20 replies to this topic

#16 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 07:30 PM

As I have said before, it's worth it for the formula database alone.

And it had pretty pictures.
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#17 bernie

bernie

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 10:49 PM

I have my share of books and still think that Passfire is worth it at twice the price. Compared to the cost of pyro literature it's a real value in my opinion. A couple of quality 'hard bound' publications are still invaluable.

#18 BurlHorse

BurlHorse

Burlhorse

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 04:16 AM

Yes Bernie, I would agree, Passfire is a "Value added" product, and the more "Real Info" that gets passed around, the better for all of us.

Regards, Stay Green,

Bear
There are old pyros, and there are bold pyros, but there are not very many old, bold pyros....

Check Out My E-Bay Auctions !!

#19 The_Djinn

The_Djinn

Light Up The Sky - KF Pyro Crew

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 09:03 AM

I would like to echo what BurlHorse says with regards to ?real info? being passed around.
I have spent a lot of time looking at various articles and information on the web with regards to pyro and it is scary to see so much misinformation out there. The average beginner would do themselves serious harm should they attempt some of the formulas or construction of devices that can be found on the web.
For the sake of pyro enthusiasts world wide, it is imperative that the likes of BPS and Passfire and many others continue as they are the only sources where tried, tested and trusted information can be found. From what I have seen as well, is that members of these forums have pretty good personal web sites as well containing accurate information.

Anyone just getting into this hobby should spend some time researching information found on web sites before attempting any of the formulas / devices that can be found all over the web and if in doubt they should ask in forums like BPS / Passfire etc where they will get honest and accurate answers to there queries hence keeping the hobby safe and enjoyable to all involved.

Mark
KF Pyro Crew
BPA L1 & L2

#20 tajmiester

tajmiester

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 09:10 AM

A couple of questions on the topic of passfire:

1) Is the $40 signup fee in US dollars or AU dollars? (What is it in ?GBP)
2) Do you get some sort or regular email newsletter with articles or is it basically just access to the site?

Tris

#21 Matt

Matt

Another Aussie Trying To take Over

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 09:59 AM

Its $40 US. All up it cost me $70 aus. Which to me is a fair bit of money to "waste" however it really is worth it.

You will get access to all issues published, a new issue comes out every 1 or 2 months.

-Matt
Try to run! try to hide! Break on through to the other side!! YYYEEEAAAAOOHHHHHHHHAAAAHHHHHHHH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users