#61 Yugen-biki

Yugen-biki

Pyro is forever

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 03:24 PM

Hello PyroSpFx!

I began in pyrotechnics as I am sure many others have. As A child I was fascinated with fireworks. As I grew older, I began to read about them. I read everything I could find, but it wasn't enough, I wanted more. I grew to love the knowledge that I was acquiring.
          In my teens, I began to experiment with making my own fireworks. The more I learned,  the more I was hooked. Soon, I was making effects and putting on displays for my family and friends.

Exactly! New year 03-04 me and my "not as much as pyro as I am" -brother made our first display for our mom and dad! Left my teen, I have some contact with 2 pyrothechnical companies. They are not as interested in me as I am of them sadly! I hope to get more involved in pyro and specially with other pyro?s. But around here there are very few or just vey discrete.

#62 PyroSpFx

PyroSpFx

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 04:44 AM

[SIZE=7] [FONT=Arial] I hope that if anyone would like to talk with me off the forum that they will use Messenger to contact me. I am always glad to talk with anyone who is truely pyro inclined. I do not and will not condone the so-called "charge-boys" or those who are just out to see how big of a bang they can make. True pyro's are very hard to find. I do like to see things go bang but for me the real thrill to what we do is the look on the faces of children (no age given,LOL) who look at what we do with awe. I am in it for the beauty that we create, not for the bangs. Okay, Okay, no as I climb down from my soapbox I would like to thank the moderaters for allowing me to join this forum. I hope that I will have many good chats here. My primary Msn Messenger ID is firewoksjunkie, if anyone would like to chat off forum. I work nights, so I am on between 2:30 am and 4:00 am CST USA time-zone.
"He who hath smelt the smoke is ne'er again free." Be safe and STAY [COLOR=green]GREEN!!!!!

#63 Yugen-biki

Yugen-biki

Pyro is forever

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 12:18 PM

I was reading some other forums the other day. Some times the users have a link to a home page (pyro page). I could not find any page without dynamite, H2O2 (you know) etc. And they call them selves pyros!
Sure I like salutes a lot, but pyrotechnical salutes and not stupid high risk explosives. My favorite is shells. Around here peony is the "only" kind you can get and I just love to make special effects never seen before (around here).

#64 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 11:37 AM

Quite agree.

Pyro is about the nearest thing to magic you are likely to get on this earth - that's what all this stuff is really about.

On the other hand there are very few blokes out there who don't enjoy a large explosion and fireball now and then!
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#65 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 01:19 PM

Here here! But there is a difference between making a fireball with some naphthalene and a maroon, and creating a device that could get you into serious trouble and put your life at risk. There are people who do this safely, methodically and scientifically and do not wish to hurt or cause trouble. And then there are the bo*b-kiddies who dont have a clue. Urrr! Dont get me started!
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#66 Rhodri

Rhodri

One of the gang!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 04:20 PM

Go on Ad's get started! ;)

Pyro is not a fashion but a lifestyle. It's a mindset. A way of being.

It's both constructive and esoteric.

"If you create then you believe in yourself." - Bob Marley.

Right, how do I get those colours and deep bass.....?

Edited by Rhodri, 03 April 2004 - 04:27 PM.

Making light, sound and good conversation.

#67 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 08:09 PM

Right, after getting paid hosting, I am now using it to is full potential. My PHP and MySQL site is finally up. I am still adding a few extra features to the admin side of things but the user side should be more or less complete, just need to sort out the pictures program. I will also see about getting my self kitted up with a real domain name soon

Stuart

Edited by Stuart, 03 April 2004 - 08:14 PM.

#68 pyrodude

pyrodude

pyrodude

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 09:57 PM

I will still be doing the website. Only problem is that i wont be doing chemicals. I will be doing all the tubes and shells and fuse including japanese time fuse for shells

#69 tajmiester

tajmiester

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 06:10 PM

Dunno if anyones interested but hopefully by mid-summer I will have a site up that can be used to accept credit card payments. It will be a UK equililant to http://www.2checkout.com/ only you will be able to host the entire web-shop if you want. The address is http://www.sellsomestuff.com/; I would finish it now but A levels are nail bitingly close and I just don't have the time.

Tris

P.S. When its up just drop me a PM and I'll do you an account, setup fee free.

#70 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 01:07 PM

Quite often around this forum I see people needing pictures hosting. To solve this problem, I have made a picture gallery on a subdomain for my site. The address is

http://pictures.amateurpyro.co.uk

If you want a picture hosting, go to that address and register. You wont be able to upload the pictures straight away as I will need to check that you are who you are as I don't want everyone on the internet using it. Once registered, I will contact you and have your account setup so that you can upload pictures and you will then be able to publish them.

I am still sorting out my main site but that should be finished in about half an hour. The address will be

http://www.amateurpyro.co.uk

Stuart

#71 bmiller14

bmiller14

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 07:30 PM

You might want to watch out selling the very fine aluminium. Most web sites only sell 1lb an order and 2lbs a year to a single person unless they have a high explosives manufacturing license. It could save you a lot of trouble later on with some fool that has gone and made 5lbs of flash hurt them selves or some one else very bad or killed some one.

#72 Guest_PyromaniaMan_*

Guest_PyromaniaMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2004 - 02:15 PM

how would/could you go about getting a HEM licence?
just out of interest, of course.
James

#73 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 02:47 PM

By HEM I am assuming you mean high explosives manufacturing? The answer is with great difficulty. You would need a factory site with numerous safety measures, and not forgetting divisional UN 1.1 rated storage. Quite simply put, It would cost you a fortune.

#74 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 08:59 PM

As humorous at the picture in your signature is, it is way too big, so please scale it down or remove it. There is nothing I hate more than going on some forums and half the page is taken up with poster's signatures!! :)
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#75 broadsword

broadsword

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 09:56 PM

Pyrodude Did the website ever get made/finished? And stuart how com your site doesnt work, your old one seems to still work?!
Broadsword Calling DannyBoy....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users