Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:10 PM

bump :)

#33 dan100

dan100

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:46 AM

im very interested in this, money, time, location aren't really an issue to me. attending for the experience is invaluable.

#34 Atom Fireworks

Atom Fireworks

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

Have there been any thoughts into this yet? hope it doesnt get forgotten about there seems to be quite a few people interested :D

#35 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:18 PM

First person to offer a site with classroom and firing site with parking and food and possibly accommodation -this course is now usually two days- will possible suggest the location

Getting the price right is a problem usually!
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#36 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:35 AM

OK...

Major problem at the moment, is that I'm at the start of a probable house move, and very very busy. Therefore if this is going to happen this year, someone else will have to organise it. We will discuss it at next weeks management meeting but if no one volunteers, then we will be looking for a non-management member to do the work. This consists of:

Contact Illuminate Consult to arrange the course format and agree a cost & possible dates.
Find a venue and find out costs. Arrange refreshments and lunch.
Collect names and addresses of those interested and guage how serious they are and if they are willing to travel to the venue.
From this work out a cost and minimum numbers.
Organise the attendees via pms emails etc.
Arrange for cheques etc to be sent to the treasurer.
On the day, host the event or organise a host.

Illuminate's course which includes practical work is now two days, but from experience I think this would severely limit the number of attendees, as people are unwilling to take on the extra cost of a hotel etc. on top of paying double the price.

The last practical course was compressed to one day, but people failed (particularly the inexperienced ones) because there was simply too much information.

Our current thinking is to ask Illuminate to put together a one day theory course and then to organise a one day, hands on CAT 4 course ourselves at another time.

I'll post again after next weeks meeting.
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#37 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:29 PM

Any willing volunteers? Step up to the plate and get organising it! I hosted the last course. If you are really keen to get some training, have a think of a suitable venue and we can provide assistance to get the ball rolling. :)

#38 Atom Fireworks

Atom Fireworks

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:55 AM

So have i got the right end of the stick here, illuminate will do a 1 day course but will only be the theory? If this is so then the location the course will be held at wouldnt need anywhere to fire thus meaning any type of conferance room is suitable?

jay

#39 pyromaniac303

pyromaniac303

• UKPS Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:31 PM

Just to reiterate what I mentioned on the other thread, we are currently organising both a cat4 practical day in which attendees will have access to cat4 and set up a show using the fireone system under guidance from competent senior firers, and the Illuminate Consult course.

The cat4 day will be held on Saturday the 8th of October, at Bondhay Golf Club in Derbyshire (only a couple of miles from the M1). Arrival on site will be around 2 to 3pm. The event is something I am holding personally, but on the day I will be raising money for Nottingham Queens Medical Centre, Sheffield PACT (Sheffield childrens hopsital cancer charity) and Teenage Cancer Trust.

I will subsidise the display to a certain extent and there will be no 'charge' for the event, but it would be nice if attendees could put some money towards it so we can have a more impressive show.

For the illuminate course I am currently awaiting confirmation from Illuminate, but I hope to hold it in the same location as the cat4 practical event, on the 9th of October so that members who would like to attend both events don't need to travel again. There are cheap hotels nearby - travelodge etc. and also accomodation on site at the Golf Course.

The cost of the course will be £100 per head, plus £25 exam fee. The venue is likely to be around £100 too which will be split between the attendees, however if we have more than 8 attendees, the course fee reduces from £100 to £80.

Please let me know if you are interested in either of the above events.

Paul
You can never have a long enough fuse...

#40 helix

helix

• UKPS Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:34 PM

I'm interested in attending both events
james

Edited by helix, 03 August 2011 - 08:35 PM.

#41 Altus

Altus

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:32 AM

I'm interested in both days too.

#42 Atom Fireworks

Atom Fireworks

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:02 AM

Me and my old man will be attending the course but not the display as we allready fire anyways so it has no benefit to us. Andy pittam will most likly attend the course aswell.

Jay

#43 Bob Twells

Bob Twells

UKPS Web Admin

• UKPS Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

Gutted I won't be able to make the display day, best of luck with it!

#44 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:14 AM

I particularly want to refresh the cat4 training course. I'll turn up for the firing day if that would help.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#45 whoof

whoof

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:13 PM

Interested in both days, date may be problamatical so put me down as a possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users