#31 Atom Fireworks

Atom Fireworks

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:33 PM

Doh!

As for the statement of this being a public forum and it's illegal to put comp into a device, I agree however many people post pics on here of what they have made.

Where? i havent seen any pics of homemade stuff, i would like too thought gives me something to aspire too :blush:

#32 Potassium chlorate

Potassium chlorate

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:46 PM

Im sorry but them big rockets must be a rip-off them cases are huge yet crack one open and I bet the actual shell is 10x smaller with more air than effect! Just look at the motor lifting it, most chinese motors are end burners and look how small that is. No way on gods earth will that didy motor lift that case if it was full to the brim, now I could fit tons in that shell but yet its wasted plastic that you pay extra for. All in all looks nice performs like a snail trying to win a spider at running. Im sick of all this over packaging bull shit going on these days as its diluting the industry and fireworks are getting naffer by the year.

Yes, those "big" rockets are a shitty fraud. It's so dishonest to the poor people purchasing them.

In my country there's a law against "false marketing". Though I have yet to see a pyro dealer behind bars for defrauding his customers. Piece of shit.

So you pyros come rally....B)
"This salt, formerly called hyperoxymuriate of potassa, is
used for sundry preparations, and especially for experimental
fire-works."

Dr. James Cutbush

#33 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:33 PM

your correct monsterberry there has been a severe decline of homemade pyro photo's/videos i suspect people are unwilling to post because of "watchers" people are just making n firing privately, which makes for a large yawn on the forums with post's like i made a "rocket last night it was great" but no record of it = yawn, or i "made a new red formula" but with no pics so you have to picture it in your head?

#34 Steve

Steve

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:06 PM

I suspect there is a few reasons for that mate, the main would be that it is sort of illegal to make a device, without going into details we all know your only alllowed to make 100grams of composition at any 1 time and not store it, this is for experimental purposes only. The legislation does not say you can make a "device" but then again ime pritty certain it doesnt say you cannot make a device. Thats how i understand it anyways i think exat will clarify, its been posted so many times you can seach for the info.But for the sake of having the old bill knock on your door because they have seen on here youve got a crate load of home made fireworks, its not worth posting what you have that might arouse the law.

I think another reason for this is may be people's experiments aren't made yet. I certainly don't like to store my experiments. I'll be making some simple mines and fountain (experiments), but they're only being put together in the morning before they'll be set off. Also, if we're following the law, I'm sure it states that compositions should not be stored, and must be used as they are made. Clearly this isn't going to quite work for stars etc, which require drying time, but you can certainly try your best by not having a pile of constructed, fused devices sat around for a week.
Inoxia Pyrotechnics - The UK online store for chemicals and other pyrotechnics supplies

#35 Steve

Steve

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:08 PM

your correct monsterberry there has been a severe decline of homemade pyro photo's/videos i suspect people are unwilling to post because of "watchers" people are just making n firing privately, which makes for a large yawn on the forums with post's like i made a "rocket last night it was great" but no record of it = yawn, or i "made a new red formula" but with no pics so you have to picture it in your head?

Agreed, it's a big shame. Every thread seems to be concerned about big brother reading it.
Inoxia Pyrotechnics - The UK online store for chemicals and other pyrotechnics supplies

#36 Potassium chlorate

Potassium chlorate

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:14 PM

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY!

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH!

WAR IS PEACE!

SURVEILLANCE IS INTEGRITY!
"This salt, formerly called hyperoxymuriate of potassa, is
used for sundry preparations, and especially for experimental
fire-works."

Dr. James Cutbush

#37 Atom Fireworks

Atom Fireworks

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:32 PM

Thats how i feel, scared to death of showing my art work incase i get the nock on the door and branded " terrorist" !!! Theres actually a forum for canabis growers that is a public forum and people talk about " their grows" and basically admit to growing the stuff in their house, yet they never get caught even though the "watchers" read it.

I wonder if the watchers as we put it are only interested in looking for potential trouble causers? I.E when people come and ask " where can i get 10kgs of perch and 5 kgs of ali??? Theres so many people on many forums admitting to basically breaking the law yet not many actaully recieve the nock on the door, this brings me to believe they are only keeping an eye on us and if they get concearns over people going down the wrong road that could lead to people being hurt then they will step in?

Maybe exat could fill us all in on what the watchers are actually looking for seen astho he/she claims to be one. Not having a pop exat just curious to see if we could be enlightened. :rolleyes: Should we be worried about posting pics of out rockets, fountains shells ectt?

Jay

#38 ToFe

ToFe

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:47 PM

Hence the new forum?

#39 Steve

Steve

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:32 PM

I don't think there's anything stopping the plod from reading the advance forum, it's hardly encrypted.

#40 Floydman

Floydman

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:04 PM

This is the consumer section of the forum mateys. There are other specific sections relating to home made pyro etc
Lets keep to the thread and show us yer stash:D

#41 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:53 PM

perhaps there just aren't that many hard core pyros left in the world these days?
anyways i think ive made a mistake with this thread i said "picture time", a quick look on you tube soon changes that.
it may be to late this time but next year maybe a video of your stash? ,Craig's stash i dont know him but hes got a lot more or had a lot more ^_^ cash to blow on pyro than me

#42 sonic boom

sonic boom

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:25 PM

Edited by sonic boom, 22 October 2010 - 07:26 PM.

#43 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:51 PM

I post on here and UKFR, I will post a pic of my stuff when I have it all, which shouldn't be to long now.

#44 exat808

exat808

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:15 PM

Thats how i feel, scared to death of showing my art work incase i get the nock on the door and branded " terrorist" !!! Theres actually a forum for canabis growers that is a public forum and people talk about " their grows" and basically admit to growing the stuff in their house, yet they never get caught even though the "watchers" read it.

I wonder if the watchers as we put it are only interested in looking for potential trouble causers? I.E when people come and ask " where can i get 10kgs of perch and 5 kgs of ali??? Theres so many people on many forums admitting to basically breaking the law yet not many actaully recieve the nock on the door, this brings me to believe they are only keeping an eye on us and if they get concearns over people going down the wrong road that could lead to people being hurt then they will step in?

Maybe exat could fill us all in on what the watchers are actually looking for seen astho he/she claims to be one. Not having a pop exat just curious to see if we could be enlightened. :rolleyes: Should we be worried about posting pics of out rockets, fountains shells ectt?

Jay

Just back home from a conference where I met some UKPS members who now know who I am and what I do. This is not an issue of "watching". It is a bigger picture of people enjoying a hobby, acting responsibly within the law and promoting competence and safety in what you do. As this is a "consumer fireworks" forum I have said enough. Enjoy your purchases.

#45 John C

John C

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:34 PM

Can we get back to posting stashes here is what I brought from lidl I saw the rockets thought I would give them a go the large pack had big rockets but as we know big means nothing you can have a giant rocket and no effect the cakes was sold out so none of those I might to to aldi and get some of these TNT rocket packs everyones going on about

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Edited by John C, 25 October 2010 - 07:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users