• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 10:00 PM

Some good points have been raised here, and again newbies are ALWAYS welcome. However, there is a difference between someone who wants to learn a science properly and methodically, and someone who is ignorant and expects the moon on a stick in 10 minutes flat.

This forum is only for those who can be bothered to put the effort in and be proactive in the learning process, clearly the individual in question was not. Everyone started at the very beginning, and I'm sure all of us learn't through trial, error, and above all RESEARCH. People can't just expect all the answers to come and find them.

#17 bernie

bernie

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 11:10 PM

He's a witch I tells ya.

#18 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 11:20 PM

:)

#19 spawned

spawned

Firework Maker

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 09:41 AM

watch the fire burn i was once like you but now i am very responsible, the first thing that you should do if you want to be a serious pyro is look at ALOT of injury pictures. This will help you alot i mean i believe i am one of safest people ever after searching things like homemade fireworks injurie etc.

I make tubes, NC lacquer and ball mills but have never even made a composition (this is mainly due to my lack of 'ingredients) , so be carefull its not such a 'kewl' world after all.

Edited by spawned, 04 April 2004 - 09:43 AM.

HHHHEEEEEEEEERRRRRRREEEES JOHNNY!!

#20 The_Djinn

The_Djinn

Light Up The Sky - KF Pyro Crew

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 03:50 PM

Umm, am I missing some thing..
You make NC laquer, ball mills and tubes but never comp due to lack of ingredients ? a) where do you live that there is no ingrediants and B) why make the formentioned items if you do not have or make comp ? just seems a little pointless to me.

Mark
KF Pyro Crew
BPA L1 & L2

#21 spawned

spawned

Firework Maker

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 04:03 PM

Oh because someday (this is the day) i might come across making H3 and use them . I HAVE H3!!!!!!!

#22 The_Djinn

The_Djinn

Light Up The Sky - KF Pyro Crew

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 05:57 PM

So there is no lack of ingrediants where you are ?
A little confusing Spawned.. first you dont have access to anything then you do... yet in other posts you talk though you do have experiance and do work with comps.
Care to clarify ?

Mark
KF Pyro Crew
BPA L1 & L2

#23 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 08:06 PM

So where did the H3 come from then? You have'nt been cracking open shells have you??
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#24 spawned

spawned

Firework Maker

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:31 AM

I made the H3 turns out there is a large readily available source of sodium chlorate near me.

Djinn i only found this source recently and had not known about it during the 3 months of my searching for kno3 , i now realise that i will have to buy kno3 over the internet from GD when m catalogue arrives and have so got a Solo card.

BTW i have now tuned down the H3 a bit as it was a bit powerfull for a fountain by adding in a little more C than supposed to it now burns like BP.

#25 Matt

Matt

Another Aussie Trying To take Over

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:49 AM

Hang on, H3 with sodium chlorate or potassium chlorate?

-Matt
Try to run! try to hide! Break on through to the other side!! YYYEEEAAAAOOHHHHHHHHAAAAHHHHHHHH

#26 spawned

spawned

Firework Maker

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:18 AM

sodium, yes i know its hydroscopic but im using it up tonight in a fountain.

#27 Phoenix

Phoenix

UKR Forum Ex Regular!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:26 AM

You do know that ramming chlorate based compositions is generally a very bad idea, don't you?

A quick search of the forum should tell you why.

Edited by Phoenix, 08 April 2004 - 09:28 AM.

#28 Matt

Matt

Another Aussie Trying To take Over

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:26 AM

Im not worried about its hyGroscopicity. Dont call a comp something its not, and dont even call it "chlorate blackpowder" I hate those words even more.

-Matt
Try to run! try to hide! Break on through to the other side!! YYYEEEAAAAOOHHHHHHHHAAAAHHHHHHHH

#29 spawned

spawned

Firework Maker

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:34 AM

Im not ramming it ,
i made it damp and and then pushed it slightly the water has now evaporated and i wiill use it tonight.

#30 Phoenix

Phoenix

UKR Forum Ex Regular!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 10:19 AM

Aah, good. Sodium chlorate tends to be very hard to dry once wet, so it seems unlikely that your fountain has fully dried. It'll be interesting to hear your results though.

Garden direct is not the only place that sells KNO3, there are other sources, though a bit more expensive.

A tip, if you're looking for a supply of a chemical, don't Google just for, for example, <potassium nitrate>, as this will get you thousands of pages that refer to "potassium" and "nitrate". Instead search for something like <"potassium nitrate" "price list" ? Kg> and set it to the UK only. This way, a lot more of your results will be actual chemical suppliers, as, for example gardening pages, which may have referred to potassium nitrate, but been irellevant for you, will probably not have a price list so will not be included in your results. This way you should find something you want quite quickly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users