• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Euan

Euan

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

Right, haha, this is a little bit of a strange one. The UK as we all know doesen't know much about classing fireworks correctly. Now, mortars have been illegal for anybody without a liscence to have for ages. But recently i have been looking at these so called "shot tubes" and opened one up to have a look inside, and what was it...a 2" x 1" pre loaded cannister shell. I just find this really strange that they let these be sold and not reloadable mortars when they are exactly the same thing. Also, i have seen strips of firecrackers for sale, last time i checked, they were illigal in the UK. What is going on...

#2 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

Depending on the makeup they may be illegal too, is it a 1" tube or a 2" tube?

Firecrackers are illegal yes, are you prepared to share the seller with us?

#3 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

MIExpE & Director - Illusion Fireworks Ltd

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

The UK as we all know doesn't know much about classing fireworks correctly.

Clearly neither do you.

For a start you should not be disassembling fireworks. Cakes / roman candles (consumer up to 30mm ID) contain an 'effect unit' or 'bombette' while essentially this is a sort of mini shell the lifting force is considerably less than that of an aerial shell.

A 30mm bombette will do you damage but it is very unlikely it will kill you, an aerial shell no matter what calibre will likely kill you. The fact the cake or 'shot tube' is pre-loaded at manufacture removes the risk that comes with re-loading a tube (reloading is a practice no longer carried out by even professionals in the UK for safety reasons)

The firecrackers you talk about are likely 'Dragon Tails' these are Chinese firecracker imitations, they actually consist of a long strip of crackling microstars the pop loudly and wildly offering a very similar effect to traditional firecracker chains.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=chRo94Y7PwE

www.illusionfireworks.com - A SKY FULL OF MAGIC!

#4 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

Jumping Jacks are history under the Fireworks of random movement prohibition. A hung strip of bangers/dragons eggs would not be "of random movement if hung as instructed.

Sadly also prohibited bangers and airbombs do still pop up on the market.

http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#5 charlie3

charlie3

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:08 AM

The firecrackers you talk about are likely 'Dragon Tails' these are Chinese firecracker imitations, they actually consist of a long strip of crackling microstars the pop loudly and wildly offering a very similar effect to traditional firecracker chains.

Classed as fountains i believe...

C.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mortar, Cat3, Rocket, Firecracker, Firework, Bp, Powder, Composition, UK, Law

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users