• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#61 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:51 PM

In the end, we needed another 4 with no dropouts, as the finances were tight.

I'm pretty sure given a bit more notice, we will be able to make the numbers next time.
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#62 Candle

Candle

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:33 PM

What a terrible dissapointment and very frustrating to recieve notification so near to date, too late now to re-book that late weekend away with the grandchildren..........gutted!
This course has been on the cards since July so I am not sure what will change next time, how much notice do people need?

I appreciate a lot of these events are organised alongside peoples 'day jobs' and for that I am appreciative.

Better luck next time.

#63 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:59 PM

I am sorry to hear that the course is not going to run this year,but on a positive note i will be able to make the new course next year so one more for the list.

#64 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:50 AM

Thanks all the the efforts put towards organising this. Put me down for next year :)

#65 Glen

Glen

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:44 PM

If your thinking of running this course next year email me and i'd probley be up for it.... Always wanted to get a bit of hands on with HE and SFX. I have a few firer friends that will be up for it aswell, If a location up north is found deffo count me in......

Edited by Glen, 19 November 2010 - 07:13 PM.

#66 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:58 AM

We will hopefully fix a date quite soon, but we need to fit it round the AGM, for which we are also tring to fix a date & venue!
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#67 del

del

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:58 PM

I would be up for doing a course in the new year ,As for a venue what space would you need??

#68 exat808

exat808

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 08:16 PM

We will hopefully fix a date quite soon, but we need to fit it round the AGM, for which we are also tring to fix a date & venue!

Hope to be looking at dates for SFX training in 2011 v soon.
Have just been offered a venue "up north" ( cant be specific until I've surveyed the site - its in the west of West Yorkshire).
Will be liaising with UKPS staff as things progress.

#69 Glen

Glen

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:17 PM

Hope to be looking at dates for SFX training in 2011 v soon.
Have just been offered a venue "up north" ( cant be specific until I've surveyed the site - its in the west of West Yorkshire).
Will be liaising with UKPS staff as things progress.

Deffo up for SFX Training in the west of west yorkshire! Fingers crossed the site is ok for it........

#70 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:18 PM

Sorry to disappoint, but the first run of this course will be at the planned venue in Kent. We have quite few provisional names already.

We will be announcing all the details quite soon hopefully.

It may be possible to run at other venues at a later date.
Posted Imagethegreenman

#71 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:38 PM

As Phil has said. We are looking into getting the course date set for March 2011.

We will need the same amount of people to make the course run as last time (15). The course cost is £150 for non members and a subsidised rate is available for members at £140.

As soon as we have enough people to make it run then we will ask for cheques to ensure that course is booked to ensure disappointment is avoided this time.

Just to recap the course will be a similar event to the previously planned event......

8:30am – 10:00am Safety brief and basic explosives power point presentation and questions (tea and coffee available throughout).
10:00am – 10:20am Demonstration: Simple high explosive ring main -Detonator – Detonating Cord – ‘Dynamite’.
10:20am – 10:30am Split into three groups, introduction to group leader.
10:30am – 11:00am Practical: Each group gets to repeat the demonstration 3 times, so everyone gets ‘hands on’.
11:00am – 11:15am Demonstration: Small ANFO Cratering Charge.
11:15am – 11:45am Practical: Small ANFO Cratering Charges – 1 per group.
11:45am – 12.00pm Demonstration: Peat Burst - SFX ‘cratering charge’.
12:00pm – 12:30pm Practical: Peat Bursts – 2 per group.
12:30pm - 12:45pm Demonstration: Fuel Burst.
12:45pm – 1:30pm Practical: Fuel Bursts 3 per group – 1 off ground burst, 1 off from mortar pot and 1 off coke bottle on a stick (airburst) per group.
1:30pm – 2:30pm LUNCH – BBQ (chef and food included in cost of course).

Afternoon Session: 2 Two Big Sequences – i.e. not demos or recreations, but applying what has been learned, but on a bigger scale!
2:30pm – 4:00pm Flame & Peat Burst Sequence - 10 x Bigger Fuel Bursts, 10 x bigger Peat Bursts, Daisy chained together using Nonel detonators, plus 1 off huge peat burst (No. 21 in sequence).
4:00pm – 5:00pm Car Bomb - 3 x Large fuel bursts inside car (boot, body, bonnet short delay between each) + something special (you’ll have to wait and see).

If we have time then we can do Leaf Prints for each person – explosively printing the outline of the vanes of a leaf into a metal plate.

6:30pm Onwards Fireworks set up – if the participants want fireworks for the evening (We will discuss this point this evening at the management meeting).

7:00pm Dinner – BBQ participants provide their own food and cook for themselves

OK, so lets please start a list of attenties:...

Digger (Gareth Barnes)
Phildunford
Brightstar
Richard

So add your name to the list and repost it.

I will mail those who expressed an interest last time to see if they still want to go.
Phew that was close.

#72 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:41 PM

Digger (Gareth Barnes)
Phildunford
Chrismdunford
Brightstar
Richard

Posted Imagethegreenman

#73 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:25 PM

Digger (Gareth Barnes)
Phildunford
Chrismdunford
Brightstar