driving!) to move recovered materials from Dartford to Amberley? We've already had an offer from Fruitful Steve, but we don't want to overload his Sprinter.

A big box van or a flatbed builders lorry would be ideal. The biggest material is likely to be about 8 foot long and 3 foot wide (corrugated iron sheets).

We can hire if neccessary, but we'd like to keep costs down if we can.

The job will probably be at a weekend and hopefully sometime in the next 4-6 weeks.

Please PM me if you can help...
Posted Imagethegreenman

#22 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:22 PM

To all supporters of the Fireworks Museum Project.

I thought you might like to know the current situation.

The appeal has started well and we have now collected in the region of £1000. We have also made many excellent contacts and received many offers of help.

We are however experiencing a frustrating wait.

After having received (and approved) our method statement and risk assessment for removal of the huts from Joyce Green, the University of Greenwich (current owners of the site) have informed us that the sale of the site to a new company has been agreed (but not yet signed). In these circumstances, they cannot allow us to remove anything until the agreement of this (unknown) third party has been obtained. They stress that there is no reason why the current agreement will not be honoured (the buyers will presumably have no interest in the material on the site), but we cannot go ahead until they agree at director level. We have no access to the staff in these positions, so can only wait for this internal discussion to take place - which we have now been doing for the last 10 days. We have been keeping in touch, but there is no point in us nagging people who are not in a position to make the actual decision.

The worst possible outcome would be if the new owners do not agree to our plan. If this was to happen, our position will be to construct replica buildings at Amberley, rather than move the old ones. This was always a possibility if the Joyce Green material proved to be in very poor condition. It will still result in an excellent and unique Firework Museum, but it is certainly not our preferred course of action.

Given the generous donations we have received so far, we thought it only fair to keep you all informed.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Phil Dunford (for UKPS)

Posted Imagethegreenman

#23 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:58 PM

Dam it I assume the new buyers are a housing development of some sort meaning the site will more likely get flattened.
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#24 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:28 AM

Dam it I assume the new buyers are a housing development of some sort meaning the site will more likely get flattened.

Its a frustrating case of wait and see,...given the proximity and condition of the land, and the narrow restrictive access to the site (road). I would be very surprised if its a housing developer, remember (as I write this post), nothing has been signed.

Whatever the outcome, even if we have to replicate the Wells sheds, they will be built as acurately and asthetically pleasing to the originals as possible at Amberley!

#25 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:31 AM

sods law that the site has been sitting there for years and when the ukps has some interest in the site someone decides to buy it. i thought the whole site was contaminated or something which is why nobody has had interest in the past.

Edited by PyroPDC, 18 February 2010 - 03:31 AM.

#26 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:29 AM

We have no solid facts, but there are indications that the buyer is just going to hold on to the land until it's value increases. I am however assuming the worst and trying to get things moving ASAP.
Posted Imagethegreenman

#27 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:09 AM

According to the council the land is badly contaminated with heavy metals etc and the fact it is poorly drained surely will not be good for any business unless some stupid farmer wants to use it for grazing which I cant see due to the contamination.

#28 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:01 PM

I've created a facebook page for the project so supporters can keep an eye on what is happening:

Wells at Amberley Facebook Page

Please join us!
Posted Imagethegreenman

#29 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:48 PM

I've added an interactive map of the Joyce Green site to our website:

Interactive Map

Have a look and see what all the building did...

Edited by phildunford, 26 February 2010 - 07:49 PM.

Posted Imagethegreenman

#30 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:14 PM

I've added an interactive map of the Joyce Green site to our website:

Interactive Map

Have a look and see what all the building did...

Nice how did you get the building plans of what each shed did? btw the colour star changing building to the far right on the side strip contains around 3 sections each with a blast wall separating them, do you know what each part of this building did?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users