80 replies to this topic

#31 Loci

Loci

Time Lord

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 02:43 PM

You could always just just paypal or another service like that...
"There are always alternatives. "
"If your Aunty had balls.... She'd be your Uncle!"

#32 pyrodude

pyrodude

pyrodude

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 02:54 PM

you will be able to pqay via paypal through it.Dont worry bout that one.
Cheers Kyle Spooner

#33 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 05:27 PM

What type of security are you going to have on your web site if you are going to try stop people from accessing source code via right click then that won't work cause there is other way of getting it. What code are you typing out ASP, PHP, MySQL, asp.net, JavaScript, html with css? Or you going to have a program running behigned it? Best choice is making the JavaScript script files you can't see script then. What scripts do you know? I am only using on my site html, css, JavaScript and making dhtml codes got a timer set on my site for session timeout. Make nice tight security because people with hacking software can most likely get in I have 3 hacking softwares but there my dads for computers to access hidden files and break them. Like burlhorse said nice long passwords e-commerce web site you need. When is your web site going to be up? A lot of people use on there forms a .cgi file but you using paypal or your own? I don't want to do stuff like credit card transactions can't trust the internet to many hackers out there. :( :ph34r: I like your site you put it up links gon now how come you took off? thanks. :D

Regards
Michael

Edited by pyrotechnist, 29 February 2004 - 05:28 PM.

fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#34 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 05:43 PM

If you use a server side language, you cant see the source code anyway so you done necessarily need JavaScript. You should just stick with PayPal anyway. It actually cheaper than getting a secure server and the lot

Stuart

#35 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 05:44 PM

Well done! Now you've admitted to hacking as well!
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#36 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 05:59 PM

Unauthorised access to a computer system constitutes an offence under the computer misuse act, and as such I take a very dim view of it.

Javascript is incrediby unsecure, much better off using server side scripting. The internet is actually quite safe for carrying transactions via a secure socket layer, and even if the worst does happen many banks, mine included, instantly refund any losses.

#37 pyrodude

pyrodude

pyrodude

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 06:20 PM

Thanks Richard for answering some of those questions. As i said before i will be using paypal for payment and as i also said before the website was taken offline for a complete revamp after people had given their thoughts on it. Also as i said before the website will be up and running in about a month.
Cheers Kyle Spooner

#38 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 09:19 PM

Hahahahahaha :lol: no I am not a hacker my dad has a software that contains some hacking stuff I hate hackers and virus makers. Never touch the stuff it is used for breaking passwords when fixing a machine encase it is locked. I was just warning about hackers since there is so many of them around these days. I never have hacked and never will hack a computer. :D
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#39 pyrodude

pyrodude

pyrodude

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 09:23 PM

Well i know who to come to when my websites hacked into then dont i!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

#40 BurlHorse

BurlHorse

Burlhorse

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 06:28 AM

HA!

Might I intervene long enough to clarify some terminology.....first off, a true Hacker, does no HARM, he just goes somewhere he's not supposed to, to say he can and did. It's a cardinal rule for true hackers to do no harm, Ford Prefect, Marshall Wise, Max_Nomad, all personal friends of mine, well, except for marshall as he is dead now, all run respectable S_E_C_U_R_I_T_Y companies. Your biggest hassles will come from wanna be code stealing punks, that add thier names to the credits, when all they really did was steal someone elses work/code. If you all will recall, I/we linda and I got Hacked recently.....Hacked would be giving this little thieving b*st*rd way more credit than he deserved. He simply used a well known spoof to fool linda into responding with her user Info for Yahoo.....with which he was able to have all kinds of fun. She simply was tired, and was not thinking clearly when she read the e-mail, which looked authentic enough, but had she been at her best and not tired, it never would have slipped past her, she would have seen it, and deleted it.

Point being, you are only as secure as you let yourself be. As I said Before "LoNgPassWordsArEHarDtoHack345678" #1, #2 wanna be's are dime a dozen, so be on guard for what looks to good to good to be true, it almost always is.

As to the person who's dad has a program to retrieve lost bios passwords, doing an internet search on the subject yields about 400,455,455,200 results.....really top secret stuff eh? Gimme a break, Pyrodude, you will learn, by burning, I don't wish this on you, but it is inevitable..................... We all have security breaches, it's the preplanning that sets the stage for action, not the mop up afterwards...............

Regards, Stay Green,

Bear
There are old pyros, and there are bold pyros, but there are not very many old, bold pyros....

Check Out My E-Bay Auctions !!

#41 alany

alany

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 06:57 AM

I am glad someone made the distinction between hacker and cracker.

Not that anyone seems to care any more. I just call myself a geek now, it is easier than trying to explain the term hacker (which is also computer centric and often thought to mean "a hack" with all those negative conitations).

#42 Matt

Matt

Another Aussie Trying To take Over

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 07:00 AM

Damn teenagers give everything a bad name. *fake beard falls off*
Try to run! try to hide! Break on through to the other side!! YYYEEEAAAAOOHHHHHHHHAAAAHHHHHHHH

#43 pyrodude

pyrodude

pyrodude

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 10:59 PM

Hiya,
Can anyone please tell me what chemicals are illegal to sell without a licence out of the following chems:
Ammonium Nitrate

Boric Acid

Calcium Carbide

Calcium Carbonate

Charcoal

Copper Carbonate

Copper Oxide

Dextrin

Iron Oxide

Magnesium Ribbon

Potassium Nitrate

Sodium Silicate

Sulphur

Red Gum

Aluminium Powder

#44 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 06:52 AM

You should be able to sell all of them without a licence

#45 The_Djinn

The_Djinn

Light Up The Sky - KF Pyro Crew

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 08:19 AM

Lots of other questions to take into account..

where are you storing everything... garage ?... do you have business rights to your land?
How are you going to ship the goods to your customers... the post office wont touch 90% of the items listed and neither will a lot of couriers, you will need a courier that will accept hazchem and you need to see what this will do for your costs.
Company's like LabPak ship hundreds of items with a courier so they get good prices.. you will find shipping 1kg of nitrate may cost ?30 if you dont have a deal with a courier and no one in there right mind will pay ?30 + for a kg of potassium nitrate
Is it a registered company ? sole trader... limited company.. public limited company ?

You may need to declare income to inland revenue.
Do you have insurance ?
Do you have the correct fire prevention measures in place for a chem. store ?
Most chem. suppliers are members of a head organisation? are you a member?
And the list goes on??

These are all questions that should have been answered in a business plan, it is never as simple as a couple of web pages with a shopping cart. You will find that your local authorities probably have a department that is there specifically to answer all these questions for new business ventures and they will be able to give you guidance.

I know it seems negative but you have to deal with all of the facts up front, once you have answered everything needed for a business then they way forward is not so bad... just getting started is the hard bit.

Mark

Edited by The_Djinn, 02 March 2004 - 08:38 AM.

KF Pyro Crew
BPA L1 & L2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users