• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#256 adam1717

adam1717

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 06:26 AM

For People living in Perth, WA if you cant find any potassium nitrate, i found some at Mirco Bros. I could not find there fertilizer wearhouse in the yellow pages so go to there main address and ask for directions to there fertiliser wearhouse. It is only a 10 minute drive from there other store.

There address and phone number are:
26 Salpietro St Bibra Lake 6163(08) 9434 6011
They sell 25kg bags of potassium nitrate for about $30.
Thanks

#257 Pepsi

Pepsi

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 10:41 PM

Hi All, if there's anyone left.

Where's everyone gone?

Pepsi :(
"Growing Old is Inevitable,
Growing Up is Optional"

#258 rocket

rocket

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 10:28 AM

Hey I?m an Aussie I live down in good old Victoria. It would be good to know how many Aussies are there are.

#259 adam1717

adam1717

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:43 AM

Anyone know where to find aluminum powder or zinc powder around the perth area???
Thanks

#260 rocket

rocket

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:37 PM

Well I don?t know of any in perth but I do know of a place that sell them Australia wide as, AMPS (Australian metal powder suppliers IIRC) they have Al ?325mesh and they zinc is 4-6 mic. I?ve ordered from them, all when well.

#261 adam1717

adam1717

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:42 PM

Yeah, I emailed them a while back about aluminum and magnesium powder and they never replyed back

#262 maximusg

maximusg

What's The Name of The Song? Explosivo!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:10 AM

They get alot of emails from kids wanting to blow things up and generally dont reply to them. They'll know your serious if you ring them up though... Thats what it usually takes.

They dont have magnesium powder.

Hi All, if there's anyone left.

Where's everyone gone?

Pepsi :(

Still here pep. Just spent the weekend perfecting some 1lb rockets. They are sooooo pyro-perty.
my friend: What's that?

me: It's a fuse.

my friend: Oh.

#263 Pepsi

Pepsi

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:31 PM

They get alot of emails from kids wanting to blow things up and generally dont reply to them. They'll know your serious if you ring them up though... Thats what it usually takes.

They dont have magnesium powder.
Still here pep. Just spent the weekend perfecting some 1lb rockets. They are sooooo pyro-perty.

How High they going....??

Pepsi
"Growing Old is Inevitable,
Growing Up is Optional"

#264 maximusg

maximusg

What's The Name of The Song? Explosivo!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 12:26 AM

Well during daylight tests with out headers they zipp up high and very quick. takes about ten seconds to fall.

with headers they are slower but the pretty apogee makes up for that
my friend: What's that?

me: It's a fuse.

my friend: Oh.

#265 pkhow

pkhow

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:31 AM

Q1. Can any one advise if Sulpur sold in Garden shops like Manutec sold as Sulphur UN1350 and
described "commonly known as agriculture sulphur". Analysis SULPHUR (S) as Elemental form W/W99.9%
I have never been ubable to find sulphur labeled as Flour sulpur as the only other type i have found labeled is from agricultural suppliers (Flowers of sulphur) Is there a way to test for the acid residue i beleive can be present in Flowers or nuetralise it? If not does any one know a source of Flour of sulpur.

Q2. The only KNO3 i can find readily available in Australia is always 15-0-38 not 15-0-44 like I read we should obtain. It always seems to work but I re-crystalise hoping to remove the impurity I assume is responsible for the lower number. Is 15-0-38 essentially the same and am I waisting my time with the re-crystalisation?

#266 rocket

rocket

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 07:31 AM

As you probably know you can get sulphur at the pharmacy that is flower fine BUT its horribly expensive for the amount you get, I think its $12 for 100g. Oh and there very suspicious of what you wont it for and they might wont to take you name down.

#267 adam1717

adam1717

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 07:40 AM

Anyone know where you can get Xylol or Methylene Chloride in aus? Ive looked at bunnings in the paint section but couldnt find anything. Ive heard you can use PVC cement to bond shells together. Is this strong enough?
Thanks

#268 rocket

rocket

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:53 AM

I’ve found that xylene works well for sealing shells you can get it at bunnings but its not in the paint section its near all the cement colours and cleaners. It was $15 for 1Lt.

#269 adam1717

adam1717

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 12:02 PM

Thanks Rocket

#270 pkhow

pkhow

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:08 PM

I can find several sources for sulphur and recently discovered the sulphur i have been using for a couple of years from Horse supplies that I thought was Flour of sulphur is marked Flowers of sulphur on the 40KG bags. Other supplies I can find do not say only that it is elemental.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users