• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#1 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

We're delighted to announce that the 2012 Annual General Meeting of the UK Pyrotechnics Society will take place on Saturday 5th May, as we return to a previous and most successful venue, The Marlborough School, Woodstock, Oxon.

We will be arranging a full day of guest speakers, talks and also practical demonstrations. We have two very special guest speakers lined up, they will be familiar to all of you and need little introduction. Dr. Sidney Alford and Roland Alford of Alford Technologies. You would be a fool to miss this year's AGM, so make sure you are there.

We are also very pleased to announce that Stephen Miller M.I.Exp.E. is to be appointed the next chairman of the UK Pyrotechnics Society. All other appointments remain, and together, we shall be outlining our plans for the future of the society, of which YOU, our members, will be playing a massive part.

Full details will be posted in due course, please make Saturday 5th May free in your diary.

As tradition commands, proceedings will close with a professional firework display and we envisage food and drinks afterwards at a nearby pub to provide a networking opportunity and a nice end to the day.

#2 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

The venue is perfect and the speakers are definitely not to be missed

You have just made my day
Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#3 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

Sorry this news has been so long in coming - but I think it will be worth the wait.

Steve has my full backing as our new chair & I do urge you to come and hear what his plans are for the UKPS. All the membership has to be involved if our organisation is going to work.

We also have Steve to thank for the Alford duo - now that's going to be something to see!!!!
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#4 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:48 PM

Absolutely fantastic!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#5 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

Magnificant
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#6 martyn

martyn

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:52 PM

Fantastic - thanks for that.
Can I ask who has the connection to Woodstock, if it's not an impertinent question.
Really looking forward to it, just need to try and arrange a shift swap for a Sat night, might need to resort to a sickie!

#7 Bob Twells

Bob Twells

UKPS Web Admin

• UKPS Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

Great news, really looking forward to it!
Is Steve's appointment now official, or is it subject to a membership vote?

#8 dave

dave

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

for those who cant attend, i hope the minutes of the meeting will be made available
to members, perhaps in the members section.

dave

#9 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

|I think you could write the AGM minutes for any organisation long in advance

There were no appologies for absence
A quorum of members was present
There were no matters arising from the last AGM
Treasurer's, secretary's and chairman's reports were received and accepted
Elections for ....... and ...... were held and ...... and ....... were elected without opposition. The secretary indicated that they would like to be replaced at the next AGM.
The Chairman wished the committee and members a prosperous year.

Refreshments and entertainment continued into the evening.

Seem familiar anyone?

The proposed firework display may get filmed and may get youtubed, the entertainments may not get released from the building in which they happened.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#10 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

MIExpE & Director - Illusion Fireworks Ltd

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:30 AM

VERY local to me, let me know if I can assist the professional display, have multiple sets of pyroquip, may save dragging equipment too far?

www.illusionfireworks.com - A SKY FULL OF MAGIC!

#11 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

Great news, really looking forward to it!
Is Steve's appointment now official, or is it subject to a membership vote?

As we received no further nominations for the position of Chairman, (or any of the other positions for that matter!), then all appointments are automatic. Steve has accepted, and he will be setting out his visions for the society's future.

VERY local to me, let me know if I can assist the professional display, have multiple sets of pyroquip, may save dragging equipment too far?

Thanks for the offer Karl, could you drop Steve (Pyromancer) a PM on the forum or a quick email? I'm sure would be appreciated.

R

#12 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

MIExpE & Director - Illusion Fireworks Ltd

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

Hi Richard, will do.

www.illusionfireworks.com - A SKY FULL OF MAGIC!

#13 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

We intend to try and involve as many people as possible (who want to be involved!) in the display this year.

However, we want to simplify things quite a bit, for logistical and other reasons. The display will be hand fired (more fun anyway). More details as soon as we have agreed on them...
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#14 Bob Twells

Bob Twells

UKPS Web Admin

• UKPS Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

I'm assuming the AGM is open to the public as usual? Any cost involved for non-members?

#15 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

Excellent news on all fronts,

really looking forward to the Agm and to steves vision of the future of the Ukps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users