#106 The_Djinn

The_Djinn

Light Up The Sky - KF Pyro Crew

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 10:25 AM

Bub,

If you still have all the e-mails and responses, I would personally put a letter together explaining what has happened and send it off to the likes of PGI / Passfire etc with all the relevant e-mail correspondence.
Word travels very quickly when it comes to unscrupulous dealers like this and as PGI list them as a supplier I am sure they would not like there members running into the same issues you have encountered.
Even in the event that they have shipped the goods you ordered, they should show some interest in trying to resolve the issue and not adopt the attitude that "oh well, we have your money and we posted it so it is no longer our issue".. maybe someone needs to explain the phrase "Customer Service".
I have seen various postings around the forums and web sites that show that this is not a once off incident but more a common trend. The pyro industry is a close industry and word travels quickly so I am sure this dealer will soon find sales will dwindle and they may have to find alternate ideas as to what they should use there web space for.

Mark
KF Pyro Crew
BPA L1 & L2

#107 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 10:58 AM

If you paid by credit card, you might have some redress/ compensation available.
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#108 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 04:09 PM

You say you haven?t got email me neither when I asked about ho this motor freight is I got no response which I am very angry about. It is ignorance I tell ya. :angry:
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#109 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 04:29 PM

I suspect they may have meant 'Motor freight' as a term, i.e. Product can only be sent by land and not by air. Motor freight may not the name of a company. Don't want to piss on your bonfire but you just can't import perchlorates and such any more. (unless the sender has a hideously expensive export licence).

#110 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 04:42 PM

You should threaten them with it first. That should push them along. I hate it when people dont reply to e-mails, there is no excuss for it

Stuart

#111 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 07:16 PM

Nope I know I do send bad emails when they do not reply to me and then they soon reply it is ignorant when they do this I was going to get some 3? shells from there do not know whether to now does any one think I should..

#112 dfk

dfk

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 10:38 PM

Maybe they couldn't understand you pyrotechnist.

I have had succes ordering from firefox, as far as getting my materials goes.
I have also encountered their less than courtious customer service.

As far as ordering, its up to you if you want to risk it. My expirence is only from the US. I was going to order those same shells but all they have plastic wise are shells with an 1/8" fuse hole for the 3"ers, I pefer the 1/4" timed.

Marcus
Marcus; 'In the practice of manipulating fire for 4 years'

#113 tajmiester

tajmiester

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 10:42 PM

If you paid by credit card you should be fine. Just ring up your credit card company, tell them that you have not received the goods and they should start a chargeback. You may not even have to say 'its for making fireworks'. If they can't prove they dispatched the goods and you don't get them you are legally enititled to full reimbursement.

Tris

(Trading standards another option but I guess you dont want to draw attention...)

#114 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 10:44 PM

Just send a message saying that you are unhappy with the service you recived and that you feel it is your duty to inform the pyrotechnic community of the poor service.

Then if they do send and respond, tell everyone anyway MUHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

Stuart

#115 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 09:27 AM

I am pretty shore they understood cause the reply?s they did send back is what I wanted to know about so I think they understood that and the spelling was correct to they are just ignorant. ;) :angry: :blink: :o Ho RichardH they said that motor freight was a company and that they are quite expensive.

Edited by pyrotechnist, 07 February 2004 - 09:30 AM.

#116 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 08:57 PM

Just got my pestle and mortor today made my first batch of gunpowder with it it worked great. I grinded some potassium nitrate down in a few seconds and it was very fine powder like flour I then made some gunpowder. My gunpowder worked really well and burnt straight away when the match hit it no like delay. Getting some meccano soon making a visco machine but trying to get the money together is quite hard cause for all the parts I need it comes pretty dear so might bye bit by bit until got good collection. :D

#117 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 09:15 PM

I hope you did'nt grind the C, S and KNO3 in the mortar at the same time. Even though it is not as powerful or as sensitive as chlorate compositions, you should never grind pyrotechnic compostions like that by hand.

What you have isn't really 'gunpowder' (the pyro term is actually 'Blackpowder'), it would be called 'meal' powder, and probably not very useful at that. You will have no luck whatsoever if you plan to launch a shell or even make a rocket motor from that. There is a probability it won't even be good enough for use in fuse.
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#118 BurlHorse

BurlHorse

Burlhorse

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 11:50 PM

Green Powder is what he concocted, but I have seen some great green powder, some times the pyro gods just smile on the folks trying something new. I do agree and stress that grinding full comps is likely to get ones fingers singed or worse.....Time to build a mill......

Regards, Stay Green,

Bear
There are old pyros, and there are bold pyros, but there are not very many old, bold pyros....

Check Out My E-Bay Auctions !!

#119 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 06:15 PM

No not grinding gunpowder in there just the separate chemicals but it makes really fine potassium nitrate like flour the mortar and pestle is made from marble. I am going to make a ball mill but cant fined were to get the motor from do you know were to get one from Adam which is cheap like a few pounds. :D

-Michael

#120 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 07:19 PM

You can get one for ?0 if you go to the local dump. They usually have a special area for large electricals (washing machines, fridges etc). The motor from a washing machine, tumble drier, fan etc etc may suit the purpose. Just ask the warden who is looking after the site if you can rob a motor off one. Say its for a project (well it is!). Dont be suprised if they say you cant have one however, because they will be worried about being sued if the motor injures you (I suppose even if you cut yourself on the washing machine while removing the motor you could have a case). Sad, sad world...
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users