Photo

Monetti time fuse ordering

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

The yanks make em (buckets) with coin wrappers and timefuse.
By the way, if this turns into too much of a scrap :) we might find that Monetti will refuse to suppy Phill under pressure from spolett ina.

i can hardly see them refusing to sell time fuse otherwise they wouldn't sell it in the first place.plus phils not trying to copy spolettina it just a generic product

Edited by PyroPDC, 18 May 2012 - 02:34 PM.

#17 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

plus phils not trying to copy spolettina

I'm all for people taking the opportunity and using their initiative but I think you'd be hard pressed to argue that one :)

Edited by Starsky72, 18 May 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#18 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

the Chinese have also made the same product just with different types of time fuse, spolettina have just took a generic product and made it waterproof

Edited by PyroPDC, 18 May 2012 - 03:34 PM.

#19 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

spolettina have just took a generic product and made it waterproof

perhaps thats the point though - has there been monetti/monetti type fuse, in a heat shrunk waterproof soft coating before?? Spolettina haven't copied an existing item, they have adapted it, took it a step further etc - I mean come on, the video even shows the same tool being used.

As I said initially I just think you would be hard pressed to argue that what Phil has done isn't a direct copy

Edited by Starsky72, 18 May 2012 - 04:04 PM.

#20 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Im not marketing it guys just buying time fuse and offering to split the order, I am making my own time delays and as you can see yes they are very similar to spoolinetas but I did do it myself LONG before they came onto the market and Im sure Ive a video or photos somwhere on some distant pc that may help if anyone kicks off.

Im NOT trying to copy spoolinetas product and undercut them though I wish to state now!

Ill hapilly sell it in lengths or cut peices simply as Im going to make a cutting machine to save on my own labour so I may as well.

I dont see any issue using the hogring pliers Ive had years for it and there actually a more convinient design than theirs I think as there inline not rightangled?

SO far we have around 450m of PL10 and 2500m PL6 wanted so it looks like Ill be ordering soon.

I dont see the issue sellign the bits including shrink wrap as bulk buying saves a fortune and what you do with it is your choice?

Edited by cooperman435, 18 May 2012 - 04:51 PM.

#21 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

I wasn't saying I personally had a problem with it, just that IF there is any patent on the product then what you are producing in that video (and offering to sell) would be sailing close to the wind.

Good luck with it mate, if I had the time to spare I'd probably consider doing it myself, for my own use :)

#22 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

Phil c,

Do you think it would be safer & perhaps easier to use a vacuum shrink wrap machine?

#23 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

Phil c,

Do you think it would be safer & perhaps easier to use a vacuum shrink wrap machine?

would that no shrink wrap the whole length and not just the time fuse bit

Edited by PyroPDC, 18 May 2012 - 05:38 PM.

#24 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:48 PM

possibly a heat gun (paint stripper type thing)

#25 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

would that no shrink wrap the whole length and not just the time fuse bit

Good point, perhaps it might be possible to insert some kind of non-stick tapered coated dowl at both ends that can be removed after the first shrink?

#26 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

MIExpE & Director - Illusion Fireworks Ltd

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

Im NOT trying to copy spoolinetas product and undercut them though I wish to state now!

You better get Paul to stop marketing your pre-made services on UKFR then ;)

Phil can you PM me cost for 100m PL6, SkyBurst use it heavily and it opens a new avenue for delay creativity, seems to take very readily from QM too which is an obvious bonus.

www.illusionfireworks.com - A SKY FULL OF MAGIC!

#27 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

so, is the Monetti PL6 far more accurate burning than say the chinese time fuse that is available from UK suppliers and... is that accuracy with it/necessary?

#28 cooperman435

cooperman435

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

Id guess the same accuracy its just from experience a lot easier to ignite as it doesnt need priming or x matching for at least the PL10 anyway

AS I said before Im not intending to sell any finished product of any sort just time fuse in rolls or cut bits, I may have a load of shrink wrap also as if Im buying it for myself Ill hapilly sell of a load to split delivery again but what you do with time fuse and shrink wrap in your own workshop is up to you Im not trying to pry :-0

if everyone says what they want I can then price it up as delivery is a major part and without the full order I cant price up the fuse either.

#29 cooperman435

cooperman435

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:42 PM

and yes a heat gun or even steam gun will be used by myself not a flame lol.

I tried dowleing them but its too tight without lubrication which then hinders you with BM contamination

Edited by cooperman435, 18 May 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#30 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:24 PM

excuse my ignorance but does the thinner (PL6) burn at a different speed than the PL10?

Seeing as my supply of premade delays has run out and there are no more to be had, I need an alternative, I was thinking more like this....

Time Fuse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users