152 replies to this topic

#91 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 07:21 PM

Lord_dranack pleas could you send me an email of the pictures of your machine cause Stuarts not showing them on that link any more thanks.

Just to se the meccano parts from it.

Edited by pyrotechnist, 03 February 2004 - 07:21 PM.

fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#92 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 07:32 PM

You should find them here

http://amateurpyro.c...pictures/other/

Edited by Stuart, 03 February 2004 - 07:33 PM.

#93 Loci

Loci

Time Lord

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 06:29 PM

Yeah, a parts list would be cool :) I'm not in a rush for it yet, I still have to build my ball mill, so in your own time :P
"There are always alternatives. "
"If your Aunty had balls.... She'd be your Uncle!"

#94 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 09:43 PM

Lord_dranack how do you start the machine? The top spinner that makes the inner layer of fuse do you have to pull them thru the hole by hand? And the bottom ones do you put the cotton spools around them axils on the blue weal that makes the outer layer of fuse? And do you have to tie the first load of strings together or keep them lose before they start spinning and come thru? I fort that the machine was big the size of a person but it isn't nice little size I am going to try and get mine smaller. I sent an email to fire-fox and about buying chemicals and visco fuse and they said that they won't but there is a company that will sell to UK called Motor Freight which it is a shipping company which she said could be expensive but I sent an other email and had no reply but going to complain about that but has any one herd of these? I shore haven?t and if there good or any thing. The chemicals listed in orange can be shipped and green colour they?re the colour codes? but anything in blue code can?t be shipped and the fuses was all listed in red, which can be shipped as well. The potassium perchlorate is listed in orange so I think that this company will be able to ship these out to the uk accept the chemicals listed in blue.

Edited by pyrotechnist, 05 February 2004 - 04:16 PM.

#95 Loci

Loci

Time Lord

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 03:39 PM

You dont happen to have a link to that chemical supplier you would be willing to post in here of message me with?

Never mind, I think I found their web site, though your original post wasnt very clear at all...

You might also want to be careful if you attempt to ship some of these items into the UK, HM Customs and Excise might just cease them, then you get a nice letter sent to you stating that your good and a descriptions of them have been ceased and if you want them back you must go to court to argue your case giving a reason for your ligitimate use...

Fuse would probably fall under this : -

"Restricted Goods (that is, goods which you cannot import without authority such as a licence).

Firearms, explosives and ammunition, including electric shock devices (such as stunguns) and gas canisters.
(Contact the National Advice Service). "

Perhaps you should e-mail them first asking advice... either that or try looking harder for a UK supplier :P

Fraser

Edited by Loci, 05 February 2004 - 04:05 PM.

#96 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 04:23 PM

Yer could do but sky lighter sells chemicals to UK Richard H got some from there with no problems (I asked him). So hopefully I won't be stopped I need potassium perchlorate and visco fuse more than any other chemicals to start making some basic mixtures and i need some other things now to. Then going into buying the rest of them to start my more technical mixtures. :rolleyes:

here is the company web site i know you said you have it but just in case it is the wrong one http://www.firefox-fx.com/. :)

Edited by pyrotechnist, 05 February 2004 - 04:28 PM.

#97 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 04:27 PM

I think they will argue that visco contains black powder and when you present them with an explosives certificate then you can have it, but until then, they keep it

Stuart

#98 Loci

Loci

Time Lord

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 04:27 PM

Visco fuse will not be shipped to forgien countries. It says so in their rules... its listed as being an explosive and hence, then wont ship outside US... even if they did, Customs and Excise would not allow it into the country.

#99 tajmiester

tajmiester

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 05:36 PM

Just a pedantic point, most visco contains a perchlorate based composition to make it safe with chlorates.

Tris

#100 BurlHorse

BurlHorse

Burlhorse

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 06:06 PM

FYI, my bud Harry who owns Skylighter, is not able to ship any fuse through the postal right now anywhere, some technical issue he's trying to get straightened out right now. I live in Va. Beach so I can drive up there to get it, but alas to the rest of the US....

Regards, Stay Green,

Bear
There are old pyros, and there are bold pyros, but there are not very many old, bold pyros....

Check Out My E-Bay Auctions !!

#101 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 06:24 PM

Perchlorate, blackpower, whatever - it is still classed as an explosive for transportation purposes (1.4G) or maybe even 1.3G in large amounts.
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#102 Loci

Loci

Time Lord

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 09:03 PM

Correct, and hence why getting it into customs with out a really valid use for it is goning to be hard... I already have a notice of ceisure of goods from them ;)

#103 Matt

Matt

Another Aussie Trying To take Over

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 02:07 AM

This brings up a thought in my mind. If one has all the liscencing llike, storage, displays and manufacturing. Would this allow for international purchases? I can get fuse and whatnot within australia when liscenced however perc and that are another matter.

-Matt

Edited by Matt, 06 February 2004 - 03:36 AM.

Try to run! try to hide! Break on through to the other side!! YYYEEEAAAAOOHHHHHHHHAAAAHHHHHHHH

#104 Bub

Bub

PyroGuy

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 07:32 AM

Hi gang,

A word of caution if you're considering ordering from FireFox and you're UK based - I placed an order for around $200 back in the first weeks of November.

They've got my money (credit card) and are insisting it was posted .... it's not chemicals, and it's not resricted goods either.

Maybe it'll eventually turn up (doubtfull IMHO) - they mostly don't answer my emails about it either.

Unless you're prepared to wait over 3 months (!) I wouldn't touch them if you're in the UK.

FYI - when I recently kicked up a stink because they weren't replying to my emails I got one back saying they wouldn't sell to me again as I obviously didn't like the way they conducted their business.

So now, I can't reorder from them (like I'd want to), they have my money and I don't have the goods either.

Caveat Emptor I think <_<

#105 alany

alany

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 09:26 AM

Hi gang,

A word of caution if you're considering ordering from FireFox and you're UK based - I placed an order for around $200 back in the first weeks of November.

They've got my money (credit card) and are insisting it was posted .... it's not chemicals, and it's not resricted goods either.

Maybe it'll eventually turn up (doubtfull IMHO) - they mostly don't answer my emails about it either.

Unless you're prepared to wait over 3 months (!) I wouldn't touch them if you're in the UK.

FYI - when I recently kicked up a stink because they weren't replying to my emails I got one back saying they wouldn't sell to me again as I obviously didn't like the way they conducted their business.

So now, I can't reorder from them (like I'd want to), they have my money and I don't have the goods either.

Caveat Emptor I think  <_<

Yes, that's the exact experence I've had with FireFox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users