22 replies to this topic

#16 rocketpro

rocketpro

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:03 PM

That is the problem Kenneth. Without the licence is it legal to make and use the 100grammes or not. A Definitive answer is needed to that question.

The only way you will get a definitive answer is to take ER2014 to an explosives lawyer for clarification. You may well be pleasantly surprised. ;)

Who tests the tester.

#17 David G

David G

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:19 PM

The only way you will get a definitive answer is to take ER2014 to an explosives lawyer for clarification. You may well be pleasantly surprised. ;)

That sounds interesting and hopeful.

#18 wayne

wayne

• Admin
  • 422 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:36 PM

I can't believe we're still knocking this one around!  If you're making anything that is a controlled explosive which requires a explosive certificate possess, to make it legally, its need to be <=100g NEQ and the individual needs to possess an explosive certificate.  Simple as that.

On the otherside of the coin, if you manufacture a substance/device which isn't controlled (or doesn't require an explosive cert), you can make that legally up to 100g without an explosive cert.  Unfortunately, in most cases, pyro based comps will require a certificate and its always recommended that an individual obtains one.

I know I've said it many times, but please read the guidance doc.

Edited by wayne, 02 March 2015 - 05:41 PM.

#19 rocketpro

rocketpro

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:21 PM

I have to agree. And it`s evident by how few people have applied! 

I jumped through all the hoops because pyro has been part of my life for many years, and I wouldn`t want to lose it, but many people will not want to go through the hassle of it all :(

Edited by rocketpro, 02 March 2015 - 07:29 PM.

Who tests the tester.

#20 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:33 PM

Lets keep this challenge topic to How much entertainment can you get from 100g NEQ.

Could possibly be a single shell, could be a fountain and a wheel and a mine and a cake. Your choice but 100g of NEQ in the display.

Could you even add a packet of sparklers? 

When you have done the guestimates then go for a complete weighing list -everything that you would use as you would weigh it out.

I reckon a cake using 6mm (1/4inch)tubes could have a lot of fun and a really low NEQ each tube say 1g total. Or just make a single cake starting with 6mm tubes and progressing to 19mm with inserts via fanned mines.

Go for it! How much entertainment can YOU get from 100g NEQ total.

http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#21 wayne

wayne

• Admin
  • 422 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:41 PM

After all these months, we're back to, "its all too much hassle".  Apart from issues over demonstrating your own competence, applying for the necessary licences couldn't be easier!  It's your choice, do as you see fit.

Do remember that apart from the EPP licence, the explosive certificate requirement hasn't changed from MSER 2005.  Nothing has gone "tits up", the legal requirements (apart from EPP) hasn't changed!.  Its always been the case that BP based comps/devices would need a explosive certificate to make a 100g pyrotechnic device or substance.  The only difference now is, you now know you need the certificate whereas before it was cloudy and people just did what they wanted.

Its all personal choice, if applying for a few licences or travelling to collect chemicals is too much hassle then do as you wish.

#22 wayne

wayne

• Admin
  • 422 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:43 PM

We already know the answer. We need an explosive cert to make anything, I thought everyone understood this now

Rod

At least someone's got it!

#23 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:33 AM

Anyway if I had the necessaries I would be making traditional Roman candles, never quite perfected them, doing it the old way without wadding

Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users