55 replies to this topic

#1 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:49 PM

Hi Guys.

One thing Ive run out of recently and want more of is (curently only ) PL10 monetti time fuse, its the type most Plasticos Gamon shells are designed to take with a thick plastic outer measuring 10mm OD

As shipping is not cheap and I doubt I need 250m of the stuff myself Im finding out if any other suitable folks want to go in on the order for either full 250m packs, individual 50m rolls or parts of them?

Im considering ordering other sizes too as there is PL5, PL6, PL8 and PL10 which is very good for time delays in chains, Im going to make a cutting machine to make my own time delays of any length from it so you can have it cut to length if you wish too.

If anyone really is interested in largish (100's) amounts of 1 second to 5 second delays I could be persuaded to simply buy pre cut delays in those sizes too as they come as PL10 diameter but in differing colours to designate their burn time.

PLEASE PM or email me soon as Im wanting to get on with this asap.

Phill

#2 cooperman435

cooperman435

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:33 PM

OOps I forgot to mention pricing, its currently looking at around the £120 give or take as a safe price per 50m roll, cheaper if u get a few as Ill be able to split the shipping and cheaper if loads of folks want some for the same reason. it could get as low as £100 or even £95 per 50m if we get enough interest. As long as ive my prices right and decyphered there email corectly then it should be right anyway.

cant quote prices on the pl5 6 and 8 but there cheaper, per m 5mm is about 1/3 the cost as is 6mm and 8mm is about 2/3 the cost. BUT asthey have minimum quantities you or a group would have to get enough to justify it. Advantage still being splitting the shipping more ways.

#3 cooperman435

cooperman435

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:54 PM

Ohh and I forgot to mention too Im getting it t make my own time delays so I can show anyone wanting them too how to easilly, ive a video up doing it to have a butchers at as the HUGE surface area means no cross matching or priming needed :)

video is at for all to see

#4 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

MIExpE & Director - Illusion Fireworks Ltd

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:19 AM

I'll stick to spolettina ;)

Not sure naked flames to activate heat shrink containing fuses is the most sensible idea in the world, especially on your kitchen!

Can you get hold of the thincker (6mm) red Monetti?

Edited by Masterchief, 18 May 2012 - 06:36 AM.

www.illusionfireworks.com - A SKY FULL OF MAGIC!

#5 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:34 AM

Are you getting the fuse direct from Monetti or are you using their UK distributer (pains)?
Phew that was close.

#6 cooperman435

cooperman435

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:52 AM

I'll stick to spolettina ;)

Not sure naked flames to activate heat shrink containing fuses is the most sensible idea in the world, especially on your kitchen!

Can you get hold of the thincker (6mm) red Monetti?

It is like Spolettina! its just that they use the pre cut time delays which are colour coded already rather than all blue and I did have a go at them a long time ago too!

Lighter used to show that the shrink wrap protects it, Id suggest a hot air gun for larger amounts or even better a steam gun.

The Red PL6 is THINNER than the blue PL10 not thicker? The number at the end is the OD of the time fuse but yes I can get the PL6 its around 1/3 the cost so a lot cheaper but has a 800m minimum order ? Ill hapilly order and take some myself if people let me know what there after.

Edited by cooperman435, 18 May 2012 - 04:32 PM.

#7 cooperman435

cooperman435

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:53 AM

Are you getting the fuse direct from Monetti or are you using their UK distributer (pains)?

Direct from Monetti, they no longer have a UK distributor according to them?

#8 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:47 AM

I could do with a few boxes of PL6. I will give them a call later. I assume we can share some of the shipping costs by amalgamating into one shipment.

Cheers

G
Phew that was close.

#9 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:45 AM

I would be interested in 100m of the thinner (that's what I meant!) PL6

#10 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

well spolettina cost around £0.32 per 3 sec time fuse

would love to say iv tried them but im still waiting to get samples. :(

£100 for 50m is £2 meter

@1cm per sec you can get 33x 3sec time fuses per meter

6p per 3 sec time fuse + and 2p for bit of heat shrink

hummm i think i know what im ordering

about 200m of PL10 please phill might even pay you to make them up phill

Edited by PyroPDC, 18 May 2012 - 11:48 AM.

#11 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

But it's the cost of time to do it! Time = money.

Phil if you set up the jigs and find a quick system to produce ACCURATE delays then I reckon there is some money to be made. Just remember it's patented so you couldn't market it.

#12 Gavin

Gavin

• UKPS Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

Hi Phill,

If the PL10 is used for shells and delays what are the smaller sizes used for?

Does it come with the heat shrink tube & clip tool also?

Cheers,

Gavin

#13 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

the pl10 is not cut so you can choose the times ect where as the pre cut stuff is pl10 but pre cut. the pre cut stuff is like 3 -4p more but less messing around cutting it. by the looks of things phill making a tool that will make sure the time is the same each time.

phill can fit the heat shrink tube for you or you can buy your own, iv done the cost up above if you make them yourself, il give him a ring now to get some costs of him making them for you including heat shrink.
the clip tool you can buy from ebay about £14

Edited by PyroPDC, 18 May 2012 - 02:33 PM.

#14 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

id be intrested to know how a bit of time fuse in sleaving could be patented, its been around for a lot longer than spolettina. plus its not like he are making the fuse that comes pre made

Edited by PyroPDC, 18 May 2012 - 01:39 PM.

#15 martyn

martyn

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

The yanks make em (buckets) with coin wrappers and timefuse.
By the way, if this turns into too much of a scrap :) we might find that Monetti will refuse to suppy Phill under pressure from spolett ina.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users